Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: FA Begins & So Does Fleury Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Dumo?

Why not sell off Petts for cheap, like 4th, 5th round cheap.

Was your thought process to stay younger? That's about the only thing Pettersson has over Dumo in my eyes.

Ease of dumping Dumoulin for nothing but futures. He's still a bargain at 4 mil.

I don't see a team taking on Petts at 4 mil with no cap coming back. But if there is such a team, I'm down.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Dumo's clearly better in every way than Petts right now, but I am kinda worried about the potential for long-term issues with his ankle injury and the effect they'll have on his game.

Sure, however we are trying to milk the next two, three years. That is exactly what he's signed for and in that time frame will be better than Pettersson.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I've said it before and I'll say it again - I don't hold things against people for the rest of their lives if they show genuine contrition.

Doesn't mean I don't think what they did was incredibly wrong. Just that I don't think it deserves automatic ostracization until the end of time.

Well that's one way to put it.

How has DeSmith behaved since his incident 6 years ago?

I’m sure you’re upset we could have got
Watson.

enviSAGE

waitin on the good times
Aug 10, 2011
Yeah, Buffalo was the only team I thought made sense, but Carolina doesn't have the cap or roster space to take Hutton back in that kind of deal. Carolina needs to dump Mrazek or Reimer without taking cap or a NHL goalie back, Buffalo has to dump Hutton to bring in another goalie.

Surprised Chicago hasn't bit at Fleury at 50% with a 2nd. I think they are the only real fit besides maybe us. Buffalo could use Fleury in the locker room I bet, but they could run into problems paying their young defense next year.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Surprised Chicago hasn't bit at Fleury at 50% with a 2nd. I think they are the only real fit besides maybe us. Buffalo could use Fleury in the locker room I bet, but they could run into problems paying their young defense next year.

I don't think Fleury goes to Chicago, tbh. Chicago is being ultra cheap towards goalies, which is why they didn't re-sign Lehner or Crawford and didn't trade for Murray. I don't think Fleury goes there because they'd rather not spend money and lose.

They could send Delia out and bring Fleury in, I'm just skeptical that they'll want to spend money on Fleury.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I've said it before and I'll say it again - I don't hold things against people for the rest of their lives if they show genuine contrition.

Doesn't mean I don't think what they did was incredibly wrong. Just that I don't think it deserves automatic ostracization until the end of time.

There's a pretty wide gulf between being permanently ostracized from polite society and simply not getting paid millions of dollars to play professional sports. You could make an argument that Voynov has "done his time," and that's fine, but that doesn't entitle him to an NHL career. Personally, I don't want him anywhere near this team.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Tbh. Adding Hall and Staal makes that team a playoff team imo.

Plus Kruger connection.

Yeah they have legit secondary scoring now. If they don't make at least some noise this year, time to blow it up.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
There's a pretty wide gulf between being permanently ostracized from polite society and simply not getting paid millions of dollars to play professional sports. You could make an argument that Voynov has "done his time," and that's fine, but that doesn't entitle him to an NHL career.
Exactly. This isn't a "whoopsie, messed up" bump in the road. You do the kind of shit he did, and was convicted of, you lose your chance to ever play in the NHL again. Sorry. Pretty simple stuff here.

And he didn't do his time. He went to a facility that allows you to pay for luxurious additions to your "cell" (which is more like a crappy dorm room) and then fled to Russia where they don't give a shit about domestic violence, and he was immediately handed a new contract worth millions anyway.

What a cruel fate Mr. Voynov has befallen. :eyeroll: Piece of shit.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'm honestly surprised Voynov actually wants to come back anyhow. Did he actually serve any time or pay any restitution?

One would think he's got a much more comfortable, if not as highly paid, gig in the KHL.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I don't think Fleury goes to Chicago, tbh. Chicago is being ultra cheap towards goalies, which is why they didn't re-sign Lehner or Crawford and didn't trade for Murray. I don't think Fleury goes there because they'd rather not spend money and lose.

They could send Delia out and bring Fleury in, I'm just skeptical that they'll want to spend money on Fleury.

Agreed. If they wanted to spend money on a goalie, they could have re-upped Crawford for the same amount.

There's an article on The Athletic talking about how shocked and upset the Chicago core are about their most recent set of moves, and how McDonough's departure seems to have indicated Chicago is finally going full rebuild. Pinch of salt because of how quickly these things change, but it adds up. Chicago aren't going to spend money on a goalie who makes it more difficult for them to draft high if they want to rebuild.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Tbh. Adding Hall and Staal makes that team a playoff team imo.

Plus Kruger connection.

Think they'd still need a bit more depth and a defence that doesn't risk turning every game into pond hockey. I mean, fair dos that's some serious firepower, but is it more serious than Florida have been toting around in their failed attempts to make it?

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad