OT: Depends Who You Ask Apocalypse - Off Topic Thread of Summer

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
Was watching this Korean variety show about bosses and their businesses, it's an interesting watch. There is a famous trainer featured, he operates a gym and has a lot of famous clients. Anyway, he has a staff of trainers and a Pilates instructor who is an absolute riot. The guy is huge and she's tiny, watching them eat together is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while... she is a character. He's a tough guy and a bit of a cheapskate, she could eat a whole cow in one sitting.

For those interested...

@LeapOnOver - Have you seen this? It's pretty funny.

Pdubs, are you Korean or just a fan of the culture? My wife is Chinese and it's non stop Korean tv in my household! In fact, the biggest strife we have in our marriage is her love of Koran food which I am not a big fan of. Vice versa she hates Mexican which I of course love. Outside of that it's marital bliss:laugh::laugh:

Reactions: PWJunior

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Pdubs, are you Korean or just a fan of the culture? My wife is Chinese and it's non stop Korean tv in my household! In fact, the biggest strife we have in our marriage is her love of Koran food which I am not a big fan of. Vice versa she hates Mexican which I of course love. Outside of that it's marital bliss:laugh::laugh:

Yeah, I'm Korean. Born and raised on LI, but I did live with my grandparents in Korea from 6 months old to 5 years old. I'm a big fan of all asian cuisine, I have issues with Mexican. :laugh:

You might like this video...

Richie Daggers Crime

Rugged individualist
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
It seems to me that Asian people eat food I wouldn't even feed to my garbage can. My wife went to China and she said the food there was stomach-turning.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
tenor.gif

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Yeah, I'm Korean. Born and raised on LI, but I did live with my grandparents in Korea from 6 months old to 5 years old. I'm a big fan of all asian cuisine, I have issues with Mexican. :laugh:

You might like this video...

Haha! "Oye Pendejo"!!! Nice start! I like their reaction to eating tongue. The ladies are all cuties - looks like they are a lot of fun.

Reactions: PWJunior

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Haha! "Oye Pendejo"!!! Nice start! I like their reaction to eating tongue. The ladies are all cuties - looks like they are a lot of fun.

There's a bunch of videos featuring the same girls with different stuff. TV Dinners is a funny one, Authentic Italian, American BBQ, and Pizza.

Here's the pizza one:

My favorite channel is this British dude who interviews celebs and people with Korean food. He has a bunch of awesome videos on his channel - Korean Englishman - and he features the best of Korean food and informative. His Korean is better than mine, haha. Here's a sample...

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
There's a bunch of videos featuring the same girls with different stuff. TV Dinners is a funny one, Authentic Italian, American BBQ, and Pizza.

Here's the pizza one:

My favorite channel is this British dude who interviews celebs and people with Korean food. He has a bunch of awesome videos on his channel - Korean Englishman - and he features the best of Korean food and informative. His Korean is better than mine, haha. Here's a sample...

I like when one of the girls, who weighs like 90 pounds, says "I normally could only eat two slices, but I think I could eat three or four of these" LOL.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Anyone see the new trailer for Top Gun: Maverick? The original is my all time favorite movie. While I’m sure it won’t live up to the OG, I gotta admit, I’m getting pretty excited for it

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Anyone see the new trailer for Top Gun: Maverick. The original is my all time favorite movie. While I’m sure it won’t live up to the OG, I gotta admit, I’m getting pretty excited for it

I'm definitely going to see it.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Survivor: a show where people have to live on an island and struggle in competition against each other in order to survive. I'd think a guy from Long Beach would have an unfair advantage. ;)
I watched the first season of survivor. Thrown on an island, no food no shelter, go at it. It was good. Stopped watching after season 2. Saw 5 minutes last night when I turned on the TV, channel was already on CBS. And I see quite a nice shelter with floor boards and a thatched roof strung together with plastic rope, and contestants that look like they’ve been eating well enough. I’m fairly certain a small group of people with close to zero experience building stuff did not put this together.

what kind of survivor is this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->