Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap: Lets do a better Reload than Hetfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

sovietsanta87

Jan 3, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
You would have zero Problems getting a team to take Letangs cap hit in full, becuase hes on a steal of a cap hit.

One of the Best RHD in the NHL like Letang should be making 9.5-10.5.

which is why trading Letang is super idiotic.

your number 1 weakness is Defense.

How does trading one of the best Defensemen in the NHL make your Defense better? Letang is one of the few guys in the world who can go out against the top lines, PK and give you 26 good minutes consistently.

I want to watch Letang and Marino for a full season.

Because for all the talent and good Kris Letang does, he has largely embodied all the bad habits of our defense. Funny enough, i thought he was excellent vs Montreal. Dumo seemed to be the one caught out of position. But that has not been the case for most of his career. Letang's career is a sporadic timeline of flashes; both good and bad.

It is true he is undervalued from a cap hit perspective (although you could make a case that he loses value because hes not a PP qb like a lot of elite RHD) but if the plan is to do a mini rebuild on a budget salary, you will get there faster by trading Letang for assets now rather than waiting another year or two where age starts to decline his skills.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Domi has a higher offensive ceiling, and they’d be banking on Rust not replicating his season now. But, if Domi’s deal is decently expensive it’s probably not worth it. McCann and Legare for Domi? No idea. Bergevin just watched McCann be terrible then a HS so..
"I know why McCann was scratched and it wasn’t because of how he was playing."

- Bergevin (probably)

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
For off season boredoms sake...

A. What do you think Toronto gives up for Letang?

B. What would you ideally be happy with as a return?
I can’t imagine a lot, they for one have to dump salary in that deal, they also have interest in Murray apparently because Dubas loves his SSMG homies, so if you consider that a pair that they want, it’s about 12-13m in cap that the Leafs need to move to make that deal worth it for them.

So maybe they say ok it’s time to move on from Tavares and make it truly Marner & Matthews’ team?
Or its a bunch of pieces?

Just a lot of cap that needs to move from one side to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad