Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: JR's P.F Chang's bill finally coming due...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Would they put up good enough numbers to win though? I’m not so sure about that. Sully could find out easy enough though about if our goalies can still fit this team

I mean, if we had close to average goaltending this team would be fine.

If Jarry was facing tons of chances and being good at saving them I’d agree. But this notion that every other goalie doesn’t face these quality of chances and makes some saves is stupid.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Most of the team looks like shit and it's not entirely their doing. The teams system looks like shit and also, he's a solid 2way c so in a 4c role he is also not doing the team any harm especially at such a joke of a cap hit.

Complaining about Jank at this point is just finding any lame reason to bitch.

He’s bottom in almost every advanced stat among forwards who’ve played at least 100 minutes. He’d probably be scratched if we had another NHL calibre centre.

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

Reactions: Gurglesons

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I mean, if we had close to average goaltending this team would be fine.

If Jarry was facing tons of chances and being good at saving them I’d agree. But this notion that every other goalie doesn’t face these quality of chances and makes some saves is stupid.

I don’t think all HD chances are created equal and we’ve been terrible at giving up AAA+ chances. They don’t track that though. Brutal for a young goalies confidence.

The system is the bigger problem. EDIT: we won’t know for sure unless Sully does something

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I don’t think all HD chances are created equal and we’ve been terrible at giving up AAA+ chances. They don’t track that though. Brutal for a young goalies confidence.

The system is the bigger problem. EDIT: we won’t know for sure unless Sully does something

Welcome to the show Jarry.

Sorry, I don't have any time for that shit. And Jarry isn't a young goalie. He's played in the NHL multiple years. It's put up or shut up time.

Jars' expected numbers are bottom of the barrel. So on top of teams getting glorious chances there also is no chance he is saving any.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He’s bottom in almost every advanced stat among forwards who’ve played at least 100 minutes. He’d probably be scratched if we had another NHL calibre centre.

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick
How many pens are in good company with favourable advanced stats?

What I was saying was it's not as if Jankowski is still the 3c and doing this. Like I even stated in another thread, DOC is wasted being used on that offensive black hole of a line. But what's the other option? Evan Rodrigues as the 4c? Back to what I had wanted before the trade and signing him back when blue was starting as 3c. Now I don't know if that would be good or bad.

DOC-Rod, Laff.

But back to Jank. He's a stop gap until something better is available. But as it stands for the 4c spot you can trade for a veteran if this team really plays like a contender. The entire team mostly looks like shit most nights and the usage of the goalies where the coach doesn't let the starter play through his shit is also frustrating to watch. Murray is rounding a corner because even while he was allowing touchdowns, he still had to play the next game. Sullivan is a f***ing :eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You're just mad because your boy sucks.
giphy.gif

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
How many pens are in good company with favourable advanced stats?

What I was saying was it's not as if Jankowski is still the 3c and doing this. Like I even stated in another thread, DOC is wasted being used on that offensive black hole of a line. But what's the other option? Evan Rodrigues as the 4c? Back to what I had wanted before the trade and signing him back when blue was starting as 3c. Now I don't know if that would be good or bad.

DOC-Rod, Laff.

But back to Jank. He's a stop gap until something better is available. But as it stands for the 4c spot you can trade for a veteran if this team really plays like a contender. The entire team mostly looks like shit most nights and the usage of the goalies where the coach doesn't let the starter play through his shit is also frustrating to watch. Murray is rounding a corner because even while he was allowing touchdowns, he still had to play the next game. Sullivan is a f***ing :eek::eek::eek::eek:.

I think I'd do DOC - McCann - Sceviour as our 4th line and run BART if we are healthy.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think I'd do DOC - McCann - Sceviour as our 4th line and run BART if we are healthy.
I saw you had Jank where DoC was. I was gonna correct you but I see you did.

The line up should be...

Zucker, Crosby, Kapanen
Guentzel, Malkin, Rust
ZAR, Blueger, Tanev
O'Connor, McCann, Sceviour

Blue's line will keep producing if they aren't destroyed with insane defensive zone starts like last season.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA

The line up should be...

Zucker, Crosby, Kapanen
Guentzel, Malkin, Rust
ZAR, Blueger, Tanev

I think I'd try Jankowski and Rodrigues out in the O'Connor and Sceviour roles and see what sticks.

Jank looks way more like a winger than a center to me.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Welcome to the show Jarry.

Sorry, I don't have any time for that shit. And Jarry isn't a young goalie. He's played in the NHL multiple years. It's put up or shut up time.

Jars' expected numbers are bottom of the barrel. So on top of teams getting glorious chances there also is no chance he is saving any.

Well you replied so I guess you do.

I’m less enamoured by goalie expected stats than skaters.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017

The line up should be...

Zucker, Crosby, Kapanen
Guentzel, Malkin, Rust
ZAR, Blueger, Tanev

Blue's line will keep producing if they aren't destroyed with insane defensive zone starts like last season.

Blue is producing now (45 point pace) with 70% D zone starts

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You're just mad because your boy sucks.
Jarry hasn't been good for majority of this season outside of a game or two. The thing is if he's your starter you treat him like a starter and Sullivan isn't. He panics and throws DeSmith in for the next game. So then Jarry doesn't play for a week and suddenly has to come in and try to play out of a funk and goalies need to play and keep playing until they find their rhythm. As much as I really couldn't give a f*** about that smarmy looking anorexic :eek::eek::eek::eek: Murray, even Smith knew you had to let your number one play and keep playing with the normal break for your back up and allow him to find his game. Otherwise you're destroying a goalies confidence and shooting yourself in the foot.

Sullivan did the same to Murray with Niemi and DeSmith as his backups and then Jarry as his backup where he'd throw lobs to Murray and Murray would stink those out as well because he never found a groove and by the time he did, another goalie already carried the load and now he's having to prove himself.

Sullivan is literally doing the same to Jarry. But hurr durr my boy blah blah.

I literally defended Murray in this shit too, in the NHL thread and here in regards to the usage. JR damaged the team and left before he could do more, Sully picked up the baton and said I got you fam...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Blue is producing now (45 point pace) with 70% D zone starts
Increased ice time and a winger like Jared that doesn't have the horrendous offensive iq of ZAR definitely helps.

Edit.

Actually I think he's been playing less this year. The change of ZAR for canner has helped but he's also the real leader of this team so he's finally just showing the world he should wear the c and going all beast.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Jarry hasn't been good for majority of this season outside of a game or two. The thing is if he's your starter you treat him like a starter and Sullivan isn't. He panics and throws DeSmith in for the next game. So then Jarry doesn't play for a week and suddenly has to come in and try to play out of a funk and goalies need to play and keep playing until they find their rhythm. As much as I really couldn't give a f*** about that smarmy looking anorexic :eek::eek::eek::eek: Murray, even Smith knew you had to let your number one play and keep playing with the normal break for your back up and allow him to find his game. Otherwise you're destroying a goalies confidence and shooting yourself in the foot.

Sullivan did the same to Murray with Niemi and DeSmith as his backups and then Jarry as his backup where he'd throw lobs to Murray and Murray would stink those out as well because he never found a groove and by the time he did, another goalie already carried the load and now he's having to prove himself.

Sullivan is literally doing the same to Jarry. But hurr durr my boy blah blah.

I literally defended Murray in this shit too, in the NHL thread and here in regards to the usage. JR damaged the team and left before he could do more, Sully picked up the baton and said I got you fam...

I think Desmith has been better and Jarry was horrible from day one tbh.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I remember a little in between Quick and Doughty. I can't find it. Video.

Doughty: Why didn't you have that goal?
Quick: Wasn't that your guy? Mic drop....

Reactions: Tom Hanks

DRAGO 18

Jan 17, 2006
Pittsburgh
Bobby Mac just said on NBCSN that JR spent the majority of this summer desperately trying to get MAF back here and even Patrik Alvine was trying to get MAF back here in his interim term as GM...states the Penguins are desperate for "veteran goaltending"

Reactions: Andy99 and Turin

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think Desmith has been better and Jarry was horrible from day one tbh.
Jarry didn't look comfortable to start the season. He looked better against the Rangers and against Boston. But the Flyers game the Rangers game was literally a week. Then after that second Bruins game where the team looked like chumps and Jarry had a forgettable game he doesn't play again for 8 days when he literally should have been back in net to bounce back.

DeSmith has been better but not by much. Both are sub .900 which is also a massive indictment of the play of the team in front of them as well as their game not being sharp.

But Jarry has 3 straight games of better than .900sv% games showed he was trending in the right way. Then had a bad game against the Bs and Sullivan decides to bench him especially against the Rangers where Jarry was 2-0. A game that would have been good for him especially with his numbers against them. He hasn't been good and this was his opportunity to bounce right back and Sullivan has to prove some dipshit point.

2-0 2.40 gaa and .917 sv%

But no, he went with DeSmith who was at that point. 3.84gaa and .880 and 0-1-0. Now he's 1-1 and 2.99gaa and .895sv%

I'm not even making shit up. This is literally what's going on. Sullivan is just purposely doing dumb shit now.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I just don't get how a coach knows his goalie is better vs an opponent and it's in his best interest to get this player to keep trending better and just goes with the other guy, it's like his way of benching someone in some passive aggressive Torts kind of way.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Bobby Mac just said on NBCSN that JR spent the majority of this summer desperately trying to get MAF back here and even Patrik Alvine was trying to get MAF back here in his interim term as GM...states the Penguins are desperate for "veteran goaltending"

I think we all had a feeling that was the case this summer. I wasn’t and am not against it for the right price.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Most of the team looks like shit and it's not entirely their doing. The teams system looks like shit and also, he's a solid 2way c so in a 4c role he is also not doing the team any harm especially at such a joke of a cap hit.

Complaining about Jank at this point is just finding any lame reason to bitch.
That doesn't change the fact that he hasn't done anything since the Flyers series. If you think being net neutral is good enough you're sadly mistaken.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That doesn't change the fact that he hasn't done anything since the Flyers series. If you think being net neutral is good enough you're sadly mistaken.
Then it's on the person that keeps using him, isn't it.

Or like Crosby, is Jank dictating who he plays with and what not?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Then it's on the person that keeps using him, isn't it.

Or like Crosby, is Jank dictating who he plays with and what not?
There's plenty of blame to go around and unquestionably Jank is not at the top of that list. What I'm saying however is the truth. Which is he hasn't done much of anything since the opening series. We need more from pretty much every line. Although I'm quite happy with Teddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad