Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - Hungry for Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I didn't think Schultz was that bad yesterday in the first place, but it seems incredibly lazy to just say "he played with Johnson!!!!!" as a reason for why he played badly.

He was mud in a field of cow patties.

'That bad' is relative. He was bad, but compared to the effort of others he didn't stand out (unless you specifically looked for him - which is what I started to do when I got bored of watching everyone else).

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Not only that, but "showcasing" implies he might do something to raise his stock, which history shows us will not happen. The only thing that happens when JJ is in the line-up is that we become a worse team.

Some weird people think that a tiger can change it's stripes

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
We have lots of people that are under-performing on 3M-6M contracts, basically no one that is over-performing, and we're hampered by those under-performers rep and contract clauses.

Sounds good to me.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He was mud in a field of cow patties.

'That bad' is relative. He was bad, but compared to the effort of others he didn't stand out (unless you specifically looked for him - which is what I started to do when I got bored of watching everyone else).

I think what's happening is that I'm remembering Schultz in the first half of the game and not what he was in the rest of the game. I remember he was good to start the game.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I know it’s only one game, but this team continues to look pretty lifeless outside of a few players. Sullivan has to go, my god. It’s not working, enough is enough.

Hornqvist is no longer a viable top 6 forward. Under no circumstances should this guy have a NTC. Gudbranson is below average, and clearly not worth his $4 mil cap hit. He’d be a fine $2 mill dman. I won’t even mention Johnson.

I know I’ll hear the it’s only October! It’s only November! It’s only December! The season doesn’t start until January from a lot of the fans here.

It’s going to be a long season from the “but we just won back to back cups” crowd. How long can people continue to turn a blind eye to JR and Sullivan ruining this team?

JR lost his way after we hoisted the second cup. Almost every decision since then has been questionable to awful.

It’s crazy how much better our wing depth was last season.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I didn't think Schultz was that bad yesterday in the first place, but it seems incredibly lazy to just say "he played with Johnson!!!!!" as a reason for why he played badly.

Schultz looked very noticeable in the offensive zone, so even with a couple of turnovers when trying to move the puck, I don't think he was Letang or Gudbranson level bad yesterday.

I don't think shultz looked that bad either. He was the only dman shooting regularly. Teams just don't have to worry about or respect the defense because no one shoots. Thats a reason why i think Riikola should be in.

Buuuuut I do think he played much better as a pair with petterson. I would rather stack the top four then spread out the bottom four and weaken those pairings.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I think what's happening is that I'm remembering Schultz in the first half of the game and not what he was in the rest of the game. I remember he was good to start the game.

The less you remember about last night's Penguins, the better. I envy you.

I was considering canceling my NHL.tv subscription on the way to work this morning - it was that bad of an indication. Even the games under Johnston instilled more confidence tbh.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

If Schenn is only getting $6.5 million, I think that bodes well for the Penguins to be able to re-sign Galchenyuk for less than $6 million (if they want to). Based on the little I've seen so far from Galchenyuk, he's a guy I want to keep around.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
We have lots of people that are under-performing on 3M-6M contracts, basically no one that is over-performing, and we're hampered by those under-performers rep and contract clauses.

Sounds good to me.

Take a look at the Vancouver Canucks....Talk about 82M of what/who/huh?

Though that's not an excuse for what's going on with the Pens lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad