GDT: Pittsburgh Penguins vs Montreal Canadiens, 7:00PM (RDS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
It's really bad for the Quebec market that the Habs are so good right now. Quebec going to have a hard time making fans.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
On what ****ing planet does Desharnais deserve a star ahead of Eller? Why because he got an assist on an empty netter lmao? Eller has more PP goals in one game than DD had all of last season. It's truly sickening to see people being fooled. The only thing that's amazing is after years of being buried in the Dzone our 3rd line is getting reps in the Ozone and everybody thinks they're amazing. What a joke.

What happened to Desharnais moving to the wing? Therrien is going to protect his golden boy at the expense of the team and that's all that matters.

Unfortunately when naming the 3 stars for a game this pre-season they don't go back to last season and count goals first.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
There wasn't much surprise to be honest. If you go back to his rookie year when he centered Prust and Gallagher, people were already discussing how his defensive game is actually pretty good.
This idea that he was some kind of liability and weak down low is pure garbage. It was an excuse from management to give to the media and people ate it up.

A couple of preseason games certainly puts those concerns to rest :sarcasm:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
What happened to Desharnais moving to the wing? Therrien is going to protect his golden boy at the expense of the team and that's all that matters.

Apparently, it was not in the plan. Well, it was last season, but it wasn't for this season.

And I don't really like this.

On the other hand, it's odd. You say MT's gonna protect Desharnais. If anything, he exposes him by playing him at Center, and he'd be protected if he'd play wing. Hell, he'd be in serious contention to start the year on the 1st line if he was a winger instead (in that scenario, Eller is obviously a Center).

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Desharnais: 14 goals in 2015 over 82 games playing on the top line in a sheltered role with lots of PP time
Eller: 15 goals in 2015 over 77 games playing with scrubs in a defensive role with no PP time.

Please tell us more about how Davey is better offensively than Eller.

Sheltered??...you mean against other teams best D pairing??

I want DD gone from this team as much as most people here, but enough with the constant whining and exaggerating.

Plus, don't expect DD to get top minutes moving forward, that belongs to Plekanec and Galchenyuk now

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
On the other hand, it's odd. You say MT's gonna protect Desharnais. If anything, he exposes him by playing him at Center, and he'd be protected if he'd play wing. Hell, he'd be in serious contention to start the year on the 1st line if he was a winger instead (in that scenario, Eller is obviously a Center).

I don't know how anyone could find this odd.
Exposed to what? Benching or demotion for his defensive mistakes? When have we ever seen this from Therrien.
In fact if pre-season is any indication, Therrien is doing everything to protect him, again. He made sure DD keeps his preferred position, had his line start the periods, the powerplays and gave them more ice time than other lines.

But I agree they're exposing themselves down the middle with DD at center. Not to the same extent as last year, but still enough to be a concern down the line.

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
In fact if pre-season is any indication, Therrien is doing everything to protect him, again. He made sure DD keeps his preferred position, had his line start the periods, the powerplays and gave them more ice time than other lines.

But I agree they're exposing themselves down the middle with DD at center. Not to the same extent as last year, but still enough to be a concern down the line.

I'm pretty certain MT wasn't alone in deciding Eller at 2LW and DD at 3C was better than DD at 2LW and Eller at 3C.

(I disagree with that assessement, but a head coach usually has the agreement of many people before moving a guy. At least I hope so, because otherwise there are a lot of people employed for no reason in that front office).

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If DD shows up on the PP, it is T loving him too much. We got way, way too much talent on the team for him to play on a PP, even on the wings.

He will play on the PP. Mostly because having him at C might mean too much minutes for Plekanec due to increased DZS. Not that I have a problem with DD on the PP -- I just have a problem with DD getting regular PP duties.

ANOTHER reason why I'd prefer DD on wing and Eller at C.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I'm pretty certain MT wasn't alone in deciding Eller at 2LW and DD at 3C was better than DD at 2LW and Eller at 3C.

(I disagree with that assessement, but a head coach usually has the agreement of many people before moving a guy. At least I hope so, because otherwise there are a lot of people employed for no reason in that front office).

DD should be neither of those if they're serious about contending. It should be 3rd line wing or nothing.

If the plan is for them to stick with Eller the entire season at 2LW then that's on them to find a suitable 3C. If Eller goes back to 3C, then there's an obvious hole at 2LW. And DD is not the answer.

Last edited:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Exposed to what? Benching or demotion for his defensive mistakes? When have we ever seen this from Therrien.

DD's line played against Ovechkin's line when we faced Caps. You call this protection?

