Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Good question. I feel like he's half and half. Predicted adamantly that Riikola was gone two days before re-signing. I think Vellucci talking POJ up a ton has something to do with it.

Yeah, I think Yohe is getting a lot of it from what the Pens are saying. Velluci talks him up and the new WBS HC did too, it’s not a case of something they’re keeping quiet and a insider knowing something. My question is if he actually is and how much need is factoring into this; doubly so if he’s tuck with JJ.

Reactions: Freeptop

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
1:24 might be the lowest I've ever seen. I think Biz Nasty had a 2-minuter with Phoenix a few times. Maybe Tangradi when he was in Disco Dan doghouse with Pittsburgh once.

Good question. I feel like he's half and half. Predicted adamantly that Riikola was gone two days before re-signing. I think Vellucci talking POJ up a ton has something to do with it.
It doesn't hurt that Riikola can play LD/RD and isn't as much of a PMD as he is a hybrid (closer to well rounded than people want to admit) with his game. POJ is a bloke I would want to see started in the AHL if that wasn't a question, but POJ is also a skinny wanker that needs to add muscle and that extra time in the gym will do him good.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I can’t handle a Fleury reunion. So stupid. If Jarry is the guy, let him be the guy.
People assume this is going to happen.
I wish people would stop assuming that stupid ass notion, to be honest. People have their panties in a bunch under an epic assumption that is both stupid and unfounded.

For VGK to move him to the Pens, they'd literally have to retain 50%.

The ideas bouncing around are Pens take Rittich from the Flames with retention, or Koskinen from the Oilers with retention, those are more plausible. I wish people discussed that instead of this beyond dipshit anger for the made up belief that Fleury will return. Honestly, if VGK did retain 50% on MAF and JR got him, whatever. Big f***ing deal.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
People assume this is going to happen.
I wish people would stop assuming that stupid ass notion, to be honest. People have their panties in a bunch under an epic assumption that is both stupid and unfounded.

For VGK to move him to the Pens, they'd literally have to retain 50%.

The ideas bouncing around are Pens take Rittich from the Flames with retention, or Koskinen from the Oilers with retention, those are more plausible. I wish people discussed that instead of this beyond dipshit anger for the made up belief that Fleury will return. Honestly, if VGK did retain 50% on MAF and JR got him, whatever. Big f***ing deal.

The places where I've seen speculation on Fleury coming back to the Pens all seem to assume that Fleury gets bought out, and then comes back to the Pens on a low-cost deal.

Let's just say I wouldn't place any bets on that happening.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Since I have precious few future assets to get semi-excited about these days, I noticed this morning that our boy Radim Zohorna is tied for fourth in Czech Extraliga scoring after two games. He leads his team (BK Mlada Boleslav) with three assists and four points.

I am definitely rooting for him. I really think he can be a nice LW on the Blueger-Tanev line, replacing Aston-Reese. Could make that line even harder to play against and also give it a bit of an offensive jolt.

Here's hoping!

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
From the QMJHL to Pennsylvania

“Sammy is not just a talented, skilled guy," Robert said. "He's also a hardworking guy. He's always in the gym. He's a good leader. He was our captain. He was a good captain. He wanted to get better every day, and that's what is going to make him successful in the NHL. He is going to play in the NHL. For me, there is no doubt about it. He's strong, he's fast, he's skilled. He could play any role. Honestly, I don't know if I'm going to play with him in the AHL because I think he's going to have a spot in the NHL early in his career. He deserves it. He's working for it. He's going to achieve it."
One example of what made Poulin such a good leader is how he would regroup the team when they needed it.
"When the guys were not as invested and our heads were off the ice and everything, he would do something like ice cream on a Wednesday night or we would go play laser tag together," Robert said. "Just a little fun activity that regrouped the team. He's a good regrouper, a good leader."

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Good for Robert. Hard not to root for the little guy who never even got drafted into the Q. Especially easy that’s on our team now.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Wonder if we should switch POJ to the right ride, or at least give it an honest try, with all the LD depth we have.
You're probably right. f*** them up at the AHL level so their experience under Sullivan & Co at the NHL level has a smoother transition and level of expectation.

Reactions: The Old Master

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
The places where I've seen speculation on Fleury coming back to the Pens all seem to assume that Fleury gets bought out, and then comes back to the Pens on a low-cost deal.

Let's just say I wouldn't place any bets on that happening.
we could sign himk for a day so he could retire as a pen. but beyound that?????

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Seems like a bad idea, imagine how quickly yinzer nation would turn on Jarry if he started struggling or getting more starts than Fleury for any reason.

On the other hand in the cap world a bargain is a bargain. If he gets bought out and comes here at like $1 million that makes better financial sense than Crawford or Talbot at $3 million and the fan issue is probably offset by the money saved.

He’ll probably just get dealt to Calgary or Edmonton for a bad contract, and even if he does get bought out he’d probably sign somewhere he can be the starter. He’s kind of a bubble HOFer so he might make or break his chances with his last few seasons.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
If we cant get a good return from Murray I would rather just keep him for another season , if he would be willing to do that.

There is the chance that Jarry's play gets worse the way Murray's did when Fleury's left.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If we cant get a good return from Murray I would rather just keep him for another season , if he would be willing to do that.

There is the chance that Jarry's play gets worse the way Murray's did when Fleury's left.
I think Murray's camp probably wants out before the next season starts. He's avoiding all cafés and instagram until then.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad