Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Does a nice job of taking two dmen out wide with him away from the net and still getting the shot off imo. Not sure he intended the rebound to go where it did - although we've seen players do that - but still created an opportunity where a fortunate bounce would have good results, and got that bounce.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Wonder what new management will do with the late round picks? Can’t imagine they want to give them contracts, but is it a bad look not to keep them?

Then again you gotta wonder if a guy like Phillips even wants to come here with all the LD (provided he could get a contract elsewhere).

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Wonder what new management will do with the late round picks? Can’t imagine they want to give them contracts, but is it a bad look not to keep them?

Then again you gotta wonder if a guy like Phillips even wants to come here with all the LD (provided he could get a contract elsewhere).

Lots of late round picks go unsigned after a regime change. If they weren't on the radar of the team that the new GM is coming from, there's a good chance they know nothing about those types of guys. That's what happened with Matt Moulson. I remember reading Shero admitted that he knew next to nothing about Moulson when he took over and therefore didn't give him a contract, even though he was trending up since being drafted. Maybe with our GM change happening in the middle of the season they'll have more time to get a feel for what's in the cupboard...other than dust and cobwebs.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Lots of late round picks go unsigned after a regime change. If they weren't on the radar of the team that the new GM is coming from, there's a good chance they know nothing about those types of guys. That's what happened with Matt Moulson. I remember reading Shero admitted that he knew next to nothing about Moulson when he took over and therefore didn't give him a contract, even though he was trending up since being drafted. Maybe with our GM change happening in the middle of the season they'll have more time to get a feel for what's in the cupboard...other than dust and cobwebs.

Would be a good reason to keep Allvin -- if he wants to stay after GMRH gets his AGM in Pryor.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Would be nice if one of our prospects could put up gaudy junior numbers.

Our best forward prospects can barely put up a P/G at age 20.

Poulin put up 77pts last season in 46 games which is not bad at all considering Sherbrooke was not that strong.

I'd give him a bit of time now, especially considering both him and Légaré just got traded to Val D'or.
Personally I don't really care about offensive stats in Juniors, it's been really overrated in recent years. I'd rather they become all around solid players!

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Not sure why this came up?

Poulin lit up the Q last year and Legare had absurd numbers his draft year. Felix Robert was above 2.0 p/pg I believe.

Bellerive had good numbers but Almeida was ridiculous statistically his final year.

Not that high CHL scoring numbers matter (I think the names I listed show that:laugh:), but they’re there if you want them. Even Miletic had some gaudy OHL stats.

Reactions: dogthateats

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Judging any forward prospects by their point production this season is a joke, especially one where his team was effected by COVID protocol.

I don't see anyone judging prospects based on their stats alone.

I just wish we had some junior prospects producing.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Would be a good reason to keep Allvin -- if he wants to stay after GMRH gets his AGM in Pryor.

The smart thing to do here definitely seems to be for the GMs to tell Allvin and Scott Young "take the lead on whether we're signing prospects". And to keep Allvin. There needs to be multiple AGMs.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Poulin has 13 points in 11 games.

That would be okay if this was his post-draft year. He's a couple years on from that now. I think most fans who are being honest with themselves are underwhelmed with that.

If he and Legare's production don't see a pretty significant jump this year, there's good reason to doubt they'll be valuable NHLers during the last few best years of Crosby and Malkin's window.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
That would be okay if this was his post-draft year. He's a couple years on from that now. I think most fans who are being honest with themselves are underwhelmed with that.

If he and Legare's production don't see a pretty significant jump this year, there's good reason to doubt they'll be valuable NHLers during the last few best years of Crosby and Malkin's window.

I see absolutely no question that Poulin will be a valuable NHLer as soon as next year. Will he be a top six forward? Doubt it, but I didn't think he would either.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I see absolutely no question that Poulin will be a valuable NHLer as soon as next year. Will he be a top six forward? Doubt it, but I didn't think he would either.

That's gotta be weighed against how valuable he'd be as an asset to improve the team for the next couple years, I think.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Another big win for Val D'or last night 6-2. Best team in the Q so far this season.
2 assits for Légaré and 1 for Pouliot
Jakob Pelletier is the one killing on that team so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad