Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap - They deftly maneuver and muscle for rank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Getzlaf has 150 5v5 points since 16-17
Malkin has 189 5v5 points since 16-17

yah Malkin is better, but i dont think hes been much much better. Getzlaf has had very very very very little to work with in Anaheim

"Couple" is 2, so you're moving the goalposts.

And Getzlaf has had some very good wingers to work with in Anaheim. That's why we're targeting them! :laugh:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
So.

Schultz potentially coming back tomorrow. Curious where he slots.

Top six of Simon - Sid - Hornqvist, McCann - Malkin - Rust.

Hopefully those lines click and then you create a third line of Galchenyuk - Bjugstad - Kahun when he returns. Until then you have Galchenyuk - Aggo - Laff.

Injuries potentially proving to build us the right lines.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah, that Kahun injury is "good news" because it could have been a lot worse. He wasn't drilled or anything like that, so I imagine the concussion is pretty minor.

I really hope to see the Penguins go back to Marino-Letang when Schultz gets healthy. Run with that as the top pair, Pettersson-Schultz as the 2nd pair and JJ-Ruhwedel as the 3rd pair. Try to push JJ back to a more appropriate spot for him.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Liberty Biberty

Nov 15, 2010
What would be the add to Galch + Bjugs for Smith + Grandlund? Cant imagine it being too much. At this point with overpaying for UFAs, teams having false hope, wives legal rulings, a deal with NSH seems logical, and wouldnt cost the farm.

Simon-Sid-Smith
Granlund-Malkin-Rust
Kahun(when healthy)-McCann-Horny
BART

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDo

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Getzlaf has 150 5v5 points since 16-17
Malkin has 189 5v5 points since 16-17

yah Malkin is better, but i dont think hes been much much better. Getzlaf has had very very very very little to work with in Anaheim

Including himself.

It's really not even a discussion TBH. They're just not anywhere near the same tier.

PhilThrillPill

Jun 4, 2016
Toronto
I get the business need of needing to sell tickets, but isn't that Marketing's worry? Not sure how much the GM needs to worry about that. I'm assuming that the GM's would worry about it if the President told them to. Like, how much "Marketing Value" does Rakell have?
I get your point but these GMs have been in the game for a while and know that they need to please the owner/president or else they are gone.
I basically think that in the end game its money... like everything.

I’d be shocked if there isn’t someone analyzing the potential change in numbers sales before a rebuild or mini rebuild is performed.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
concussions are NEVER good news..they are not better than a knee sprain for example, and concussion doesn't mean he'll necessarily be back in the lineup soon, as we've witnessed...

i mean torn lbrum is much worse news than your run of the mill concussion for example

Reactions: pixiesfanyo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad