Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Where we talk about former posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens will see what they have but no question Hextall and Burke have to add some size and grit. surplus of D men will give them options to move on for a LW who meet the above criteria.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
That's fair and I agree. That's why if we make a big trade, I'd rather it be 1:1. Like Zucker for Mantha or something. Something where it doesn't change the ED protection schedule. A dman for a forward indeed does that, but I think I've been weighing doing that then sending Zucker out for some bottom 6 help. Ideally for an exempt young center or a UFA and draft pick.

That could work pretty nice if things bounced well, yeah. Or if Zucker wasn't injured.

I think my favoured option, if swingable, is Dman for some assets and a rental forward. Might have to be a three way trade.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
That's fair and I agree. That's why if we make a big trade, I'd rather it be 1:1. Like Zucker for Mantha or something. Something where it doesn't change the ED protection schedule. A dman for a forward indeed does that, but I think I've been weighing doing that then sending Zucker out for some bottom 6 help. Ideally for an exempt young center or a UFA and draft pick.

PLD had issues, Laine is having issues, Domi is having issues. About the only thing consistent is the team...and the coach.

I know why Domi is not in the top 9 and it has nothing to do with his play.

That would be the ideal situation yes. Whether or not that is Domi, who knows. But a Domi or Drouin level player would be great to have at the moment at the cost of a dman we can afford to move.

I imagine they look to get CDS a game at some point but I think Jarry is finally coming out of his funk and I think they will continue to nurture that.

Blaming Torts is a lazy argument. Laine is on the top line, he’s not in the dog house.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
I don't like any lineup with ERod in it.

Here's the thing about that guy- he only got a chance because of the chemistry he developed with Jack Eichel at Boston University.

He's a part of a failed experiment Buffalo's senior management. After landing Jack Eichel, they tried to surround him with the players he had the most chemistry with in college. Both ERod and Cason Hohmann went undrafted, so grabbing them was easy. Then they acquired Danny O'Ragan from San Jose in the Evander Kane deal. The experiment only worked with ERod, and it was only to a small extent for a brief period of time. Overall, it just didn't work, and none of ERod, Hohmann, or O'Regan belong in the NHL.
Not saying you’re wrong, but
ERod > Scevior and Jank

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Not saying you’re wrong, but
ERod > Scevior and Jank
I don't mind Sceviour and think we can use him better to send a message to Jankowski that he has been sucking hard and for a long time. It'll hurt Sullivan to scratch his boy but Sceviour can play C and I'd give that a try for a game to get Jank out for an entire game.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDo

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
It does not, the second one I mean.

But Domi for Dumoulin I'd be down for.
I would as well. Not sure why people don't like Domi. Dumo's best days are behind him. We got enough quality at LD to withstand Dumo's departure. Domi adds quality depth upfront. And is younger and can still improve.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I would as well. Not sure why people don't like Domi. Dumo's best days are behind him. We got enough quality at LD to withstand Dumo's departure. Domi adds quality depth upfront. And is younger and can still improve.

I think the biggest risk with Domi for Dumo isn't really quality of return, it's whether Domi is going to add more turbulence to a locker room than he's worth.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think the biggest risk with Domi for Dumo isn't really quality of return, it's whether Domi is going to add more turbulence to a locker room than he's worth.
I don't know. Maybe those things are overstated a bit. But at least with the Jackets many players have issues there. PLD, Foligno even Laine got benched after only a couple games. I'm not so sure it's the players.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I think ideally, you’d trade a D for a young C with top 6 upside, tbh. Hopefully the could play LW if they need it but I think the centre part is important. No to Domi either way.
We have three solid centers right now, but only 3 good wingers with Zucker out. McCann, Blueger, Geno, and Sid are a nice group of centers.

Look at our wingers - that’s where you have to upgrade if you are remotely interested in competing this season.

Jake and Rust are really good, KK is a third line winger, and the rest are fourth line/press box guys. Tanev is probably a fringe third liner.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I don't know. Maybe those things are overstated a bit. But at least with the Jackets many players have issues there. PLD, Foligno even Laine got benched after only a couple games. I'm not so sure it's the players.

That's fair, I'm just saying, if there's already turmoil in the locker room I'm not sure Domi's going to be a good add. That said, it's all conjecture anyhow. :laugh:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
That's fair, I'm just saying, if there's already turmoil in the locker room I'm not sure Domi's going to be a good add. That said, it's all conjecture anyhow. :laugh:
Mario knows Max's family. I believe they're pretty close. So, if there's a character issue there or any issue for that matter I'm sure it would be known, or if not be heavily vetted. But as far as what we might be looking for I think Domi would be a nice addition.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Blaming Torts is a lazy argument. Laine is on the top line, he’s not in the dog house.
Tortz has had many problems with many players. He's an assclown of the highest order. You've heard him in interviews, you've seen his player usage haven't you? I think it's a very fair variable to consider.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Tortz has had many problems with many players. He's an assclown of the highest order. You've heard him in interviews, you've seen his player usage haven't you? I think it's a very fair variable to consider.

Laine got benched early on, but turned out it wasn’t because of his effort:

Patrik Laine benched after reported verbal dispute with assistant coach

Laine has been a PPG player for Columbus. Roslovic has been great for them too. Torts doesn’t get along with everyone, clearly, but he always gets the most out of his team.

Domi is shipped off to a new city every two years, why does he have such a tough time sticking around?

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013

Laine has been a PPG player for Columbus. Roslovic has been great for them too. Torts doesn’t get along with everyone, clearly, but he always gets the most out of his team.

Domi is shipped off to a new city every two years, why does he have such a tough time sticking around?

But Tie and Mario are friends dammit!

Something, something, country club!

Reactions: That1Kid

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

Maybe he's the type of player that isn't a good fit for a team. Kinda like McCann here. It's about fit and in what a particular team needs. IMO A guy like Domi would fit here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad