Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
If anyone's feeling nosy on how often the Pens check in with foreign prospects, this interview with Hallander suggests its pretty hands off - Guerin watched one match, a PDC watched one match, a few chats with Westerlund but an agreement not to have too many, and that's about it.

edit: Also in Hallander news, Sweden's U20 coach named him and Fagemo first when asked which forwards he was hopeful for this year

Last edited:

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Not sure what the weight stack is even doing here. Personal trainers are snake-oil salesmen.
Meh, not nearly complex enough. He should be back squatting while standing on kettlebells with a band tied around his neck attached to the squat rack. Because you want to make sure you can still maintain your balance and strength at the end of your shift when you run out of oxygen. Oh, and the trainer should be right behind him grinding all the way with his hand wrapped around his stomach. For safety reasons, you see.

Reactions: Jacob

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Meh, not nearly complex enough. He should be back squatting while standing on kettlebells with a band tied around his neck attached to the squat rack. Because you want to make sure you can still maintain your balance and strength at the end of your shift when you run out of oxygen. Oh, and the trainer should be right behind him grinding all the way with his hand wrapped around his stomach. For safety reasons, you see.
sounds like some of the coaches that I played for. :laugh:

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Was checking out some more depth stats for Poulin and Legare...lets just say they grade out very well amongst OHL/QMJHL peer (no WHL stats). Gonna just dump a lot of info on y’all.

1st and 2nd among first time draft eligible in ES SOG totals (216 for NL, 204 for SP.. next closest in Kaliyev had 185).

2nd and 3rd in total shots in all situations. (Kaliyev had an absurd amount of PP shots, more than double anyone else).

4th and 6th in ES primary points per game. Legare with .6618 and Poulin with .6567.

2nd and 5th in all situation primary points per game. Legare 1.0147 (only he and Kaliyev went P1/PG) and Poulin with .9104.

Legare was 1st in ES goals with 31. Poulin 10th with 21.

Poulin 1st in raw ES primary assists with 23. 1st in raw ES total assists with 32.

Legare 2nd in PP primary points with 24. Poulin 7th with 17.

25B1069E-BD9C-40B7-8703-1E3377C3CAE7.jpeg

629252B1-C4FD-48CA-8B42-DAFD73F39A09.jpeg

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
My takeaways:

Based on raw numbers— We got the best even strength goal scorer and the best even strength playmaker among O/Q first time eligibles. Promising.

Legare’s raw goal numbers will likely go down next year. He’s not gonna sustain a 28% shooting percentage on the PP, esp not with his shot location. However, his ES goal scoring seems easily repeatable from a numbers standpoint, provided he can gel with lesser linemates. He scores in dangerous areas and gets a lot of shots on net at ES.

I expect Poulin to score a lot more goals next year. Of top forward (first time eligible) scorers in the two leagues his SH% was kinda low. His peers generally sat around 15-16% in all situations and 14ish% at ES. Poulin was 11.46% and 10.29% comparatively. His shot chart is great. All inside the dots. Anything but a perimeter player. Add that to how many SOG he generates and if he can get a bump in that SH%- watch out...

So if he scores more goals... kinda see him maybe not growing his primary assist total as much. Prob got a decent bit off rebounds this year. Coupling this data with the CHL tracking project and I don’t see Poulin as a pure playmaker, but a true dual threat scorer.

Will be interesting to see how these two guys pan out, and obviously want to see more games but within a spreadsheet their underlying profiles are very, very strong.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Puckprose just did its top 10 prospects for us - bit squint-eyed at how much some of the profiles clash with what I've seen written elsewhere, but still an interesting enough read

Anybody who doesn't want to click through 10,000 slides -

10. Drozg
9. Bjorkqvist
8. Bellerive
7. Miletec
6. Almeida
5. POJ
4. Hallander
3. Legare
2. Addison
1. Poulin

Also somewhat squint-eyed at Miletec being declared our best WBS guy - although I guess we did it here too *squints evilly at everyone who picked Miletec over Lafferty*

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Puckprose just did its top 10 prospects for us - bit squint-eyed at how much some of the profiles clash with what I've seen written elsewhere, but still an interesting enough read

Anybody who doesn't want to click through 10,000 slides -

10. Drozg
9. Bjorkqvist
8. Bellerive
7. Miletec
6. Almeida
5. POJ
4. Hallander
3. Legare
2. Addison
1. Poulin

Also somewhat squint-eyed at Miletec being declared our best WBS guy - although I guess we did it here too *squints evilly at everyone who picked Miletec over Lafferty*

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->