OT: Depends Who You Ask Apocalypse - Off Topic Thread of Summer

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Weird thought I didn't know where I should put it: Matt Martin is now the son in law of one of my all time childhood heroes.

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
I would post this in the weather thread but last time I dared go there it was like Lions and Tigers and Bears OH MY ! = That said this is looking to be a hot week temp wise but IF the Euro weather model has this correct then we could be looking at 4 days of 95+ degree temps in a row and the heat index looks to be stupid high if this verifies the fun appears to begin either Thursday or Friday,,,,,,fluids guys and girls and AC don't hurt either

QuadDeuces

Jul 16, 2006
Salt Lake City
I would post this in the weather thread but last time I dared go there it was like Lions and Tigers and Bears OH MY ! = That said this is looking to be a hot week temp wise but IF the Euro weather model has this correct then we could be looking at 4 days of 95+ degree temps in a row and the heat index looks to be stupid high if this verifies the fun appears to begin either Thursday or Friday,,,,,,fluids guys and girls and AC don't hurt either

Thanks for the heads up. Heading to AC for Thurs-Sat... wait, that's not what you meant?

Reactions: CBG

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Am I the only one who didn't recognize Cary Elwes until they saw his name in the credits?

I'm not old enough to have recognized who that is...thought he did a great job as the scummy mayor though.

Was surprised to find out that Robin (the new girl who works at Scoops Ahoy with Steve) is Maya Hawke, the daughter of Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman.

Reactions: dano16

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Am I the only one who didn't recognize Cary Elwes until they saw his name in the credits?

Holy HELL! I didn't watch the credits, so didn't know. That said, if there's a prosopagnosia (face-blindness) spectrum, I'm on it.

Was so happy to hear that Ursula K. Le Guin reference (recently deceased author of the Earthsea Cycle). I'm so happy they put in a memorial for her, and (essentially) encouraged folks to read her books.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
All of Patchague.

If you cant spell the name of the town correctly, not sure how much you know about Patchogue? :)

You are correct though -- Patchogue has a bunch of places on the river and in town. The Oar, Harbour Crab, and a couple of places on the west side -- Off tiki or something like that.

Islip also has a nice downtown too.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
If you cant spell the name of the town correctly, not sure how much you know about Patchogue? :)

You are correct though -- Patchogue has a bunch of places on the river and in town. The Oar, Harbour Crab, and a couple of places on the west side -- Off tiki or something like that.

It was either an a or and o :dunno: , Harbor Crab is misspelled if we're commenting on grammar now.

But yes those are some places. Lombardi's on the Bay and Dublin Deck are some more. I personally love the Oar. Those rum buckets.... :banana:

Edit: Also Tres Palms in Babylon, Salt in Merrick, Kingstons in Sayville or W Sayville.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bones45

CBG

Jan 7, 2018

Im told Josh Bailey frequents Patchogue lol

Reactions: Poster Unknown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->