Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Please Be Nice To Us, JR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Tanev-Blueger-Sceviour is what I expect out of the 4th line. I don't think they split up Blueger and Tanev and they'll probably use that line as a 3A or 3B line anyway.
I'm hoping Bleuger takes the 3C spot over Jankowski.

McCann-Bleuger-Tanev is hopefully the 3C to start the season, with Poulin taking Tanev's spot mid season

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
God imagine us with prime Staal and prime Kessel on the third line. We would have won ALL the cups.

Nah, because half the roster would be AHL scrubs on the cheap to accommodate the salaries. Not like Staal could have provided much for Kessel to be honest. I'd rather have had HBK than Hags-Staal-Kessel.

Reactions: wizmet12

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Pens have what, 1.3m in cap space right now?

If they really wanted Haula or to keep Sheary, they’ll find a way. I still think Riikola is the odd man out, not sure why the hell they signed him if they were always insistent on adding a RHD. They made his whole thing about how Riikola can play RD and they have Chad Ruhwedel and if need be, Trotman is also available to them. But then they go and waste more cap space on Ceci and that’s after JR said the above. Not sure if Reirden or Sully said no we want another right handed bloke with experience or what, but it’s stupid.

I would rather they just traded Riikola to recoup that cap space and use it elsewhere. There’s no way they are going to keep 8 defensemen up on the big club, they likely won’t waive Ruhwedel to WBS, so one will go.

Ah well, why even bother, this roster is a bit of a mess.

Analytically he did quite well last season. That’s was surprising to me. Always saw him as someone who had good physical attributes but lacked the decision making. Maybe I just watched hockey more 2 seasons ago than I did last season.

Juuso Riikola - Summary - Natural Stat Trick

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Pens have what, 1.3m in cap space right now?

If they really wanted Haula or to keep Sheary, they’ll find a way. I still think Riikola is the odd man out, not sure why the hell they signed him if they were always insistent on adding a RHD. They made his whole thing about how Riikola can play RD and they have Chad Ruhwedel and if need be, Trotman is also available to them. But then they go and waste more cap space on Ceci and that’s after JR said the above. Not sure if Reirden or Sully said no we want another right handed bloke with experience or what, but it’s stupid.

I would rather they just traded Riikola to recoup that cap space and use it elsewhere. There’s no way they are going to keep 8 defensemen up on the big club, they likely won’t waive Ruhwedel to WBS, so one will go.

Ah well, why even bother, this roster is a bit of a mess.

Hey! HEY! Did you hear!? Dan "The Man" Kankowski said he did NOT report we were in on Haula. Don't make him come back and hit you.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I'm hoping Bleuger takes the 3C spot over Jankowski.

McCann-Bleuger-Tanev is hopefully the 3C to start the season, with Poulin taking Tanev's spot mid season

I think the best bottom six they could roll right now, if Poulin or O'Connor is ready.

McCann - Tb - Poulin or O'Connor
Sceviour - Jankowski - Tanev

I want to see Jankowski play with Tanev since they are friends and have played together in the past.

Reactions: ownal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->