Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Its forcing his core to remain tight/flexed to stay upright and also forced the front leg (balancing leg) to stabilize each time his body weight changes its positioning. Its a balance based exercise
Most of his "core" is above the belt attachment thing. It'd be better if it was connected somewhere higher or even up under his armpits. He's just leaning into the weight stack, not really flexing or stabilizing anything, hence why the stack can be maxed out.

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
Most of his "core" is above the belt attachment thing. It'd be better if it was connected somewhere higher or even up under his armpits. He's just leaning into the weight stack, not really flexing or stabilizing anything, hence why the stack can be maxed out.
In the case of this workout, if the straps were higher under his armpits it would wreck his lower back. Where its positioned puts the focus on his abdominals (primary core center) and also forces that planted leg to do alot more work. The higher the straps (ie under the arm pits) the less it does for the core and planted leg and the more akwkard the exercise gets - it would just in effect pull him off balance forwards making it quite dangerous.

You are right in saying that he's leaning (back) into the weight stack, but thats part of the purpose. Once he's leaned into it, his core and planted leg have to maintain the position so that his body isn't been pulled forward uncontrollably.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Spinal erectors are usually considered part of the "core." Buthis abdominals are mostly above the weight too. They're not significantly engaged. Maybe his left oblique is to stabilize the dumbbell but then he's being allowed to counterbalance with his free hand which also kind of defeats the purpose.

It looks like just a nonsense exercise. Overly complicated but nothing especially beneficial especially over "simpler" lifts. It's hard to not get results when you're 22 and putting in the work though.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Button doesn't have Addison in his projected WJC lineup.

Hållander might be our only participant this year then?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Button doesn't have Addison in his projected WJC lineup.
Hopefully a couple of the guys he did pick are in the NHL. I think Byram makes Colorado. Dobson’s good enough but NYI have a deep blueline. Maybe a slim chance McIsaac makes Detroit

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Pens should sign -Chase Priskie, just to stick it to the Caps that he chose the Pens as his option.
ezgif-com-video-to-gif-84.gif

Chase Priskie at eliteprospects.com

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I imagine he's going to get a lot of interest but would be great if he signed here.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
There shouldn't be any reason JR doesn't attempt to sign Priskie.

I also think it would be a good situation for him. Who does he have to compete with? Addison will be back in juniors (+ at least 1 full year in AHL). Marino is going back to Harvard and isn't a guarantee to sign. Schultz will more than likely be gone after this year. Gudbranson may be moved at some point. That right side has a lot of opportunity he may not find elsewhere and that definitely should be a selling point.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
There shouldn't be any reason JR doesn't attempt to sign Priskie.

I also think it would be a good situation for him. Who does he have to compete with? Addison will be back in juniors (+ at least 1 full year in AHL). Marino is going back to Harvard and isn't a guarantee to sign. Schultz will more than likely be gone after this year. Gudbranson may be moved at some point. That right side has a lot of opportunity he may not find elsewhere and that definitely should be a selling point.

I'd like Priskie, but my guess is he wants a real shot at making the team out of camp in terms of competition, and that just doesn't exist for him here.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Can't imagine many quality organizations can offer him a better chance to move up the depth chart quickly though.

Dunno bruv. I mean, yeah, it does look a fairly easy route here, but I saw Caps fans expressing more or less the exact same sentiment in the thread about him in Trade Rumours - few RD prospects, Gudas on a one year contract. I think Nashville's strongly in on him, and there's not much between a kid and a space there either. I'd have to delve deeper to be sure, but its look like there's at least a few.

And, well, quality mightn't be as important as NHL now.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Dunno bruv. I mean, yeah, it does look a fairly easy route here, but I saw Caps fans expressing more or less the exact same sentiment in the thread about him in Trade Rumours - few RD prospects, Gudas on a one year contract. I think Nashville's strongly in on him, and there's not much between a kid and a space there either. I'd have to delve deeper to be sure, but its look like there's at least a few.

And, well, quality mightn't be as important as NHL now.

Does Nashville need all the defense prospects? Good lord.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Does Nashville need all the defense prospects? Good lord.

Their prospect pool is strong, but Santini/Irwin/Weber is a crowd that can be muscled in on for the 3D spot easily enough - the opportunity exists now. Or at least I think it does.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'd like Priskie, but my guess is he wants a real shot at making the team out of camp in terms of competition, and that just doesn't exist for him here.
Prow was a better College player and he signed here.

While there are opportunities to fast track his career with a few teams, those teams are also the kind of teams where he won't get the development and proper career path that he will likely want. Prow didn't get a fair shake here sadly, but I think Priskie can with how the team is starting to get desperate with potential in house replacements.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Prow was a better College player and he signed here.

While there are opportunities to fast track his career with a few teams, those teams are also the kind of teams where he won't get the development and proper career path that he will likely want. Prow didn't get a fair shake here sadly, but I think Priskie can with how the team is starting to get desperate with potential in house replacements.

You might be right that he'd be better looking for the development and career path rather than the fast track, but I don't see why he hasn't signed with Washington if that's what he actually wants. The most likely reason to spurn them is NHL now, and if that's not the reason, he's probably got some very specific want that doesn't come down to team quality.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
You might be right that he'd be better looking for the development and career path rather than the fast track, but I don't see why he hasn't signed with Washington if that's what he actually wants. The most likely reason to spurn them is NHL now, and if that's not the reason, he's probably got some very specific want that doesn't come down to team quality.

He probably just realized that the Caps are wieners.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think they used up their contract limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad