Proposal: Pittsburgh - St. Louis

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Blues won’t do it. Edmundson really isn’t available but even if he was it’d be for a younger player than Brassard.

Reactions: stl76

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Would Simon for Walman interest you?
Eh, not really. Have enough left-hand shots up front and I don’t think his upside is worth it. Not a bad player but Walman might be better used just throwing in a package for a proven center/RW.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
If not Sprong for Edmundson could be great for both teams.
Can't see that. Edmundson has basically put himself on the #1 line with Petro and has played very well. When he broke his arm blocking that shot, his presence was sorely missed.

Brassard could be a fallback position if the Blues swing and miss on a younger center, but not at the cost of one of our top 4 defensemen.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
Blues need a number 1 center. We have schenn who is a high end number 2. Brassard would be a number 3 and that’s where Thomas should play next year so he can be protected by steen and berglund who are defensively responsible. I don’t see brassard as a good fit here.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Can't see that. Edmundson has basically put himself on the #1 line with Petro and has played very well. When he broke his arm blocking that shot, his presence was sorely missed.

Brassard could be a fallback position if the Blues swing and miss on a younger center, but not at the cost of one of our top 4 defensemen.

I just thought one of your top d would be available, especially with the recent emergence of Dunn. I know for a fact that STL would never trade Pietrangelo or Parayko. Not that we could afford them anyway. And we can't afford Bouwmeester either. So that would leave Edmundson as the only good fit.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I just thought one of your top d would be available, especially with the recent emergence of Dunn. I know for a fact that STL would never trade Pietrangelo or Parayko. Not that we could afford them anyway. And we can't afford Bouwmeester either. So that would leave Edmundson as the only good fit.
Easy no. Edds is the man

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Our top 4D are Edmundson/Petro Dunn/Parayko

Who knows how/if JBo comes back. And then Gunnerson is out until at least Christmas, and then will be a question mark. For all the talk about STL defense, we are actually pretty thin on the left side. We'll probably have Bortuzo shift to the left side if JBo isn't ready by the start of the season to play with Schmaltz. I don't know if Walman is ready to make it to the show yet.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I think we would be willing to retain on either Bouwmeester or Gunnarsson. Just don't know if they will be ready for the start of the season.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Edmundson is either the #2 or #3 defensemen depending on your definition. He plays on the top pairing with Alex Pietrangelo and it was evident how sorely missed he was when he broke his arm last year.

I’m not saying he’s untouchable, but moving him would create another sizable hole on the Blues roster.

Reactions: Colt55

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
To STL :
Derrick Brassard with an extention

To PIT :
Joel Edmundson

Pittsburgh won't be able to afford Brassard next year and STL is looking for quality Cs. Edmundson will strengthen our defense.

Love Edmundson and think he's pretty underrated... but I think we'd have to find a way to expand this and get Sobotka... otherwise we're back looking for a quality center.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
As others have said, Edmundson is likely not available for anyone the Penguins would be willing to part with. He is a borderline top pairing defenseman, somewhere between a high end #3 and low end #2 right now...and he's only 25 and still a RFA. Plays big 5v5 numbers against top lines, one of our best PK guys, very solid in his own zone, very good skater for his size, decent moving the puck, strong shot and sneaky good offensive instincts, etc etc etc.

He is still underrated IMO, but for a while there Edmundson was criminally underrated (even by Blues fans).

Blues could retain a bit on either Bouwmeester of Gunnarsson if they interest the pens at all. Some Blues fans will disagree, but I think Bouwmeester can still be a legit top 4 guy if he can stay healthy next year. Prospects like Walman or Schmaltz could be available as well. FWIW, I've thought Schmaltz would be an excellent fit in Pittsburgh for a while now.

Love Edmundson and think he's pretty underrated... but I think we'd have to find a way to expand this and get Sobotka... otherwise we're back looking for a quality center.
Sobotka + Schmaltz for Brassard + conditional pick (condition = re-signing in St. Louis)?

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Hmm … I see interest in Walman and Sobotka. What could that tandem bring in a trade, I wonder?

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Sobotka+Bouwmeester(1.5 million retained) for Hagelin+2019 1st? (Conditional pick coming from the Blues based on Bouwmeester's health)

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Not really interested in that package for Rust. The value is probably there but idk. What about Rust for Fabbri? Maybe an add from the Pens side?

It would kill us to sell low on Fabbri and then have him return to form. I think we could handle it much much better if he just never returns to form

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->