Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - The no fake rumors edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Even if Rust isn't an ideal fit in the top 6, he's still a great bottom 6er who can play either wing and still hold his own in the top 6 if injury/play deems it necessary.

People are just trying to find excuses as to why or how he doesn't fit anymore.

Okay, first off, I'm not looking for excuses. Reasons are looking for me. Most of the stats I've posted about Rust I've found looking for other stats or in general looks. The eyetest stuff jumped out at me. I've been a long time Rust fan but right now he doesn't look great here.

And second, it's less about whether he fits here and more about what he does that makes him worth 2m more than the competition. Which is a pretty inevitable argument when the org brings through 2 new wings than adds another 2.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Okay, first off, I'm not looking for excuses. Reasons are looking for me. Most of the stats I've posted about Rust I've found looking for other stats or in general looks. The eyetest stuff jumped out at me. I've been a long time Rust fan but right now he doesn't look great here.

And second, it's less about whether he fits here and more about what he does that makes him worth 2m more than the competition. Which is a pretty inevitable argument when the org brings through 2 new wings than adds another 2.

Much like Sheary in 16-17, Rust is a proven 30 point guy with defensive chops. We can afford him if we make the right decisions on the back end. Next season I have no issue parting with him.

We should just be choking on next year’s 1st to get rid of JJ or package a player like Simon and a 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->