OT: Pizza thread from years ago

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Habs fan coming in peace!

There was a thread ages ago about Montreal's version of pizza vs Islander's. It was hilarious.

Unfortunately, I can't find it and was hoping one of you could.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
because of that thread, i went on to try both L&B Spumoni gardens and Trattoria Casa Di Issaco. Have been back to both (however issaco is more of the experience over the italian/spanish food..)

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
because of that thread, i went on to try both L&B Spumoni gardens and Trattoria Casa Di Issaco. Have been back to both (however issaco is more of the experience over the italian/spanish food..)

L&B has excellent food beyond the pizza ... and the Spumoni... fogetabouit.

Neighborhood sux though.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Neighborhood sux though.

You think that neighborhood sucks??? Try Coney Island. Totonno's is there and so is Gargiulio's, but we put up with things for a good slice of pizza.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

The thread was epic IMO

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
You think that neighborhood sucks??? Try Coney Island. Totonno's is there and so is Gargiulio's, but we put up with things for a good slice of pizza.

I live in Brooklyn MJF .. been to CI many times and as recently as two weeks ago. The Thunderbolt rollercoaster - highly recommend. I'm 40+ and still enjoy a good thrill ride. :nod:

As for the bolded I've never eaten at either... which one do you prefer?

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
635712349176186924-266189091_pizza-o.gif

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I live in Brooklyn MJF .. been to CI many times and as recently as two weeks ago. The Thunderbolt rollercoaster - highly recommend. I'm 40+ and still enjoy a good thrill ride. :nod:

As for the bolded I've never eaten at either... which one do you prefer?

Totonno's is terrific pizza. I'm not sure if they still only serve until they run out of pizza after lunchtime or if they stay open late now. I haven't been there before superstorm sandy.

I've never been to Gargiulo's but I know it's an Italian restaurant and not a pizzeria.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
That's the thread where Enigmatic professed his love for veggie cream cheese.

I'm assuming he's gone to rehab and reformed his ways.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
That's the thread where Enigmatic professed his love for veggie cream cheese.

I'm assuming he's gone to rehab and reformed his ways.

It has it's place among cream cheeses, maybe on a plain bagel. But on a toasted everything bagel should go only plain cream cheese.

scott99

May 13, 2005

Neighborhood sux though.

I could not agree any more. The food is my favorite of any Italian restaurant, as well as the pizza (get only Sicilian slices, my favorite pizza of all time). I now get taken there every year for my birthday. We actually get slices as appetizers before our meal, best of both worlds.

Spumoni is the best I've ever had.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->