Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Now Jack Johnson Free The Rest Doesn’t Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
In my opinion it's all about the playoffs.

I don't really care if Jankowski puts up 14 goals and 34 points next season, if he continues to make zero impact in the playoffs then it won't matter. Nick Bonino had 15 points in 30 playoff games before joining the Penguins. 8 of those 15 points were goals. Hagelin had 26 points in 73 playoff games before joining the Penguins.

I understand Kessel wasn't brought here to be a bottom-six guy, but he was a point-per-game player in the playoffs before joining the Penguins. Kunitz was also a very strong playoff performer. That's where I'm worried. McCann realistically is probably good for 12-15 goals and 30-35 points. Jankowski at best is probably good for about the same production. Blueger is probably going to put up 10-15 goals and 25-30 points and so is Tanev. That's absolutely fine production for the regular season, but can they produce in the playoffs?

Reactions: Andy99 and mpp9

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
1. he cant be used in that because we dont have a kessel and wont have a kessel.

Bonino before HBK Bonino was replaceable at best.

I give the guy credit for his run but if HBK never happens there is a good chance Bonino is just another disappointment.

That's what confuses me, I guess. We don't have another Kessel to play on the third line... pretty much no team does. We don't have a giant horse of a man in Jordan Staal drafted 2nd overall to play third line... most teams do not.

What, exactly, do people realistically expect from their third line?

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I think they have three bad contracts rn, obviously depending on what these players do, but they are Matheson, Tanev and Pettersson...

A bad deal can’t be moved without difficulty.

Tanev and Petts I’m 100% sure could be offloaded easily.

Maybe with the flat cap and term on Tanev it might be a little harder, but it’s not a JJ or Hornqvist type albatross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->