GDT: Pittsburgh Penguins v Nashville Predators | 15/11/13 @ 7:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
iirc, and I'm not on the tv where I can rewind, but earlier on the shift where the goal was scored, Geno had the puck on his stick and was a couple of strides from clearing the zone and decided to surprise Maatta with a drop pass. Maatta didn't handle it well and what happened afterwards is on him too, but Malkin is making a ton of money and he needs to start doing some tangibly good things.

If someone goes back to the play and confirm this, I wouldn't be surprised to see I'm wrong, but that's what I thought I saw in real time during the goal.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Twice now the left winger has got the puck along the boards at the blue line, had a year of time and then just flicked it off the boards to the Preds for no reason at all. What the hell?

penguins2946*

Yay Orpik, just had a tape to tape pass to Fisher in our slot. Beautiful.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
It's still November, right?

Will one of the "calm, rational, reasonable, logical" people tell me when it's okay to worry about a team that can't get the puck, can't get the puck away from one of the worst offensive teams in the league, and can't put any shots on a goalie?

I mean, it only happens in majority of the game, but I know the calendar dictates when we can and cannot say it's a pattern and a concern.

April.

Yohsee.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
now I know: Steigy just told us that preds came here to play. Good for them. As oppose you moron what? Not to play?

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Nashville is a traditionally terrible possession team, even when they're good. It's bad if you can't cycle on them.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
iirc, and I'm not on the tv where I can rewind, but on the earlier on the shift where the goal was scored, Geno had the puck on his stick and a couple of strides from clearing the zone and decided to surprise Maatta with a drop pass. Maatta didn't handle it well and what happened afterwards on him too, but Malkin is making a ton of money and he needs to start doing some tangibly good things.

If someone goes back to the play and confirm this, I wouldn't be surprised to see I'm wrong, but that's what I thought I saw in real time during the goal.

so you blame Geno that his teamate cannot make a simple play:shakehead

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Twice now the left winger has got the puck along the boards at the blue line, had a year of time and then just flicked it off the boards to the Preds for no reason at all. What the hell?

I've noticed this too. Very little pressure... room to either skate or make a pass... blind chip up the boards. Huh?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
funny how every team "comes to play" and has "live legs" and makes "great reads in the middle of the ice" despite being in the midst of a 30-game goalless, winless, hapless streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->