OT: Depends Who You Ask Apocalypse - Off Topic Thread of Summer

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
Pizza has gotten decent here, mostly because of the high amount of NY transplants. There are 3 or 4 places in Charlotte that I would say have good pie. There's even a good bagel place too, and I've heard of a couple others but haven't tried them out yet.

A true diner (some wannabe diners exist) and a true NY deli are sorely missed. I've always thought a traditional NY deli with egg sandwiches and heroes would kill it here, but in the end it's all about that NY roll that you just can't duplicate

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
A true diner (some wannabe diners exist) and a true NY deli are sorely missed. I've always thought a traditional NY deli with egg sandwiches and heroes would kill it here, but in the end it's all about that NY roll that you just can't duplicate

Diners are only what they are because of the specialized food distribution network that caters to them. You can't have good diners with their massive menus without that network.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Pizza has gotten decent here, mostly because of the high amount of NY transplants. There are 3 or 4 places in Charlotte that I would say have good pie. There's even a good bagel place too, and I've heard of a couple others but haven't tried them out yet.

Ain't that the truth. We also sorely lack the ocean, but hey I'm a spoiled LI transplant.

Sal's Pizza Factory has been the best slice I've had so far in CLT.

Reactions: IslesCLT

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Heading to Denver from Sat-Wed, any suggestions? I'm looking at you @Bones45

- Going to Red Rocks for Slightly Stoopid on Saturday
- GF's birthday dinner at Fruition on Monday
- Is Coors Brewing any good?
- Best free outdoor park / hike?

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Heading to Denver from Sat-Wed, any suggestions? I'm looking at you @Bones45

- Going to Red Rocks for Slightly Stoopid on Saturday
- GF's birthday dinner at Fruition on Monday
- Is Coors Brewing any good?
- Best free outdoor park / hike?
Red Rocks is fantastic place to see a show. Probably the best venue I've ever been too. Too bad your're seeing a shitty band there though. I'd go on Sunday for Mule and Bingham...

Richie Daggers Crime

Rugged individualist
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
For some reason, I've been watching a lot of TV. I guess it's part of my life-long project of becoming a human slug.

The Boys - Awesome. Best show I've seen in a long while. Nuanced and full of interesting contradictions. Also, wickedly funny.
Another Life - Ok. Uses too many tropes as its foundation. Some bad acting. The last couple of episodes set up something that could be interesting, though.
After Life - Ok. A little schmaltzy and everything wrapped up too neatly, but Gervais makes it worth watching.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Anyone see that the Bagel Boss guy is going to fight Lenny Dykstra?
Like meeting someplace and duking it out, or is it an organized event? I hope they don't think they can make it per-per-view or anything!

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
The last couple days I have craved pork buns. Left about 8 this morning and drove to Chinatown from Long Island. Why not, it's Sunday morning and traffic should be minimal.The only place to go is Hop Shing . It's rights where The Bowery ends at Chatham Square. The place was packed as usual . Picked up a dozen for my family and a dozen for my sisters family as a surprise. I can only say that everyone should try one or three. Only about 15-16 dollars a dozen . So freaken good.

LGI

Reactions: beach and Jethro

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
Bagel Boss should put a little kiosk at the new arena.
A bagel and a schmear at an Isles game?
They’d kill.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
The last couple days I have craved pork buns. Left about 8 this morning and drove to Chinatown from Long Island. Why not, it's Sunday morning and traffic should be minimal.The only place to go is Hop Shing . It's rights where The Bowery ends at Chatham Square. The place was packed as usual . Picked up a dozen for my family and a dozen for my sisters family as a surprise. I can only say that everyone should try one or three. Only about 15-16 dollars a dozen . So freaken good.

LGI

How are their dumplings?

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
How are their dumplings?

I have never tried them sorry .

Bagel Boss should put a little kiosk at the new arena.
A bagel and a schmear at an Isles game?
They’d kill.

2 girls in bagel top bikinis getting cream cheese everywhere for $9 dollars a bagel . I always will remember back in the 80s the bikini hot dog girls down in Ft Lauderdale . Just a cart and a bikini. $5 you got a dog and a picture . NO there was no ala cart menu . Dirty minds all of you .

Reactions: Poster Unknown

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Red Rocks is fantastic place to see a show. Probably the best venue I've ever been too. Too bad your're seeing a ****ty band there though. I'd go on Sunday for Mule and Bingham...

Red Rocks was unbelievable. We wanted to double dip and see Mule and Bingham on Sunday but the Uber situation leaving was a disaster and wanted no part of it again unfortunately.

The Real JT

In Lou We Trust: Just kidding
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Sam Darnold out with mono.

SOJ

ny_jets_fans.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->