Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - Hungry for Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
Arizona is like my third favorite team.

I think Kessel ultimately leads that team in goals and points, probably 25-30 goals, and 60-65 points. New team and a new system, having to adjust to not having the talent he had in Pittsburgh is most likely to blame for the slow start. Barring major injury, I'd be absolutely shocked if Galchenyuk out-produced Kessel this season in goals or points.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't love the idea of rooting against Phil. 81 did what we needed him to do here. Arizona, or as @Ogrezilla calls them - Zona, took on his salary and his contract. That was win/win across the board. It was business, unfortunately. It is what it is.

But 81 did exactly what he needed to do here and we got 2 cups for it.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I don't love the idea of rooting against Phil. 81 did what we needed him to do here. Arizona, or as @Ogrezilla calls them - Zona, took on his salary and his contract. That was win/win across the board. It was business, unfortunately. It is what it is.

Can I suggest that it's kept to the Around the NHL thread? Phil's no longer a Penguin, shouldn't really be a conversation here, and if he is it should be remembering the good days rather than poking at him as a Coyote.

Admittedly, I am saying this because I don't want to see rooting against Phil myself...

Reactions: ColePens

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009

Forever a penguin. He'll never top what he did here. Why root against him

Oops sorry I didn't see the "keep this in other thread" comment

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
To clarify I’m not rooting against him, he should go on the Ring of Honor the day he retires. Just saying I think his game has deteriorated. That said, yea Around the NHL is the place for that.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I really don't see the need for the Pens to target any defender right now.

Pretty sure they can be fine if one or two are traded.

Certainly don't need a Subban-like player.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005

Yeah, make no mistake, I'm rooting for Phil. Hell, I refuse to change my avatar. But if people are going to keep harping on how much we need him, miss him, made a big mistake, etc., then I'm not afraid point out how he's doing in Zona once in a while.

I'm not going to go around derailing threads, and I'll try to keep it to the NHL thread, but this one was on topic here as it was a response to posts regarding the value of the trade and it's impact on future trades between Pittsburgh and Zona.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yeah, make no mistake, I'm rooting for Phil. Hell, I refuse to change my avatar. But if people are going to keep harping on how much we need him, miss him, made a big mistake, etc., then I'm not afraid point out how he's doing in Zona once in a while.

I'm not going to go around derailing threads, and I'll try to keep it to the NHL thread, but this one was on topic here as it was a response to posts regarding the value of the trade and it's impact on future trades between Pittsburgh and Zona.

He's still my screen saver with him getting on the plane with the cup.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Penguins Notes: Trade Market, Ho-Sang, Malkin

Same old stuff, basically. JR's trying to make trades but doesn't like what teams are offering, meaning GMs know he's up ****'s creek and has no paddle, so they're trying to fleece him--obviously.

Also says we're interested in Ho-Sang. Yikes. I guess we learned nothing from the Sprong thing.

What was the issue with “the Sprong thing”?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Same old stuff, basically. JR's trying to make trades but doesn't like what teams are offering, meaning GMs know he's up ****'s creek and has no paddle, so they're trying to fleece him--obviously.

Also says we're interested in Ho-Sang. Yikes. I guess we learned nothing from the Sprong thing.

Jesus, even when you present relevant information your opinion is still shit. Do you ever get tired of being a dumpster fire commentator?

Reactions: Khelandros

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

If Ho-Sang came dirt cheap, i'd just leave it up to Velluci if he wants to take him on or not since he cleared waivers.
He probably wouldn't so...no biggie.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Ideally JR can find someone to take Guds atm and figure out post that when they get healthy if they have to waive Ruh or not.

And yea, he should be shopping Bjugs pretty hard but he probably isn't. Seems focused on shipping a D out.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
For the 2nd time in his life Sidney Crosby has a team.
2nd?
2007-08
2007-08.jpg

2008-09
STC2009.jpg

2015-16
cut.jpg

2016-17
Pens.jpg.787239903141e9632cb4a1b97d4e45a3.jpg

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Sullivan expected him to be more than just offensive.

???

Allegedly

???

I don't think there's any "allegedly" about it... that's not something that's all that uncommon... especially for younger players who's offense isn't at an elite or even really high end level.

Reactions: EightyOne

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
This team's been dealing with issues regarding complacency and work ethic for years. Sprong embodied that, regardless of how skilled he was. Ho-Sang's in the same boat, if not worse. I want no part of the headache that's inevitably coming with his acquisition--skilled or not.

If he played LD though... :laugh:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
This team's been dealing with issues regarding complacency and work ethic for years. Sprong embodied that, regardless of how skilled he was. Ho-Sang's in the same boat, if not worse. I want no part of the headache that's inevitably coming with his acquisition--skilled or not.

If he played LD though... :laugh:
Get Ho-Sang
Trade him to Ducks for a young Dman
Ho-Sang gets waived by Ducks
Profit

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Jesus, even when you present relevant information your opinion is still ****. Do you ever get tired of being a dumpster fire commentator?

Re-evaluate what was posted and think about whether this was really necessary, or deliberately antagonistic.

Peace brother. Let's live in peace. Lafferty and Marino are here now...it's gonna be okay.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Re-evaluate what was posted and think about whether this was really necessary, or deliberately antagonistic.

Peace brother. Let's live in peace. Lafferty and Marino are here now...it's gonna be okay.

I think on anyone's initial assessment (including the poster's) they would surely conclude it was the latter.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad