Pittsburgh Sports Media Gibberish - Part XI (Rossi likes The Godfather Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes C Addle

Bernard Shakey
Jul 4, 2007
Allentown, Pa
From DK's post game wrap. Apparently Don Koharski is the supervising official of this series.

http://dkonpittsburghsports.com/2015/04/20/column-stripes-have-penguins-seeing-stars/

In the press box, an employee of the Penguins asked Koharski, who was observing from the press box, his impression of the hook on Lapierre.

There was nothing awry, according to Koharski, because Boyle had only one hand on his stick.

I kid you not. Good luck finding anything about the number of hands required for hooking in Rule 56.

Justifiably incredulous, the employee further asked how Lundqvist couldn’t have been called for unsportsmanlike conduct for diving for these trademark theatrics.

Koharski’s response was that “Crosby ran him.â€

This guy, my friends, is in charge of actual things for an actual sports league.

tinkezione

Butcher's Dog
Jul 22, 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus

Cap management, yes. Altercation with Rossi, yes. However, he did a massive job of filling the hole that Shero dug over the years and addressed many missing pieces on that front. Not even the Despres trade can remove value from those. A Cup run saving GMJR's position sounds unfair as he didn't have even near Cup-worthy roster to start working with.

Looks like Lemieux's terms for still sticking with the team is that the next GM is his buddy and even though Burkle might have wanted out of this debacle already years ago, Lemieux has persuaded Burkle to hang in there. Or something like that.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
and the Country Club atmosphere continues if this is true.

I know everyone hates JR after the Despres trade, but like others have said....I don't think that was his decision. I think they forced him to trade SD.

There'a been a lot of accusations/rumors Dopey Guerin was behind the Depres trade.

I don't don't believe Rutherford wanted to dump 47 for a bag a pucks, it was mos def the Seven Dwarves that pulled that trigger, so I don't have any hate towards Rutherford.

Mishandling of the cap down the stretch, and his clear lack of authority within the organization on the other hand require his termination promptly IMO.

I fear the Pens want him gone simply because he speaks his mind in public. The most awesome outcome would be if after he gets canned JR outs that ducking idiot Smiley Morehouse.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
So if JR is gone, especially being asked to resign to save the Pens PR bacon, what are the chances he lifts the veil a bit and publicly acknowledges the cluster-frig we all know goes on back there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->