Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Where we talk about former posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRS87

Oct 7, 2020

McCann can try to prove himself next to Geno-Rust. Might help us in the long run if they work out really well because then we can run a Zucker-Bluegar-Tanev third line.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
And again, while scouting reports and videos are imperfect things, people are pretty unanimous in saying that he's got good mobility and an element of sandpaper in his game we don't have. I don't expect him to be anything more than, at most, a 3rd pairing RD if he pans out, but people pay through the nose for gritty d who can skate. Hell, people pay through the nose for gritty d who CAN'T skate. :laugh:

If he can clear some bodies in front of the net while not having any glaring deficiencies (excel being average) that’d be nice too

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

McCann can try to prove himself next to Geno-Rust. Might help us in the long run if they work out really well because then we can run a Zucker-Bluegar-Tanev third line.

that’s good news...if he had torn ACL or some other broken ankle with ligament damage then he’d be out for the remainder of the season, or they give a 4-6 months time line...sounds like he’s out 4-6 weeks

Reactions: Peat and DRAGO 18

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I think we see Zucker again next season.

Not in a Pens jersey though.

Edit: and I don't mean that to be anti-Zucker inherently, just there's going to be some movement especially with the expansion draft and I think "Zucker as a Pen next season" is at best a 50/50 proposition.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Not in a Pens jersey though.

Edit: and I don't mean that to be anti-Zucker inherently, just there's going to be some movement especially with the expansion draft and I think "Zucker as a Pen next season" is at best a 50/50 proposition.
I think he will be staying over being picked by Seattle.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I think he will be staying over being picked by Seattle.

As of now Teddy is for sure on the protected list. Next one down is either McCann, Zucker or ZAR. Given Zucker's salary I think there's a good chance he is unprotected.

Also if the Pens look externally to address Malkin's LW or even to get a LW/2C with the idea of moving Malkin to wing for his twilight years he'll find himself as the odd man out.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'd hesitate trying to get too much meaning out of Sullivan's "longer term".

It's so vague that it's meaningless.

he’s used it when talking about longer than one month injuries but if it’s significant like Dumo was last year and Jake, the team will usually put a timeline on it, like 4-6 months...

Dumo has been designated “longer term” this year for example and he’s been out since Jan 26 is back to skating in Pgh...think we’ll see something similar with Zucker...probably out a minimum of 6 weeks

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
if zuc is out the rest of the yr. why would Seattle take a chance on him. coming back from a injury? should be safer and better picks.

If we exposed Zucker he’d be taken. You think they’d take McCann, Tanev or Matheson over him?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Mainboards suggested a Dumo for Domi swap. Not opposed. Wonder if a Zucker for Domi swap helps us more?

Reactions: EightyOne

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I don't think Zucker's getting exposed but it could happen. He's not Hextall's guy like he was Rutherford's. Let's look at it - say he ends up outside the top six, someone comes and takes that spot with Malkin while he's out, here's the options

1) Trade. This is kind of the ideal one but the trade market prior to the last expansion draft was pretty crap because of Vegas ensuring no side deals among teams taking protection deals. Could well be the same.
2) Pay to protect or direct attention elsewhere. This is probably going to be pretty expensive unless we can direct them to a LD playing really well. Plenty of teams paid more to protect guys than they would have to replace them.
3) Take it on the chin. This is painful but it's 5.5m of cap cleared with nothing back, we wouldn't lose any actual top 6, we wouldn't lose a player we were really using and so on.

If Zucker's forced out the top 6 and the trade market's bare and the price Seattle wants is high, is 3 really off the table?

Reactions: HandshakeLine

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens have bodies on D and have to move someone. I prefer Petts be moved for a good forward but Hextall knows he needs help with Zucker out for an extended period and a contract has to be moved.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don't think Zucker's getting exposed but it could happen. He's not Hextall's guy like he was Rutherford's. Let's look at it - say he ends up outside the top six, someone comes and takes that spot with Malkin while he's out, here's the options

1) Trade. This is kind of the ideal one but the trade market prior to the last expansion draft was pretty crap because of Vegas ensuring no side deals among teams taking protection deals. Could well be the same.
2) Pay to protect or direct attention elsewhere. This is probably going to be pretty expensive unless we can direct them to a LD playing really well. Plenty of teams paid more to protect guys than they would have to replace them.
3) Take it on the chin. This is painful but it's 5.5m of cap cleared with nothing back, we wouldn't lose any actual top 6, we wouldn't lose a player we were really using and so on.

If Zucker's forced out the top 6 and the trade market's bare and the price Seattle wants is high, is 3 really off the table?

Crosby
Malkin
Jake
Kappy
Rust
Bleuger
?

Who are we protecting over Zucker?

Reactions: Malkinstheman

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Mainboards suggested a Dumo for Domi swap. Not opposed. Wonder if a Zucker for Domi swap helps us more?

Would you be bringing Domi in to play wing with Geno? Or to be a center? If we brought him in to play wing with Geno I could get behind the idea of adding him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad