Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - Marc my words, they'll get him signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I actually think that's kind of an issue with Galchenyuk, he has a really damn good shot but he's super selective with it. Galchenyuk's highest output in a season was 382 shot attempts and 213 shots. For comparison, Neal in 2011-2012 had 579 shot attempts and 329 shots. Considering how good his shot is, he should be a lot closer to Neal's shot totals than where his career high was at. Jesse's next tweet made that exact point about Galchenyuk's hesitance to shoot:

I wonder how much of that is a consequence of not playing with elite centers who can get him the puck in good areas to shoot.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I guess. Brassard was really good until he was injured and likely could’ve pushed us over Washington if he was healthy when Geno went down.

Similar to Iginla. If we win, it’s viewed as a great move. Since we didn’t everyone wants to throw ****.

I didn't say the move was bad. I was literally the "it's happening" meme guy when the trade was announced.

I thought it made the Pens a powerhouse.

But it didn't. The reasons why don't matter. It failed. Wasted money, time, and assets. And sucked.

But damn it would have been cool if it didn't.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I didn't say the move was bad. I was literally the "it's happening" meme guy when the trade was announced.

I thought it made the Pens a powerhouse.

But it didn't. The reasons why don't matter. It failed. Wasted money, time, and assets. And sucked.

But damn it would have been cool if it didn't.

Meh. You sound like the Great Gonzo in the Crosby VS Forsberg /Jagr thread. Criticizing Crosby’s leadership because he didn’t win more cups.

Every trade isn’t going to work into a Cup. Both the Brassard and Iginla trades were solid deals for what we got.

Last edited:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
As I said earlier in the summer, this year's relative cap crunch meant some players were going to have to sign for less than historical market value. JR had an opportunity to take a look at that after moving Maatta and Kessel. Instead, he chose to dump money into a good, but overpriced depth player leaving the biggest gap on the roster (another puck mover and potential Schultz replacement in a year) wide open.

30 other GM's didn't get Gardiner, so I am not making a huge deal out of this, but it was pretty obvious to anyone paying attention that some players were going to be signed for relative bargains.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Jake-Sid-Kahun
Gally-Geno-Rust
Simon-Bjug-Hornqvist
McCann-Blueger-ZAR
who cares

Dumo-Letang
MP-Schultz
Gardiner-Guds
Ruh-Riikola

That could have been realistic. Flip flop MP and Gardiner if you want. UGH

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Isn't it great that's we added a 13th top-9 forward this summer instead of filling a desperate need? Isn't it great??

Gardiner would have made losing Schultz next summer manageable too.... Big L here

Even having the cap to get De Haan off of Carolina for cheap would’ve been a solid move.

Or you know just signing De Haan..

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Does Gardiner even sign here for that deal if we had space? Seriously wondering.

But man how effective would this blueline be:
Dumo-Letang
Gardiner-Schultz
Pettersson-Guds

Maybe not a ton of big names, but it would be so effective.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad