Proposal: Pittsburgh - St. Louis

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Not really interested in that package for Rust. The value is probably there but idk. What about Rust for Fabbri? Maybe an add from the Pens side?
I would do that, although some of my fellow Blues fans would disagree. There is the possibility that Fabbri returns to form and becomes a 60pt player on Crosby's wing.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I like a lot of Pittsburgh's players but still haven't seen a trade that makes sense for the Blues yet. The closest thing we could do is something like Sobotka/Walman for Brassard.

No to Fabbri for Rust. Even with the injury, Fabbri's ceiling is still way higher. Not taking that risk.

Our top 4D are Edmundson/Petro Dunn/Parayko

Who knows how/if JBo comes back. And then Gunnerson is out until at least Christmas, and then will be a question mark. For all the talk about STL defense, we are actually pretty thin on the left side. We'll probably have Bortuzo shift to the left side if JBo isn't ready by the start of the season to play with Schmaltz. I don't know if Walman is ready to make it to the show yet.
Gunnarsson will be back around the start of the season, not Christmas.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I would do that, although some of my fellow Blues fans would disagree. There is the possibility that Fabbri returns to form and becomes a 60pt player on Crosby's wing.
If Fabbri returns to form, hes a 60pt player on anyone's wing.....

Reactions: Rexx

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Gunnarsson will be back around the start of the season, not Christmas.

I thought he had the ACL surgery in the middle of April? If so, I could see 6 months for the graft to take, then another month to work out and try and get back in shape, so I suspect it will not be Christmas like you said, but more towards the end of October or early November. I would be shocked if he was ready to go at the beginning of the season, but I hope so as this will allow the Blues to be active on the trade front with him or JBo.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Don't think the value is all that bad aside from that. Surprised Sobotka's on the list - is he on the outs there?
Yeah, he will probably is.

The way that our GM talks about Thomas makes it pretty clear that we think he's making the roster next season, and he isn't going to be thrown into the top-6. So that should give us Steen and Thomas on the third line.

Then it's the debate over whether we should just move one of Berglund and Sobotka, or move both. We have too many bottom-6 guys and too many LH shots.

Reactions: Peat

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I'd be curious to hear what Pitt fans think of a deal around Brassard + conditional pick (condition being he re-signs in St. Louis) for Sobotka + Schmaltz/Walman.

Honestly think such a deal could be beneficial for both teams. :dunno:

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
I'd be curious to hear what Pitt fans think of a deal around Brassard + conditional pick (condition being he re-signs in St. Louis) for Sobotka + Schmaltz/Walman.

i don't like it. i was pretty hard on Brassard during the playoffs but i wanna see what he can do healthy with a full offseason with the Pens under his belt.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015

No thanks. Pretty easily too. We paid a heavy price for Brassard. He looked a little uncomfortable but that should change next season. We are happy to keep him. There are players I would trade him for but not on the Blues (TB for Johnson or Miller for example)

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
Edmundson is either the #2 or #3 defensemen depending on your definition. He plays on the top pairing with Alex Pietrangelo and it was evident how sorely missed he was when he broke his arm last year.

I’m not saying he’s untouchable, but moving him would create another sizable hole on the Blues roster.

I agree I think Joel is going to be a main peace of the Defensive core. The guy is the best at doing the blocking and playing defense. Alex is the more offense style. Joel is the tough guy part of the group. I don't think he will be moved more so with so many of the current starters being free agents in the next off season. Bo, Gunnar, and Bortuzzo. I think the Blues will build more around Petro, Joel, Colton, and Dunn. Can see Bortuzzo back because he cheap.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Edmundson is basically ekholm without the national notoriety thanks to the cup run last year.

Stud shutdown top4 D with size and mobility, while also being 24. Doubtful he moves for anything below a massive overpayment

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
To STL :
Derrick Brassard with an extention

Sign and trades don't happen anymore. If I am the Blues, I am not paying you for something I could do myself (negotiate a contract with Brassard). In fact, I'd prefer to do it myself. I'd pay a very little bit extra for the right to discuss re-signing and to have a deal in plae before the trade. But that does not carry anywhere near the same value as a fully extended player, or what you are asking for.

I just thought one of your top d would be available, especially with the recent emergence of Dunn. I know for a fact that STL would never trade Pietrangelo or Parayko. Not that we could afford them anyway. And we can't afford Bouwmeester either. So that would leave Edmundson as the only good fit.

Bouwmeester will not be re-signed unless he takes a significant pay cut and a bottom pairing role. Gunnarsson will not be re-signed. As stated, Our Top 4 is Edmundson-Pietrangelo and Dunn-Parayko going forward. Dunn is the most likely to be traded of the group, but even he would take severe overpayment. I'd honestly put Edmundson's value fairly close to Parayko. He is better defensively, although not as good offensively and without the upside.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Sign and trades don't happen anymore. If I am the Blues, I am not paying you for something I could do myself (negotiate a contract with Brassard). In fact, I'd prefer to do it myself. I'd pay a very little bit extra for the right to discuss re-signing and to have a deal in plae before the trade. But that does not carry anywhere near the same value as a fully extended player, or what you are asking for.

Doubt the Duchene-Turris deal happens without an extension for Turris being talked about and shook on in advance.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Doubt the Duchene-Turris deal happens without an extension for Turris being talked about and shook on in advance.

True. As I said, discussions before the trade and a hand-shake deal are fine. But an actual signed contract and then a trade where the trading team gets value for a 7 year player is very rare. Ottawa barely got fair value for a rental Turris, much less a signed one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->