Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Nice article by Taylor from DK sports on Jan Drozg. He is playing much better in his second year. He said his speed is better and his puck management is much better as well. He does have some nice wheels on him. Watching him he has some upside as a speedy RH shot and hopefully he adds strength and size on his frame. He is probably close to 6-1 0r 2 so there is some upside to add as well.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Nice article by Taylor from DK sports on Jan Drozg. He is playing much better in his second year. He said his speed is better and his puck management is much better as well. He does have some nice wheels on him. Watching him he has some upside as a speedy RH shot and hopefully he adds strength and size on his frame. He is probably close to 6-1 0r 2 so there is some upside to add as well.
I'm not big on him at all. So maybe he's the next 40 G scorer

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012

He didnt make my top 50 contracts in my nhl dynasty league so I dumped him this off season. I hope he fails miserably. :D

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005

I watched the game the other night and honestly never noticed him besides seeing his name on the bench a few times. Players like Zohorna and Lee showed me they have NHL talent and both will get a shot to play in the NHL at some point over the next year and a half. Angello and Reilly also look like they will get some opportunities. Now those players are 2-3 years older than Drozg so maybe he will get better with time.

Of the players not in the NHL at this time Zohorna seems the closest. Watching that game he looked like a man vs. boys. His passing was great and set up several nice chances. Zohorna also uses his size a speed to go right to the net with the puck and scored both his goals that way. Zohorna could play right now on the Pens 4th line as the center. I have no doubts he could play at least as well as Jankowski. I think the Pens just want to be patient and give him time to get used to NA and also the Pens system. If he keeps up his play I could see him getting a shot this year.

Reactions: Gallatin

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
I watched the game the other night and honestly never noticed him besides seeing his name on the bench a few times. Players like Zohorna and Lee showed me they have NHL talent and both will get a shot to play in the NHL at some point over the next year and a half. Angello and Reilly also look like they will get some opportunities. Now those players are 2-3 years older than Drozg so maybe he will get better with time.

Of the players not in the NHL at this time Zohorna seems the closest. Watching that game he looked like a man vs. boys. His passing was great and set up several nice chances. Zohorna also uses his size a speed to go right to the net with the puck and scored both his goals that way. Zohorna could play right now on the Pens 4th line as the center. I have no doubts he could play at least as well as Jankowski. I think the Pens just want to be patient and give him time to get used to NA and also the Pens system. If he keeps up his play I could see him getting a shot this year.

Hopefully we see him up for at least a couple dozen games next month or two. Get him acclimated and ready for playoffs.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Drozg had a nice tip in goal and I hope he has a breakout year in WB. He has the skills at RW and lets see how he progresses.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Ansons is back with Baie Comeau, 1+1 in 3 games. In Latvia he had 3+7 in 10 games.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I’m skeptical of how it translates to NA but hard to not like a 7th rounder having his level of success.

Even if he doesn’t translate, I’d call it a decent success for a 7th round pick, tbh. It’s the same with Reilly, they identified a player in the 7th round who went on to do pretty well regardless of the outcome. Fair enough and better than the expected did f*** all.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Seems like Poulin is playing center, or at least taking a lot of faceoffs.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Poulin got obliterated last night on an open ice hit. Can't seem to find out what his status is, but I'm thinking he'll miss some time.

Reactions: Gurglesons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad