Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: A New Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Grim Reaper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017
Why are we still discussing Jokinen and Neal? Malkin can play with a turd returned to Walmart, so what does that say about Zucker?

Reactions: KIRK

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Hilarious to finally see all the dolts catching up to the fact that Zucker... kind of sucks!

He doesn't suck at all. Not even remotely.

But I was underwhelmed with him from the moment we got him. Even in that first game he scored two goals. Maybe because the team was so obnoxious about chasing him and how he was the guy and a natural Penguin and it was a match made in heaven and it had so happen and blah blah blah. Felt Brassardian. Or it also reminded me of how when Schultz was injured and we convinced ourselves that the difference between being good and a Cup favorite was getting a healthy Justin Schultz back.

I remember he scored 2x in his first game and all I could think was "man, this guy looks small and plays small." He was so hyped up by everyone and everything around this team.

He's a perfectly average 2nd line winger who brings some serious quality attributes (speed, change of direction, hands) but lacks in confidence and offensive IQ. He doesn't mesh with Malkin. Oh well.

Also I've made peace with the acquisition cost as I recall that the Penguins were dynamite in the first half last year and felt like they could still make a deep run with a facsimile of Guentzel out there, so it made sense to pull the trigger on the Zuck. I hope he either finds a home here or HexBurke isn't afraid to cut bait for a better fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->