If he's that bad defensively as some claim they should've get hammered but they did good.

His line was the most effective in the preseason IMO. Where's the problem in Therrrien's making them start periods or PP? They had to evaluate Flash in diff positions also.
It's preseason anyway , i'm sure he will just go with the hottest line in that particular game.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
Why do reporters keep asking players about the crowd and "ambiance" and stuffs? What do you want the players to say? It's a boring building?

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
Desharnais: 14 goals in 2015 over 82 games playing on the top line in a sheltered role with lots of PP time
Eller: 15 goals in 2015 over 77 games playing with scrubs in a defensive role with no PP time.

Please tell us more about how Davey is better offensively than Eller.

Plekanec had 20 goals, Niklas Backstrom had 18. Now do you see why your comment was dumb?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Why do reporters keep asking players about the crowd and "ambiance" and stuffs? What do you want the players to say? It's a boring building?

The local reporters covering the Habs are the dumbest in the business. There really is no other way to put it. Might have an exception or two, but most of them, wow, terrible. I think my favorite question is when someone asked Pacioretty if he would have accepted the ''C'' if management decided instead of players. Just to be clear, this was a serious question, not a joke.

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I can think of maybe 2-3 posters that are unhappy when DD scores, and a big reason why is because you have the other side clamoring things like ''another 2 pt night for DD'' as some type of argument as to why he's great. As you said ''circle****''. Notice the word ''circle'' in there? It goes both ways.
Some people hate on DD way too much, some defend him way too much too.

Most people wanted DD drop to 3rd line. That's great. Now, if that third line is going to be starting the periods, the PPs, and get more ES ice time than others, then you can expect to still hear some criticism.
If he gets the role he should be in, so, limited ice and opportunities, clearly behind the two other lines. Then it will be fine, so long as he contributes accordingly.

If he plays like he has thus far, then it will be great for the team.

Fair

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I can think of maybe 2-3 posters that are unhappy when DD scores, and a big reason why is because you have the other side clamoring things like ''another 2 pt night for DD'' as some type of argument as to why he's great. As you said ''circle****''. Notice the word ''circle'' in there? It goes both ways.
Some people hate on DD way too much, some defend him way too much too.

Most people wanted DD drop to 3rd line. That's great. Now, if that third line is going to be starting the periods, the PPs, and get more ES ice time than others, then you can expect to still hear some criticism.
If he gets the role he should be in, so, limited ice and opportunities, clearly behind the two other lines. Then it will be fine, so long as he contributes accordingly.

If he plays like he has thus far, then it will be great for the team.

This could'nt of been said any better. and i'm probably one of the 2-3 posters lol.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
So far DD hasn't even been used as the third line despite being written as such. I can understand for pre-season that is fine because Fleischmann has been auditioning for a contract. If it continues into the regular season where DD is still getting regular PP time despite not producing there for four ****ing years you can bet the anti-Therrien bandwagon will start up again.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
So far DD hasn't even been used as the third line despite being written as such. I can understand for pre-season that is fine because Fleischmann has been auditioning for a contract. If it continues into the regular season where DD is still getting regular PP time despite not producing there for four ****ing years you can bet the anti-Therrien bandwagon will start up again.
Except that's ********. DD lead our team in PP points a few years back.

DD has a better production rate than Gallagher and Pacioretty on the PP in his career. Should they not be on the PP?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

DD has a better production rate than Gallagher and Pacioretty on the PP in his career. Should they not be on the PP?

Agree! The things you read here... It's like DD is the main reason our PP sucks . It's not the coaching , the strategies used , it's DD . As if we took DD of the PP we would be instantly at 25% PP. As he is out there for the whole time on every opportunity. As if when he's not out there , we're just killing it.

Let's face it ,this PP problem is way deeper and it's not called DD.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Last 3 years Pacioretty has more than DD and he actually scores goals not just 2nd assists. Plekanec always has among the most PP points on the team every year, he should be ahead of DD. Galchenyuk is the team's only hope for a #1C...sure as hell should be on PP.

Personally, I'd alternate based on situation/team but the Habs PP isn't exactly adaptive so that's doubtful/unrealistic. Hoping for:

Eller/Kassian - Galchenyuk - Semin
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Fleischmann/Gallagher/Desharnais

Knowing MT, Kassian/Fleischmann won't see any PP time and Plekanec will be on the 3rd PP unit. Eller will be off the PP the moment he's dropped from the Galchenyuk - Semin line (which will be pretty quick based on history of demoting Eller)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad