Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - The no fake rumors edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Since the last one ended in a shit show, I'm going to post 1 warning and will immediately go to thread banning right away. I know it's slow, but this is the whole reason we just don't let insiders flow at will. Whether you know someone in the business or not, so much "Discussion" goes on that if you reported it all, you would look like a fool. We have a lot of insiders here that follow the rules. We will continue to follow that method.

I do not care who knows who or what... and there is no misrepresenting anything. If you do not know, you do not know. So if you create your own madness, don't blame the board. :laugh:

Here is the only warning -- IE does not have any rumors on JJ. Period. Let's move along and leave it go. If you want to discuss speculation, go for it. The Pens will be over the cap. It's obvious something has to happen.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Vegas early updates on Eastern Conference

Tampa 4-1
Boston 7-1
Toronto 7-1
Florida 9-1
Washington 10-1
Pittsburgh 10-1

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
There's something very wrong in that room when it comes to games that really matter.

My guess is that when your captain is ass every spring it doesn’t do wonders for team morale/performance.

But idk, I don’t play for them.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I love watching Barkov. If Panarin was on his line with say Dadonov, that would have been the most entertaining line in hockey for me.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Do you guys think ZAR signs before arbitration? My moneys on it going to arbitration.
IMO and this is just me posturing in my thoughts, but he probably wants at least a 2-3 year deal and that’s why he has not signed yet. JR is probably offering a 1 or 2 year at a low salary. And that’s that. I imagine with ZAR’s injuries he wants some form of security and due to injuries JR is hesitant. I’d love to see what ZAR could do through a full healthy season, he keeps showing signs he could become a middle six guy in the small things he does on the ice or at least a legit solid bottom six guy. But the dude just keeps getting hurt. Not sure what will happen with him, but probably gets a 1 year in the end and then moves on after this season.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Do you guys think ZAR signs before arbitration? My moneys on it going to arbitration.

I can see a 2 year 1.25 AAV being settled on.

Arbitration generally is just to move along the negotiating process and have a date to get it done by. Otherwise it could really drag out.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
IMO and this is just me posturing in my thoughts, but he probably wants at least a 2-3 year deal and that’s why he has not signed yet. JR is probably offering a 1 or 2 year at a low salary. And that’s that. I imagine with ZAR’s injuries he wants some form of security and due to injuries JR is hesitant. I’d love to see what ZAR could do through a full healthy season, he keeps showing signs he could become a middle six guy in the small things he does on the ice or at least a legit solid bottom six guy. But the dude just keeps getting hurt. Not sure what will happen with him, but probably gets a 1 year in the end and then moves on after this season.

I'll be irritated if we sign him for more than 1 year

Reactions: Clare2904

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I'll be irritated if we sign him for more than 1 year

Why? He’s a good cheap bottom 6 player which we will certainly need next season (cap is crazy tight next off season). If he’s not the guy he’s easy to move.

Reactions: Riptide

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
qR0UObv.gif

Last edited:

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011

Some guys just can't stand up to the physical abuse it takes for them to play the style that will succeed for them. I'm not sure yet if ZAR is one of those guys, but it's starting to look that way. I certainly wouldn't give him a multi-year deal until he proves he can play a rugged game and stay reasonably healthy.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Some guys just can't stand up to the physical abuse it takes for them to play the style that will succeed for them. I'm not sure yet if ZAR is one of those guys, but it's starting to look that way. I certainly wouldn't give him a multi-year deal until he proves he can play a rugged game and stay reasonably healthy.
I wouldn’t balk at a 2 year at league minimum. But a one year ever so slightly over league minimum would be ideal.

Reactions: Aiastelmon

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

I just feel with the plethora of wingers they have he's redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->