Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Where we talk about former posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Geno looked engaged tonight. Hopefully he can build off tonight and go beast mode. Let's hope so.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
my point was the question was stupid. I was responding to someone who said I didn’t get it. I did and it was trash.

nah
You didnt get it.

the comparison is older star that is nearing a point where a decision has to be made on how much their past success writes their future near the end.

he used malkin because Malkin is:

Older
Closer to the end of his contract
Is at the point of diminishing returns when looking forward.

Your just butt hurt about a conspiracy theory you created in your own mind.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Gourde had those seasons at wing. Also, I’m confused what Gourde and McCann have to do with Cirelli and Bleuger.

You're under the impression that McCann is some sort of lock to be a quality 3rd line center, when the last time we had him there it was our worst line in the playoffs, in large part because McCann is not a puck distributor at all.

The truth is that if Blueger moves up to 2C, our entire bottom 6 looks as rickety as our 4th does right now.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You're under the impression that McCann is some sort of lock to be a quality 3rd line center, when the last time we had him there it was our worst line in the playoffs, in large part because McCann is not a puck distributor at all.

The truth is that if Blueger moves up to 2C, our entire bottom 6 looks as rickety as our 4th does right now.

By every metric for the last three years McCann has been a 3C. If you want to use metrics to defend certain players and then doubt them on others that’s your deal.

Reactions: CrosbyMalkin

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
You're not getting anything substantial without trading a piece that helps you win now. We have no picks or prospects worth a damn, and we have no position of strength to deal from.

You'd just better hope someone like McCann finds a groove in a top-6 role if Zucker's done for a while.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

LRS87

Oct 7, 2020
Jake-Sid-Kap
ZAR-Geno-Rust
McCann-Bluegar-Tanev
Lafferty-Jank-Sceviour

For the time being.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
ZAR or McCann will be fine with Geno & Rust.

Zucker is a better offensive player than either but Geno knows what he's getting with those guys and can play accordingly.

ZAR especially would help Malkin in transition defense and in the defensive zone. If we get the Malkin and Rust we saw tonight, ZAR-Malkin-Rust will be an excellent L2. Don't overthink it.

Edit: the performances of the LD tonight certainly gives me pause on "deal from a position of strength at LD." Petts is meh but at least you know what you're going to get. Riikola same thing but at a slightly lower level. POJ, Math, Dumo these days? Who knows.

Reactions: Trade and KIRK

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
You're not getting anything substantial without trading a piece that helps you win now. We have no picks or prospects worth a damn, and we have no position of strength to deal from.

You'd just better hope someone like McCann finds a groove in a top-6 role if Zucker's done for a while.

I mean, we have a ton of LD. I'd be down moving one of them. If the team is a bit worried about POJ being healthy scratch material, maybe you hold onto Dumoulin and see what you can get for Petts.

Maatta brought back Kahun, I'd imagine we could get a decent middle six winger for Petts to tread water. This team can't afford to miss the playoffs so something is gonna have to be done if Zucker is out longterm.

Reactions: Andy99

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I mean, we have a ton of LD. I'd be down moving one of them. If the team is a bit worried about POJ being healthy scratch material, maybe you hold onto Dumoulin and see what you can get for Petts.

Maatta brought back Kahun, I'd imagine we could get a decent middle six winger for Petts to tread water. This team can't afford to miss the playoffs so something is gonna have to be done if Zucker is out longterm.
Dumo's looked like shit for a while now. Either suffering from injury, dealing with said injury, or recovering from injury. We could move this version of Dumo and not even miss a beat, imo. I say this as someone who isn't really a fan of Petts at all. If you're dealing one or the other, deal Dumo. Not that I think either brings back a good return, but y'know.

Reactions: ChaosAgent and mpp9

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Buffalo is desperate for a LD especially with McCabe now out longerm...Petts for Olofsson is a decent swap...two young players both signed for a few years or under team control...

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
nah
You didnt get it.

the comparison is older star that is nearing a point where a decision has to be made on how much their past success writes their future near the end.

he used malkin because Malkin is:

Older
Closer to the end of his contract
Is at the point of diminishing returns when looking forward.

Your just butt hurt about a conspiracy theory you created in your own mind.

Nah it’s trash. But whatever. It’s the same garbage like dreger making stupid Crosby rumors.

If Malkin starts off better these question aren’t even asked. Ben is done while Malkin still has 2-4 years left. Putting them together makes no sense. You can ask the question but don’t mash those two together. Not similar circumstances.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
From reading a couple posts in the Around the NHL thread, Jack Eichel is done in Buffalo.

Pens offer Dumo, 1st in 2022 1st in 2023, Poulin and Rust.

Move Eichel to 2c and Malkin to his wing and Zucker to L1 left wing

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Buffalo is desperate for a LD especially with McCabe now out longerm...Petts for Olofsson is a decent swap...two young players both signed for a few years or under team control...

Dude's put up 60 pts in 76 games in the NHL thus far. Don't think Petts gets that done.

Reactions: Gurglesons

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020

Disagree with this

LD is a clear position of strength and a guy like Pettersson or Dumoulin should be able to easily swing the 2nd/3rd line talent they would be looking for

But I also they think they would play POJ over Pettersson, not sure everyone would agree with that

DRAGO 18

Jan 17, 2006
Pittsburgh
Oloffson is terrible at ES but is a monster on the PP. He likely doesnt even get to play on our top PP which is his biggest strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad