Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - It's the dog days

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Good look. It helps that Frolik's salary is only $3M.

JJ → Calgary ; Frolik → Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh gains $1.05M in cap

Frolik → some team @50% ; picks → Pittsburgh

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that basically does the same thing as just sending JJ to WBS...

So, the Pens would just have to not retain much or any salary to make that a winning series of trades.
It makes it one year of pain vs several though. We can live with that.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I may be a little tipsy right now...but I'm f***ing stocked to have Galchenyuk on the team. I cant wait to see how this kid does.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I may be a little tipsy right now...but I'm ****ing stocked to have Galchenyuk on the team. I cant wait to see how this kid does.

I have a feeling he's gonna do very well here.
MTL was a BIG stage and he performed very well.
One, he's still young.
Two, he's back to a BIG stage and he's been there before/he'll be very comfortable imo.
Three. The quality playmaking he'll play with is a notch or 2 better than he's ever had.

Also think the core, especially Geno which is key, will get comfy with him quickly cuz of his Russian roots.

ETA: I don't think he'll ever be able to drive his own line like Phil did here but i have a feeling he'll mesh much better with Sid/G in terms of style and them playing off each other.
Sorta like Neal did with G. Chucky will mesh with one of Sid/G for sure imo.

Reactions: Riptide

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Good for him if he gets the job
Than what? GMJR names Matt Cullen or Mark Recchi as new Assistant?
As much as I like both guys, not sure they're suited for the job

Doubt it would be Cullen just due to a lack of experience at this point in time. Recchi perhaps.

And what is the job exactly? Not to be a complete ass, but outside of the coach and the GM (both very visible positions - even if we don't know all the ins and outs) I don't think there's anyone on this board outside of perhaps 2-3 individuals who know enough about the in's and out's of what an AGM's job actually is to judge how good Guerin is or isn't, or how good Recchi would or wouldn't be at it.

The only reason I want Guerin gone is I think getting a different voice in the front office would be a good thing. But I don't think we know nearly enough about what his duties are and how good he does them to know whether he's good at his job or not. Clearly a couple people think so or he still wouldn't be here nor would MIN be interviewing him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad