Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - JJ is still here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Yea, the only other team that was even remotely interested in Johnson offered him a 2 year deal. JR is a jackass. I mean really, please go retire.

Cringe thinking about the deal JR got on his vehicle.

"You know, Jim - we got a couple other guys looking at this Buick... and they just don't last long. Buicks are hot right now. I'm not trying to sell you on anything, but if you come back at the end of Summer this baby might not be here."

*JR signs at 22K over MSRP

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
33.06% offensive zone face-offs without Crosby or Malkin. Underlying stats weren't great tbh.

Bjoogs was 40.54% without Crosby, Malkin or Kessel, and far stronger underlying stats.

I have a lot of faith in Blueger to make the required level but pitching him straight in is an uncomfortable risk.
Yeah, I meant Bjugstad, not Blueger. Sorry, wasn't very clear.

Bjugstad handled those minutes extremely well, but I think it is fair to question whether that would continue since he hasn't really been used in that role much in his career and it was a pretty short sample size.

Blueger is most likely going to be thrown into that role this year, though. Whether it is 3C or 4C, I think Sully is going to continue to rely on his 3rd and 4th lines to take those D-zone draws. Hopefully he can handle it.

If Bjugstad is traded, I think they absolutely have to bring in another 3/4C type that can help handle those D-zone draws.

Reactions: Riptide

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Unsure about Anaheim specifically, but if you're the Pens you better hope other teams suffer a bunch of offseason defensemen injuries. That's the only way you're gonna get demand

Creative advertising? Turn the negative to positive?

If you're a team looking for a lottery pick - perhaps JJ is your best bet? Nobody in the league is more dominant at hurting their teams chance of success.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah, I meant Bjugstad, not Blueger. Sorry, wasn't very clear.

Bjugstad handled those minutes extremely well, but I think it is fair to question whether that would continue since he hasn't really been used in that role much in his career and it was a pretty short sample size.

Blueger is most likely going to be thrown into that role this year, though. Whether it is 3C or 4C, I think Sully is going to continue to rely on his 3rd and 4th lines to take those D-zone draws. Hopefully he can handle it.

If Bjugstad is traded, I think they absolutely have to bring in another 3/4C type that can help handle those D-zone draws.

Mm. I get questioning whether Bjugstad can continue to handle the role - and maybe adding in questions about who were the main drivers in possession there - but I do think it should me emphasised that he did handle it, and that's not something his rivals can say - not just the deployment, but the minutes and competition. Like, I'm pretty sure Blueger can take Cullen's role, but going from that to Bjugstad's is zero to 60.

And the seeming need to bring back a good C if we trade Bjugstad is one of the reasons I'm against it. Although I can see them just going with McCann.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Daily lament: has JJ been traded yet?

One day it may be true...although that could be in four years...I might be asking this question for a long time...

Reactions: KIRK and molon labe

StutzlesTapeJob

Dec 22, 2008
Sorry for a stupid question. Can JJ be waived? Not the the AHL but just like “cut”? If so, does his cap hit remain the same or is there some slightly more favorable reduced hit?

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Sorry for a stupid question. Can JJ be waived? Not the the AHL but just like “cut”? If so, does his cap hit remain the same or is there some slightly more favorable reduced hit?

I think the only way to do that would be if we waived JJ and he didnt report to WBS. I think that gives us the ability to terminate the contract.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

He can be waived and if no one picks him up, we get a cap savings of about $1.075 or so, I think is what the final # was but that wouldn’t take into account the cap of his replacement...so if the replacement is at league minimum, it’s only saving us like $375k...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think the only way to do that would be if we waived JJ and he didnt report to WBS. I think that gives us the ability to terminate the contract.

No way would JJ do that...he has creditors to pay..he’s not going to get this sweet contract for him terminated...

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
We wish we could get that. I think we'll end up taking back a contract.

I think JJ + Simon/ZAR for Guhle + a pick is 100% what I would do. Hope for a 3rd or 2nd.

Anaheim isnt doing that though. Guhle was the major piece they got back for Montour. They have aton of forwards on the roster and in the AHL, thats why I went with a forward. The reason they may want JJ is due to a lack of dmen. Doubt they want to give one up.

how far have we fallen, to put our hope in TIOPS?:laugh:

Dog days of summer. TIOPS...if its JJ related, I dont care. Ill take it.

Reactions: The Old Master
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad