Pittsburgh Sports Media Gibberish - Part X (Rossi explains it all)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
You get the vibe MJ doesn't exactly command respect in the locker room.

Pens seem to tune him out like he is some sort of substitute teacher.

It's understandable though - this guy has almost 0 experience at the NHL level and he's trying to coach the best players in the world? Seems like a reach

I actually think it sounds like the complete opposite.

Everyone on the roster seems to be trying to give Johnston what he is asking for. Now to what capacity the players can execute his plans (either because of skill or fatigue or age) and how well those plans fit in the NHL are debatable.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Me too, but I think we had pretty unrealistic expectations for Tocchet. There was a reason he'd been tweeting about games from his living room couch for years. We're seeing that. :laugh:

If he would just do the damn things he tweeted about it would be so much better :laugh:

But really, he's been a huge disappointment. I'm not seeing the tough ass side, and the power play is obviously not going as planned.

this Dejan thing makes no sense, because:

HE WAS THE ONE WHO ORIGINALLY REPORTED THAT THE COACHES WERE FED UP WITH KUNITZ, AND WHEN THE IRON DEFICIENCY THING CAME OUT, HE SAID, NOPE, COACHES STILL HATE HIM

Now Johnston is isolating himself in his support for Kunitz?

DK is a joke.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
If we can get Babcock or even Tippet, then yeah I'd fire MJ. If neither of those two are available and seriously interested, then I'd keep him. we had a ton of roster turnover and a coaching change. At some point you need some continuity, especially because I want more roster turnover next year (bye Kunitz, Sutter, Adams, Scuderi from the "core"). I'm not sold on MJ, but I haven't seen enough to blame their lack of success on him and I do think they can win with his approach to the game with the right roster.

I agree with this.

If they light it up in the playoffs everyone will forget about a few meaningless losses. You can say look how they are playing, but they played great and still sucked in the playoffs so it can go either way.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Do you honestly believe with the way the team has looked for a month, and with the way it's presently constructed, that we're gonna "light it up" in the playoffs?

****, I'd be shocked if we made it past the Isles. Absolutely shocked.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Do you honestly believe with the way the team has looked for a month, and with the way it's presently constructed, that we're gonna "light it up" in the playoffs?

Honestly, I don't think it matters. Playoffs are a different beast. Would I have thought the pens would look so ****** in so many playoffs after owning the end of the regular season no....

Despite that they are without their 2nd and 3rd best offensive players right now; have looked pretty damn good against top western conference teams. Who knows maybe they get the wildcard... thats the best option. Infact sucking for the rest of the regular season gives them a better chance in the playoffs in my opinion.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

No I don't. I think they will likely lose to the Isles 4-2 unless Geno and Hornqvist come back and the team gets hot in the last few games. Confidence is a big thing heading into the playoffs and the Isles are also struggling at the moment. Right now they look like ****, but if they get hot a few games before the playoffs, they can go on a run. That said, it would take a damn near miracle to beat the Rangers.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Sid and Geno give them a punchers chance against anyone. If one or both get hot and Fleury doesn't meltdown they could beat any team in one series. I just don't see the depth and consistency throughout their lineup for them to win the Cup or even win multiple series.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see them play great in one round and look like ass and get beat in 5 or even swept in the next round. They are just kind of Jekyll and Hyde that way.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
No I don't. I think they will likely lose to the Isles 4-2 unless Geno and Hornqvist come back and the team gets hot in the last few games. Confidence is a big thing heading into the playoffs and the Isles are also struggling at the moment. Right now they look like ****, but if they get hot a few games before the playoffs, they can go on a run. That said, it would take a damn near miracle to beat the Rangers.

The only saving grace is that the Isles have looked bad lately as well. But, that doesn't change the fact that the Isles always step it up against us. There's some kind of chip on their shoulder when it comes to playing this team, and it shows.

I don't know. Just have to wait and see, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad