Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: A New Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
even Jones is jumping on the bandwagon...better late than never lol

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Ha ok. Care so little I'm gone lol

tenor.gif

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
The Pens lottery protect 1st 2020 went to Toronto for Kapanen which was originally supposed to go to Minny for Zucker.

The last three years the Pens have...

2019 - Poulin
2020 - Kapanen
2021 - Zucker

I think the 1sts were well allocated for.

Reactions: EightyOne

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Trade Jarry and Sceviour for Fleury at $5 million. That's likely a better return than what Vegas could get for Fleury anywhere else, and they can flip Jarry to someone like Edmonton for futures extremely easily. Pens get Fleury back on a pretty cheap contract, and I imagine that Fleury would get re-signed this off-season to another bargain of a deal to wrap out his career with Crosby, Malkin and Letang.

I don't think that team will be challenging for cups, but to have the old guard locked up as you rebuild/retool around them certainly doesn't sound like a bad plan for the next 5 years. It sounds similar to what San Jose did, which actually resulted in them reaching the finals in 2016 as well. Just don't do the stupid shit San Jose did after reaching those finals :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I’d hate to lose Jarry in a trade for MAF.

I feel like he can be a lot better than he has been so far this season.

I wouldn't.

If you have Fleury, you don't need Jarry. Like I said above, keep the core (meaning Crosby, Malkin, Letang and Fleury) for as long as they want to stay here and rebuild around them.

Reactions: Doogle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->