Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Trade Me If You Can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Matheson's defensive game is as bad as advertised, and it's drastically worse than any reclamation project I think we have had over the years. That being said, I think his offensive ceiling is higher than any project we've had. The guy has good offensive awareness and a really hard shot. If he comes back while Letang is out, I'd be curious to see him on the powerplay.

He has some serious work to do in the defensive zone though because that part of his game is absolutely abysmal.
Wow all of this in 2 games.

Hey, real quick, what are the winning lottery numbers.

Reactions: Khelandros

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
People saying things like the Matheson contract “carries some risk” let me correct you... that contract at the very BEST case scenario is bad all around. The worst case scenario... you get the idea.

Reactions: KIRK

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
People saying things like the Matheson contract “carries some risk” let me correct you... that contract at the very BEST case scenario is bad all around. The worst case scenario... you get the idea.
Blokes here should be hoping he does well here, because the new GM can then take that and flip him before his NTC kicks in.

tenor.gif

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Someone needs to start a new thread. I'll wait patiently until one of you fine individuals conjures up one. Thanks.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Matheson's defensive game is as bad as advertised, and it's drastically worse than any reclamation project I think we have had over the years. That being said, I think his offensive ceiling is higher than any project we've had. The guy has good offensive awareness and a really hard shot. If he comes back while Letang is out, I'd be curious to see him on the powerplay.

He has some serious work to do in the defensive zone though because that part of his game is absolutely abysmal.

Cool, his 8 team NTC kicks in next season

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
They weren't that high on Petts and thought Matheson had substantial upside. I mean, he does. But I think they way overestimated their odds at him reaching his upside when they made the deal which is why they lost value.

The thing is: Matheson still has a chance to prove all of us naysayers wrong. If Math looks like a good player I'm not at all attached to keeping Dumo especially given what he's shown this year and the emergence of POJ.

Rutherford's words and actions suggests he really liked Pettersson and his long term potential.

Also, tbh, Matheson doesn't really have a chance to prove all of us wrong as he's going to have about 50 games in which to do it and that's just not enough games to prove he really, definitely, is more than an overpaid offensive 3D. Even if he's fantastic, very few people here are going to trust him to do it again.

As such, there is nothing he can do to make me comfortable moving on from Dumo. Dumo can do a lot to make me happy to consider a trade, but not Matheson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad