Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: JR's P.F Chang's bill finally coming due...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Our bottom 6 lines are still not an issue.

Jankowski is a solid 4c. Blueger is the 3c like he f***ing should be. The injuries to McCann and ZAR changed the make up and the usage of Doc. But there is nothing wrong with the bottom 6 whatsoever.
Jankowski hasn't done much of anything since the flyers series.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Put Malkin between Jake and Rust and have Sid play with Zucker and KK.
Ok we will go with your lines. I am trusting you with my $20 I bet for Pens to win the cup though. Figure maybe things change so why not do something crazy, we already hired Burke. ;)

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Ok we will go with your lines. I am trusting you with my $20 I bet for Pens to win the cup though. Figure maybe things change so why not do something crazy, we already hired Burke. ;)
You really can't beat 25-1 odds. You're likely not gonna cash in but if you do, you're buying the pizza!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The Penguins aren't even that bad defensively, people just think they're bad defensively because Jarry gets scored on seemingly every dangerous chance he gets.

You'd forget about a lot of these high danger chances against if Jarry was stopping them. But because he keeps getting scored on, you remember these chances against. Jarry hasn't given up a ton of "bad" goals this year, but he's getting absolutely shredded on high danger chances and that's why people think the team is giving up a ton of those chances. They certainly haven't been good defensively, but they're probably closer to mediocre bordering on poor than as bad as some think.

I cannot believe opinions like this are out there. I legit cannot.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Why are so many people interested in Sam Bennett? It’s another Flames player that sucks as of late.

It’s almost like we just brought in Flames center coming off a garbage season.

tenor.gif

Please don’t use the former first round pick nonsense...hE HaS PediGRee

This team doesn’t need more projects that will top out at 25 points.

Reactions: pengineer

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Why are so many people interested in Sam Bennett? It’s another Flames player that sucks as of late.

It’s almost like we just brought in Flames center coming off a garbage season.

tenor.gif

Please don’t use the former first round pick nonsense...hE HaS PediGRee

This team doesn’t need more projects that will top out at 25 points.
Dude is consistently like...the only bright spot on the Flames come playoff time. I’ll take a player who performs better in the playoffs than the regular season any day.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Dude is consistently like...the only bright spot on the Flames come playoff time. I’ll take a player who performs better in the playoffs than the regular season any day.
Im sure it’s hard to surpass all 12 points he had last year in the regular season.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Yeah, people trying to act like any goalie would put up Jarry numbers is just asisine.

Would they put up good enough numbers to win though? I’m not so sure about that. Sully could find out easy enough though about if our goalies can still fit this team

LRS87

Oct 7, 2020
I like the idea of Bennett for McCann a lot. Bennett can play anywhere in the lineup and be effective where as McCann needs to be bottom 6.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Firesale this season for any picks or prospects. That's what the effort level from Crosby and Malkin shows me.

Through 11 games Malkin has 0 penalties. That isn't because he's cleaned up his game, it's because he's not even trying to get back pucks he's turned over. He isn't even making lazy swings with his stick in the defensive zone. He's doing a whole lot of nothing. If he was on CBJ he'd be benched since game 1

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
That line would be a nightmare to play against.

Well...it could be if Virtanen were smarter but if he were smarter he would not be up as trade bait. He can skate and shoot sometimes and play physical but he's not the brightest. Maybe he would be better here? I dunno but he seems like a player Burke/Hex may try and trade for as a change of scenery type as Burke talks about size. I am fine with just Bennett though and maybe adding more size with speed/skill somewhere else.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Jankowski hasn't done much of anything since the flyers series.
Most of the team looks like shit and it's not entirely their doing. The teams system looks like shit and also, he's a solid 2way c so in a 4c role he is also not doing the team any harm especially at such a joke of a cap hit.

Complaining about Jank at this point is just finding any lame reason to bitch.

Reactions: LRS87

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
The Penguins aren't even that bad defensively, people just think they're bad defensively because Jarry gets scored on seemingly every dangerous chance he gets.

You'd forget about a lot of these high danger chances against if Jarry was stopping them. But because he keeps getting scored on, you remember these chances against. Jarry hasn't given up a ton of "bad" goals this year, but he's getting absolutely shredded on high danger chances and that's why people think the team is giving up a ton of those chances. They certainly haven't been good defensively, but they're probably closer to mediocre bordering on poor than as bad as some think.
<--------------Me------------------------------------->You
original.gif

Borderline on poor = bad

Anytime the word poor is used = bad.

To this point, yes..... They have been Really Poor! Which = Really Bad!

To the point of, just changing the goalie = Really Bad!

Since the Defense has been = Really Poor!

It only makes sense to just change the goalie.

Because, again, he = Really Bad!

" I'm having an Oxymoron, moment, here. Too myself....!"<-----{did I just say that out loud?}

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Tanev's played 42 slapdash minutes total with Malkin since he came here.

But this is isn't Zucker vs. Tanev. It's Zucker and Tanev vs. Palmieri and Tanev. The latter actually fixes a problem.

Or we can continue to wait, hire a different assistant coach, add another misfit to the PP rotation and watch it struggle like a fly getting its legs torn off one by one.

Diluting what is some what of a weakness in terms of our LW side for another RW is just maddening regardless of what it does for our PP.

I’d rather move Rust for Palms. But any roster player for a UFA just seems like a terribly shortsighted move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->