Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018

4B4E6E6A-739C-43B6-B54D-12EB2085EE31.gif

Sjpp

Aug 31, 2019
Didn't pay much attention to it in the summer and missed any conversation about it but was just wondering why the Pens didn't resign Ethan Prow. He led WBS in scoring last year and was one of the top scoring defenseman in the league. Given their lack of prospects in the system, why let him go?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Didn't pay much attention to it in the summer and missed any conversation about it but was just wondering why the Pens didn't resign Ethan Prow. He led WBS in scoring last year and was one of the top scoring defenseman in the league. Given their lack of prospects in the system, why let him go?

I’ve wondered that myself, but he never even got a sniff of the NHL last season when he was playing well in WBS. Instead they went with a journeyman like Trotman and now Prow is gone.

That tells me they just didn’t like him very much.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I wonder if they offered him a contract but he opted to sign elsewhere for a better perceived shot at NHL playing time. Complete speculation on my part.

Reactions: Freeptop

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Due to the fact that he hadn't played in any NHL games yet, he was a category 6 UFA, so the Pens didn't have exclusive rights to him anymore. It may not have been their choice to let him go. He may well have simply looked at the fact that Ruhwedel and Trotman were still around, and would still be blocking his path to a call-up, and decided he'd take his chances elsewhere.

Sjpp

Aug 31, 2019
Due to the fact that he hadn't played in any NHL games yet, he was a category 6 UFA, so the Pens didn't have exclusive rights to him anymore. It may not have been their choice to let him go. He may well have simply looked at the fact that Ruhwedel and Trotman were still around, and would still be blocking his path to a call-up, and decided he'd take his chances elsewhere.
Thanks to those who replied.

Sjpp

Aug 31, 2019
Was also wondering about Brandon Hawkins. He looked good at the prospect camp in June and at the prospect tournament in Buffalo but I haven't seen him since. He did drop the gloves one game, maybe he was injured?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Nice to know that we have a forward prospect in the Scandinavia region doing well after Hallander died.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I think saying that a guy is unlikely to make the NHL is pretty standard for a 7th round pick. All you can do is watch, wait, and see if they prove people wrong.

exactly. Plus you’d think Allvin has a little bit of an advantage in projecting the Finns. So I’m not really gonna get hyped, but also not gonna declare him DOA because of a post on HF.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think saying that a guy is unlikely to make the NHL is pretty standard for a 7th round pick. All you can do is watch, wait, and see if they prove people wrong.
And even if they don’t make the NHL it doesn’t mean they can’t return some value to the team... say if he improves his value and gets included in a trade package for an NHL player.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Pronman released re-rankings for 2018 - has Addison in 31st (2 down from where he originally had him), Hallander in 38th (no change in Pronman's rankings) and Almeida at 66th (didn't rank him back in 2018).

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad