Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Please Be Nice To Us, JR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Again, I don't disagree. But I like the support that Daley can provide, regardless of who the coach is.

I currently have 6 in the office (7 including me). I have 2 others that do remote contract work for me. I do have standard small business consultants as well for legal and financial stuff but I don't count them. Technically its me at the top and then everyone under me but in the natural order of time and experience, a natural hierarchy develops. The oldest member of the team is also the most experienced and level headed. The other 4 go to him quite often for stuff they don't want to take to me for one reason or another.

Big difference between a small work place with no need for HR and no liabilities and an organization like the Penguins.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Big difference between a small work place with no need for HR and no liabilities and an organization like the Penguins.

Well duh.

I've also worked for two major organizations and in a previous life was a part of a large team so to speak so I understand well the different types of organizational structures and hierarchies and what happens at certain levels. I also know a large number of issues never make it to HR or often times the manager.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Well duh.

I've also worked for two major organizations and in a previous life was a part of a large team so to speak so I understand well the different types of organizational structures and hierarchies and what happens at certain levels. I also know a large number of issues never make it to HR or often times the manager.

And they shouldn't. And if they don't they are not issues that need a "player advocate" to be hired for.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Daley will be doing more than just listening to players.

However a guy that just finished playing hockey is going to be in touch with the problems.

Someone you can go to and bounce stuff off of that has no power is a good thing.

Let's not make this a bigger thing than it is.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

sure but there’s also a big difference between a company and a pro sports organization and having a very recent player act as a sounding board for players seems reasonable to me. That said, I’ve seen companies do similar things like this.

One example. I worked at a relatively large bank in corporate finance and we were losing young professionals left and right. They did an anonymous survey and job satisfaction among employees under 35 was abysmal. So they tried doing some tacky working session and tried to say “see we solved it”. I suggested we develop a smaller working group with one senior liaison and one young professional (me). This working group was about creating solutions but it was also a “safe space” to vent about issues between upper management and the analyst level. We reported out our findings and worked toward solutions.

why can’t Daley act like that? It doesn’t have to be an unhealthy bitching session.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
sure but there’s also a big difference between a company and a pro sports organization and having a very recent player act as a sounding board for players seems reasonable to me. That said, I’ve seen companies do similar things like this.

One example. I worked at a relatively large bank in corporate finance and we were losing young professionals left and right. They did an anonymous survey and job satisfaction among employees under 35 was abysmal. So they tried doing some tacky working session and tried to say “see we solved it”. I suggested we develop a smaller working group with one senior liaison and one young professional (me). This working group was about creating solutions but it was also a “safe space” to vent about issues between upper management and the analyst level. We reported out our findings and worked toward solutions.

why can’t Daley act like that? It doesn’t have to be an unhealthy bitching session.

No, I think that is the correct way to do this. I just question why we are having to do this when we've seen the coach fail miserably two seasons in a row.

Like, if they need to take this step shouldn't that justify firing Sullivan since we've already gotten rid of all his assistants and moved out major pieces.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Its been reported to naseum that Tocchet did this. Also been reported this is what Daley will help do.

Come on. You can disagree with my opinion but don't advertise the facts as speculation.

img.php

Check out this rare pic of you I found after making this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad