Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Where we talk about Jussi Jokinen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Pens need to be all over a Preds firesale. In particular Forsberg, if he's available.

Forsberg-Malkin-Kapanen....Forsberg manning the left wall on the PP...oh yeah.
Mate, the only way we could get Forsberg is if we dump them Guentzel.

The only player I think we could realistically get are blokes like Cousins who serves a very good purpose on this team without hacking away more assets that this team can't afford to give up with a coach that might waste another year and we'll need those assets because it could also be another wasted core window year.

Cousins, at best, might cost us Lafferty or Jank and save the Preds $$.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

The only player I think we could realistically get are blokes like Cousins who serves a very good purpose on this team without hacking away more assets that this team can't afford to give up with a coach that might waste another year and we'll need those assets because it could also be another wasted core window year.

Cousins or Richardson would be solid moves for us.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

I don't think that's necessarily the case.

We have Zucker, Poulin, a 2022 1st...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Cousins or Richardson would be solid moves for us.
I like Cousins more so because of his age and has that extra year, he's a player that plays a very specific role well and has for several teams while being young enough to also be an asset in that role for more than just 1yr. I like that aspect, but if he's not available, Brad Richardson (when/if healthy again) wouldn't be a bad second option.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't think that's necessarily the case.

We have Zucker, Poulin, a 2022 1st...
Yeah I wouldn't make that move for 1.5yrs of Forsberg.

That's just not a move you make considering the way this team has been playing as a whole and especially the last 3yrs. It's just not a team you would want to spend those types of assets knowing the other problems. It also doesn't fix the 4th line and the top 6 is actually fine, it's just where the players are playing on the lines that's the issue, we've seen a swap already and it looks like the coach is slowly figuring out the right combinations in the top 9.

Also, lol, would you f***ing take that for Forsberg? You'd get laughed off the phone.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I like Cousins more so because of his age and has that extra year, he's a player that plays a very specific role well and has for several teams while being young enough to also be an asset in that role for more than just 1yr. I like that aspect, but if he's not available, Brad Richardson (when/if healthy again) wouldn't be a bad second option.

Yeah, I wanted Cousins this off season.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
The type of top 6 addition we could really use is on a Guentzel level. Ask yourself what would you trade Guentzel for and then ask yourself do we have the assets.

We’re probably best off making moves to acquire better fits and accumulating futures to restock the cupboard. If a Kessel style deal falls into our lap or Burke can lure a free agent here, pounce.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, I wanted Cousins this off season.
He stood out a lot to me vs the Habs and when he was with the Flyers, I always found myself saying "What a dick" when he would pester the Pens players.

Has that Maxim Lapierre-ness to him that I just get a kick out of getting on this team.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The type of top 6 addition we could really use is on a Guentzel level. Ask yourself what would you trade Guentzel for and then ask yourself do we have the assets.

We’re probably best off making moves to acquire better fits and accumulating futures to restock the cupboard. If a Kessel style deal falls into our lap or Burke can lure a free agent here, pounce.
I'd first settle for a swap and give that some time before we really see this team move away assets and see the same issues remain.

Zucker-Crosby-Kapanen
Guentzel-Malkin-Rust

That needs to be tried for a few games first, this season.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Yeah I wouldn't make that move for 1.5yrs of Forsberg.

That's just not a move you make considering the way this team has been playing as a whole and especially the last 3yrs. It's just not a team you would want to spend those types of assets knowing the other problems. It also doesn't fix the 4th line and the top 6 is actually fine, it's just where the players are playing on the lines that's the issue, we've seen a swap already and it looks like the coach is slowly figuring out the right combinations in the top 9.

Also, lol, would you f***ing take that for Forsberg? You'd get laughed off the phone.

So...you wouldn't give it up for Forsberg, but it's also a huge underpayment?

I don't think the top 6 is fine at all. And I think any deal that makes us a lot better over the next two years needs careful consideration.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
When on Earth did I say Archibald is an upgrade?

Read my post again. I'm saying we should've kept Archibald. I said Tanev is the better player, but to say they aren't comparable is laughable. I'm not even into advanced stats and their analytics are comparable. He's half as much annually and signed for one more season versus four more seasons. That's just a bad contract. Not a bad player, just a bad contract. If Tanev loses his speed, it's over for him.

You can have your opinion of Archibald but he is nothing close to Tanev and no better than Rodriguez. Nothing I care about losing.

Reactions: ncm7772

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I'd first settle for a swap and give that some time before we really see this team move away assets and see the same issues remain.

Zucker-Crosby-Kapanen
Guentzel-Malkin-Rust

That needs to be tried for a few games first, this season.

Also. Move Zucker to PP1 in Jake’s place and give Kapanen PKing time.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Zucker was supposed to be the better fit. Which 'Top 6 forward' do you think would be a better fit, and why wouldn't we have the same issues with him that we do with Zucker?
zuc has played well with sid. jake has looked great with geno. sid did great playing with a good 3rd line wing that could skate fast and had a good shot=kappy seems to fit that type of player. and rust has played well with geno:dunno: give it a try.

Reactions: Ignatius

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
If nobody gives a shit enough to backcheck or hustle at ES, they're sure as hell not battling for pucks along the boards or sacrificing their body to block shots on the PK.

Reactions: ncm7772

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
If nobody gives a shit enough to backcheck or hustle at ES, they're sure as hell not battling for pucks along the boards or sacrificing their body to block shots on the PK.

This post is so off base I don't even know how you can be watching the same games. This team does not lack for effort or resilience.

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
Cousins has been playing LW the last 2 or 3 years. He faceoff skills are pretty bad. I would prefer he play LW. A much better position for him as a pro. He did play center for both the Flyers and Yotes (I think). If you want to lose a faceoff in the defensive zone, he's your guy. We might be better going with McCan at center and Cousins at LW.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Cousins has been playing LW the last 2 or 3 years. He faceoff skills are pretty bad. I would prefer he play LW. A much better position for him as a pro. He did play center for both the Flyers and Yotes (I think). If you want to lose a faceoff in the defensive zone, he's your guy. We might be better going with McCan at center and Cousins at LW.

He played 4th line C for Vegas last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad