Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Where we talk about former posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I wouldn't mind Petts/Dumo for Domi swap. Then when fully healthy run

Jake Sid Zucker
Domi Malkin Rust
Tanev Blueger Kappy
ZAR McCann Lafferty

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
I think I like Dumo for Domi. Domi can play wing or C. He’s fast. Although he is a jerk—I’m remembering that time he punched a not game to fight Ekblad.

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
I'd like to See:

Dumo for Domi
McCann for Lowry,2nd
2nd for Bennett

Domi - Crosby - Rust
Guentzel - Malkin - Kap
Lowry - Tb - Zar
Bennett - ERod - Tanev

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Crosby
Malkin
Jake
Kappy
Rust
Bleuger
?

Who are we protecting over Zucker?

Today? Nobody.

If in his absence McCann or ZAR (lol) nails down a LW spot with Geno, or we trade for a guy with terms who takes off there - then that guy.

Reactions: Gurglesons

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I'd like to See:

Dumo for Domi
McCann for Lowry,2nd
2nd for Bennett

Domi - Crosby - Rust
Guentzel - Malkin - Kap
Lowry - Tb - Zar
Bennett - ERod - Tanev

I like where your head is at but that means Bennett and Lowry are exposed for the ED.

I'm thinking that that 1:1 swaps are the better route.

Reactions: The Old Master

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'm not feeling Domi. If he's gonna play W, he's gonna exasperate the Cs by hogging the centre of the ice. Maybe it'll work but it feels a little high risk to me. If he's gonna play C, he's not needed.

I like where your head is at but that means Bennett and Lowry are exposed for the ED.

I'm thinking that that 1:1 swaps are the better route.

Way I see it - if we bring in a player who's Tanev level or worse for a fair price, I don't mind losing them in the expansion draft, as you're basically paying that price for a rental and protecting Tanev, which is fine by me.

I start complaining about the ED if we're getting a guy at Zucker's quality for a fair price.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
I don't like any lineup with ERod in it.

Here's the thing about that guy- he only got a chance because of the chemistry he developed with Jack Eichel at Boston University.

He's a part of a failed experiment Buffalo's senior management. After landing Jack Eichel, they tried to surround him with the players he had the most chemistry with in college. Both ERod and Cason Hohmann went undrafted, so grabbing them was easy. Then they acquired Danny O'Ragan from San Jose in the Evander Kane deal. The experiment only worked with ERod, and it was only to a small extent for a brief period of time. Overall, it just didn't work, and none of ERod, Hohmann, or O'Regan belong in the NHL.

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
I'd like to See:

Dumo for Domi
McCann for Lowry,2nd
2nd for Bennett

Domi - Crosby - Rust
Guentzel - Malkin - Kap
Lowry - Tb - Zar
Bennett - ERod - Tanev

There is no way McCann pulls Lowry and a 2nd. McCann is way overvalued here. Bennett for a 2nd is fair but somehow I don't think the Flames bite on that.

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
If we deal one of Dumo/MP, what does that do to our protected list for the draft? Marino and POJ are exempt IIRC.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
If we deal one of Dumo/MP, what does that do to our protected list for the draft? Marino and POJ are exempt IIRC.

Isnt it 8F and 2D or 7F and 3D?

So Letang/MP or Dumo plus 8F. Seattle wont waste their pick and grab Matheson so take the extra forward.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think we have a clear hole at 2LW. I have a hard time seeing us as a cup contender with ZAR flanking Geno but I could be wrong.

I think we have a gluttony of dmen, several of which can replace Dumoulin relatively well.

We can argue if Domi is the right swap or not but I think that's a smaller convo inside the "do we need a 2LW" to which I say yes.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I don't like any lineup with ERod in it.

Here's the thing about that guy- he only got a chance because of the chemistry he developed with Jack Eichel at Boston University.

He's a part of a failed experiment Buffalo's senior management. After landing Jack Eichel, they tried to surround him with the players he had the most chemistry with in college. Both ERod and Cason Hohmann went undrafted, so grabbing them was easy. Then they acquired Danny O'Ragan from San Jose in the Evander Kane deal. The experiment only worked with ERod, and it was only to a small extent for a brief period of time. Overall, it just didn't work, and none of ERod, Hohmann, or O'Regan belong in the NHL.
They say he’s really good analytically.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I think we have a clear hole at 2LW. I have a hard time seeing us as a cup contender with ZAR flanking Geno but I could be wrong.

I think we have a gluttony of dmen, several of which can replace Dumoulin relatively well.

We can argue if Domi is the right swap or not but I think that's a smaller convo inside the "do we need a 2LW" to which I say yes.

Domi can’t even crack the top 9 in Columbus, so I have a hard time believing he would be a sufficient replacement to Zucker.

I agree trading a defenseman for a winger makes sense if Zucker is out for the year, just not for a guy like Domi.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I think ideally, you’d trade a D for a young C with top 6 upside, tbh. Hopefully the could play LW if they need it but I think the centre part is important. No to Domi either way.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
You guys think jarry and desmith split the back to back games this weekend?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I'm not feeling Domi. If he's gonna play W, he's gonna exasperate the Cs by hogging the centre of the ice. Maybe it'll work but it feels a little high risk to me. If he's gonna play C, he's not needed.

Way I see it - if we bring in a player who's Tanev level or worse for a fair price, I don't mind losing them in the expansion draft, as you're basically paying that price for a rental and protecting Tanev, which is fine by me.

I start complaining about the ED if we're getting a guy at Zucker's quality for a fair price.

That's fair and I agree. That's why if we make a big trade, I'd rather it be 1:1. Like Zucker for Mantha or something. Something where it doesn't change the ED protection schedule. A dman for a forward indeed does that, but I think I've been weighing doing that then sending Zucker out for some bottom 6 help. Ideally for an exempt young center or a UFA and draft pick.

Domi can’t even crack the top 9 in Columbus, so I have a hard time believing he would be a sufficient replacement to Zucker.

I agree trading a defenseman for a winger makes sense if Zucker is out for the year, just not for a guy like Domi.

PLD had issues, Laine is having issues, Domi is having issues. About the only thing consistent is the team...and the coach.

I know why Domi is not in the top 9 and it has nothing to do with his play.

I think ideally, you’d trade a D for a young C with top 6 upside, tbh. Hopefully the could play LW if they need it but I think the centre part is important. No to Domi either way.

That would be the ideal situation yes. Whether or not that is Domi, who knows. But a Domi or Drouin level player would be great to have at the moment at the cost of a dman we can afford to move.

You guys think jarry and desmith split the back to back games this weekend?

I imagine they look to get CDS a game at some point but I think Jarry is finally coming out of his funk and I think they will continue to nurture that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->