Series Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins take on the Philadelphia Flyers in Round 1 (Pens win series 4-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
And speaking of Mur. I cannot believe the idiotic posts last night as I was catching up. Murray has been amazing. Sure.. goal 2 was partially his fault but look around the playoffs - Rinne, Rask, Holtby, Bob, you name it. All of them have given up at least 1 like that if not way more.

Where is this idea that goalies are infallible? Give me a break with that bull****. Now he if's doing it on a consistent basis, then we are worried. But come on.
that goal was a comedy of errors, just like the entire game...We had them where we wanted them. We had a monster second, dominated scored twice, and then you got 4 on 3 without a shot (that should have closed the game), then you have that shortie that happens once in a million years, because Phil f.... that pass but not like they had a clean breakout, it was a slow developing 1:2 and if the Flyers were not desperate they would probably just chip it...so he decides to give it a shot, lame shot, half a.. save and then our star d-man decides to just look around without any attempt to block the guy out, or go after the puck or anything.....
and then you got 90 seconds to go lame a.. wrister from the blue line by a one legged skater somehow makes its way through....

Pens are so much better team they played better in 5 out of 5 games, however, and I wrote about his ad nauseum in the pregame post, there is something about cosmic balance and lucky bounces when it comes to hockey games....I just had a strong feeling with all that posturing all day long before the game from PGH fans and media that something like this would happen..

Reactions: ColePens

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
And speaking of Mur. I cannot believe the idiotic posts last night as I was catching up. Murray has been amazing. Sure.. goal 2 was partially his fault but look around the playoffs - Rinne, Rask, Holtby, Bob, you name it. All of them have given up at least 1 like that if not way more.

Where is this idea that goalies are infallible? Give me a break with that bull****. Now he if's doing it on a consistent basis, then we are worried. But come on.

You can't believe the hot takes? Is this your first time reading a PGT? :sarcasm:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
You can't believe the hot takes? Is this your first time reading a PGT? :sarcasm:
10-15 years here.. so I guess I shouldn't be shocked. I probably have 5 years of lurking and 10 years of posting. Almost 80k posts (idiot). So I guess i'm not shocked.

But as page after page went by, I was shocked at the speed of the hate being a Friday night. Usually it is much slower. If we WIN the series, that thread is 5-7 pages max.

Bryan Rust

Bryan Rust is my waifu
Mar 3, 2018
I have a bad feeling this will be the end of the Pens' run. They will have a Cup drought that will be known as the "Cole Curse".

check my dubs

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
For all the people that were hesitant on signing horny to his extension, look at how shit the team looks without that borderline psycho in the line up.

Thank god he’s ready to be back next game.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Skim just to make sure nothing needs deleted.

giphy.gif

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Game 6 comes down to a two things for me; Hornqvist's ability to play and be effective, and our power play.

That's really just it. If our power play is trash again, we're in trouble. If we can produce on the power play, we've got a great chance. Hornqvist plays a huge role in whether it's one or the other.

Treent1

Jun 5, 2017
Malkin isn't very good when he plays hurt. If he isn't close to 100% I would sit him. Pens can easily win this series without him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->