Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Speaking of large gangly guys, Keven Veilleux could've been something buuuuut he has certain issues...
Yeah...he's...

giphy.gif

Despres and Whitney are pretty difficult to rank, both were solid NHLers before injuries ruined their careers.

I f***ing HATE Whitney, so I feel absolutely no sympathy for that f***ing tosser.

But Despres, I definitely feel for the kid, he was so desperate to prove his new contract was worth it for the Ducks that he hid his concussion and put his own life and career at risk, that was incredibly stupid of the chap but I get where he was going with that. A lot of players do it, Despres was just one of the few that paid heavily for it with another concussion that really messed him up.

As for Whitney, I feel nothing for that garbage.

Reactions: dogthateats

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I mean, the Hockey News is terrible, so this is to be expected, but having Seider fall (who had a great season in the AHL as an 18 year old) and Byram staying at #4 (who didn't really have a strong year last year in the WHL) seems to show how bad the list is.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Poulin’s season was objectively excellent but I don’t think he’d move much up or down in a redraft. Most taken ahead of him had good years, and McMichael & Tomasino made jumps too. Maybe Thomson & Harley drop a bit. I think he goes between 18-23 still.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Poulin’s season was objectively excellent but I don’t think he’d move much up or down in a redraft. Most taken ahead of him had good years, and McMichael & Tomasino made jumps too. Maybe Thomson & Harley drop a bit. I think he goes between 18-23 still.

About the sum of it. Injuries don't help. Pretty much everyone who watched him and everyone who saw his numbers thought he had a great season, that's good enough for me.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I mean, the Hockey News is terrible, so this is to be expected, but having Seider fall (who had a great season in the AHL as an 18 year old) and Byram staying at #4 (who didn't really have a strong year last year in the WHL) seems to show how bad the list is.

I got in a fight with a group of Avs fans who say he is going to be the foundation of their blue line and be a 40-50 pt player somehow.

Not sure how that happens with Girard and Makar on the PP for the next forever, but I mean I thought Derrick Pouliot was a stud. So, I get it.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I like Zegras a lot, but what exactly did he do besides have a good WJC that caused him to sky rocket like that?

I think mainly the Juniors. Pronman and Wheeler both had Zegras as a riser for them but admitted he's not been consistently excellent at college level and in Pronman's case, also admitted there's a worrying Mittlestadt comp. It's all about the playmaking and skill he showed at juniors. I think some of the guys around him maybe didn't go as smooth as people were hoping either; the strength of this draft seems to be a lot of guys drafted around 20-30 having big junior years

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Dan10900

May 10, 2020
I like Zegras a lot, but what exactly did he do besides have a good WJC that caused him to sky rocket like that?
He was the second best freshman in the NCAA this yr, was tied for second in points for freshman (in their DY+1 at least) and plays a really solid two way game

Dan10900

May 10, 2020
Poulin would probably move down in a redraft tbh, yeah his raw numbers were great, but he also played on probably the best offensive team in the entire CHL, Broberg would plummet Poulin may jump Heinola, but Tomasino McMichael and Pelletier would all probably jump him, I'd put them in the same tier as Rees and Firstov (who would both be mid-late 20's in my redraft) Robertson would also skyrocket, as well as Norlinder, those are guys that would be close to him and could go ahead depending on what the team drafting wants

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Poulin would probably move down in a redraft tbh, yeah his raw numbers were great, but he also played on probably the best offensive team in the entire CHL, Broberg would plummet Poulin may jump Heinola, but Tomasino McMichael and Pelletier would all probably jump him, I'd put them in the same tier as Rees and Firstov (who would both be mid-late 20's in my redraft) Robertson would also skyrocket, as well as Norlinder, those are guys that would be close to him and could go ahead depending on what the team drafting wants

The Hockey News dropped him to 24.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Probably, but Marino fighting his way onto a full blueline suggests anything's possible if a prospect "plays the right way", and by all accounts Hallander does.

I don’t see him beating out any of McCann, Zucker, Rust, Guentzel, Simon or Hornqvist for a top nine role and if beats out Simon chances are Tanev, Lafferty or who ever our great UFA acquisition this year is will too.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I don’t see him beating out any of McCann, Zucker, Rust, Guentzel, Simon or Hornqvist for a top nine role and if beats out Simon chances are Tanev, Lafferty or who ever our great UFA acquisition this year is will too.

Probably. But I wouldn't rule it out entirely.

Hallander checks an awful lot of Sully boxes.

Reactions: WayneSid9987

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
While checking some NCAA "advanced stats" I came across the name of Angus Crookshank. He was drafted by the Sens and remains unsigned, but only has done two NCAA seasons. I hope he's either traded to the Pens or doesn't sign with the Sens and then becomes a Pen.

Just because of his name.

Reactions: Peat

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I know it’s old news but have to think Hallander will end up trade bait since he’s not coming over. Just can’t imagine he makes the roster.

It’s a shame- I’m a huge fan of his but tbh his personal development is probably best served in Sweden given all that happened this year. Just a waste of a season. And his own developmental window is starting to hit a point where it doesn’t quite align with the orgs.

You figure w/ SHL thru ‘20-21.. earliest is NHL in 2021 fall but at least a small AHL stint is almost a given, if not a full year in Wilkes-Barre.

So I’m not sure if he gets moved or not but does seem like there’s some writing on the wall there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad