Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Put the puck in the net (make smart plays) and skating isnt as big of an issue anyway. Dont need a team filled with Hagelin types.

Bonino wasnt fast but IQ thru the roof those playoffs

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Put the puck in the net (make smart plays) and skating isnt as big of an issue anyway. Dont need a team filled with Hagelin types.

Bonino wasnt fast but IQ thru the roof those playoffs
I haven't seen an issue with Legare's skating, he looks above average but you can tell his stride can be sorted out to get a little more out of his movement on the ice. He doesn't need to be blazing fast. I think his skating reminds me of Perron sort of, but kid is young and can be helped there.

Bones was just slow but he knew how to make it work in an Andrew Brunette kind of way of just being smart at knowing where to be on the ice.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I haven't seen an issue with Legare's skating, he looks above average but you can tell his stride can be sorted out to get a little more out of his movement on the ice. He doesn't need to be blazing fast. I think his skating reminds me of Perron sort of, but kid is young and can be helped there.

Bones was just slow but he knew how to make it work in an Andrew Brunette kind of way of just being smart at knowing where to be on the ice.

Yeah wasnt comparing the two in style...just saying the talk of speed/Skating has taken a level of being more important than every other aspect of the game it seems

Doesnt mean im downplaying it either. It is important.

Excited for Legare...but no rush ...we have plenty ahead of him who could make an impact. Let him dominate juniors without having to worry about the added pressure to succeed now

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah wasnt comparing the two in style...just saying the talk of speed/Skating has taken a level of being more important than every other aspect of the game it seems

Doesnt mean im downplaying it either. It is important.

Excited for Legare...but no rush ...we have plenty ahead of him who could make an impact. Let him dominate juniors without having to worry about the added pressure to succeed now
Yeah no worries, was just clarifying what I saw out of the kid.

I love the kid's shot though, that's something that will just be even more lethal as he gains that confidence and understands how he can use it in his arsenal of shots to really be a huge threat. But that quick and heavy release is just so damn good. Sort of reminds me of Neal's shot in a way.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD

I see the comparison and I like it. Despite Perron being meh for us.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
These prospects better get ready...

Players on big club already dropping like flies....as usual but this time before the season starts.

Gonna be half a team in a few months.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I see Legare as a power forward who has a great shot/release. Legare showed a willingness to go to the high traffic areas and crash the net like Kunitz did and Hornqvist does. While his skating is his tool to work on it wasn’t that bad already when watching the preseason games. For an 18 year old kid it actually was not bad at all when that is supposed to be your weakness. Yes it needs work but if it didn’t this kid would of been a top 10 pick. Skating is definitely not NHL ready but also no far off from getting it there. Already showed better speed than Maatta:laugh:. Just needs to work on his skating with the puck, first steps, and overall directional change. Basically needs to keep improving his overall skating but I am hopeful after watching his game he can be a goal scoring power forward in this league.

Reactions: Dominance

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
First set of boxcars - seems early, but stuff's already happening

WHL

Calen Addison (D, Lethbridge) GP4 G2 A3 P5 PIM6 -2

QMJHL

Samuel Poulin (W, Sherbrooke) GP4 G1 A2 P3 PIM4 +2
Nathan Legare (W, Baie-Comeau) GP3 G2 A2 P4 PIM2 -1

SHL

Filip Hallander (W, Lulea) GP2 G0 A1 P1 PIM2 +1
CL GP4 G2 A1 P3 PIM0 +5
SW U20 GP4 G0 A3 P3 PIM0

Huge shame about his injury after a hot start

Linus Olund (C, Brynas) GP5 G0 A2 P2 PIM0 -1

Liiga

Antti Palojarvi (D, Lukko) GP5 G0 A0 P0 PIM4 +0
U20s - GP4 G0 A0 P0 PIM0 +2

Valtteri Puustinen (D, HPK) GP8 G2 A7 P9 PIM2 +0

Santeri Airola (D, SaiPa) GP2 G0 A0 P0 PIM0 -2

Not sure why Airola's in the Liiga with SaiPa and not in Kettera in the Mestis as originally advertised

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Seems like he could have avoided catching Olund up high if he wanted to.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Couple of minor tidbits from the Athletic - Pronman cited the buzz Legare got out of our training camp in his "Prospects who've already raised their stock", saying he reckoned it showed he can play at a pro pace; Wheeler named POJ as our prospect to have a breakout season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad