Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Good team, will he get the chance to be the starter? Giving up a 1st round pick and a player to be named later you would think so. He will have no excuse now but to produce. This will be an important second half for him in my opinion.
Baie-Comeau traded the 2 goalies that started the year with them and acquired 2 more a few weeks ago but one got hurt.. not sure if it’s serious, must be if they decided to get d’Orio. Also not sure what the plan is with the other guy. Assume some kind of platoon from here on out. There’s like 28 games left in their regular season, hopefully he starts like half.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
d’Orio’s in for Drakkar (the Drakkar?) today, up 2-1 halfway through.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Baie-Comeau traded the 2 goalies that started the year with them and acquired 2 more a few weeks ago but one got hurt.. not sure if it’s serious, must be if they decided to get d’Orio. Also not sure what the plan is with the other guy. Assume some kind of platoon from here on out. There’s like 28 games left in their regular season, hopefully he starts like half.

Just seems like a high price if you are not using him as the starter. 1st round pick and player to be named later for back up? Gets his chance tonight so it will be his job to lose if he plays well.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
D'Orio is Baie-Comeau's starter. Baribeau is out for a while, but is not as good as D'Orio anyway.

Reactions: Jacob

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Got to think it is. Hopefully the Pens will support him on whatever he wants to do in the future. I know CHL provides some sort of scholarship to go to university, but isn't it based on seasons accrued?

You'd have to think his CHL team would honor the entire 4 years accrued since he missed it due to an injury suffered playing for them, not just because he decided not to play for them this year.

Depends how "cheap" the ownership is, and whether they'll fight any sort of legal loopholes. I remember quite a few years back, Kingston got into a legal battle with a former player because he said they owed him tuition payment for time spent in a specific season with them, but they tried to say they didn't because he was sent home after demanding a trade. I believe the player (look up Brody Todd) won the case in court.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I had high hopes after watching Lauzon that one rookie tourney. Such a shame.

Rather not think of that trade and pick anymore and the guys we passed on before Lauzon(from 31 to 45 basically) and even after in a few others. Studnicka being one of them going two picks later.

Horrible draft considering what we could have got. Kostin, Kepo, Lind, Timmins, Hague, etc.

Kepo would be a great prospect to have right now.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Rather not think of that trade and pick anymore and the guys we passed on before Lauzon(from 31 to 45 basically) and even after in a few others. Studnicka being one of them going two picks later.

Horrible draft considering what we could have got. Kostin, Kepo, Lind, Timmins, Hague, etc.

Kepo would be a great prospect to have right now.

I wish I could forget. Some hashtag highlights:

#ButWeDidn'tGiveUpA1stRoundPick!?!
#45~=31
#OurBoardHadHimAt1stOverallSoWin
#Fists>Skill

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I wish I could forget. Some hashtag highlights:

#ButWeDidn'tGiveUpA1stRoundPick!?!
#45~=31
#OurBoardHadHimAt1stOverallSoWin
#Fists>Skill

I still believe that the team weren't lying when they said they had him above the other guys who went in between the two picks - or at least not much. Which is all the more reason not to think of it really. I suspect Botterill might have done us a favour hiring Sexton.

Reactions: Jacob

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Hallander is back in Timra’s lineup and had an assist and was +2 with 17 minutes of icetime in a 2-3 loss.

Playing on a line w/ Palmberg & Tornqvist.

Reactions: td_ice

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I still believe that the team weren't lying when they said they had him above the other guys who went in between the two picks - or at least not much. Which is all the more reason not to think of it really. I suspect Botterill might have done us a favour hiring Sexton.

Sexton was terrible in Ottawa. I don't think he improved any during his time in Pittsburgh.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Sexton was terrible in Ottawa. I don't think he improved any during his time in Pittsburgh.

We drafted pretty well in his time here to be fair - at least in terms of forwards and goaltenders. Our dmen picks were bad and just seemed to get worst.

Based on one draft, I like where Allvin's mind seems to be going... although I don't know what pressures either man had from the front office. The 2016 draft smelled of a GM strategy.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
We drafted pretty well in his time here to be fair - at least in terms of forwards and goaltenders. Our dmen picks were bad and just seemed to get worst.

Based on one draft, I like where Allvin's mind seems to be going... although I don't know what pressures either man had from the front office. The 2016 draft smelled of a GM strategy.

Well hes at least very good at drafting guys in the 5th round

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
d’Orio died and went to heaven. Stops 16/17 in an 8-1 win. Drakkar gave up the first goal and went into the 1st intermission down but then steamrolled Val-d’Or with 56 shots.

This is great for his development. I was actually a little worried that, since he faced so much rubber for so long, he might become one of those goalies who really needs to "get into a groove" to be good, and struggles when they only see intermittent action throughout a game. That doesn't seem to be the case so far.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Hey guys and gals, happy new year and all! Been absent for a while but i did write some shit while away (web therapy thingy, you should try it once in a while).

So... here's the old shit (resumed) i wrote:
(this 1rst post was written on new years eve ...after a few beers arf!)

NEWS FROM THE DROZG STORE

1rst post- Cataractes just got their sorry asses kicked until they couldn't sit anymore due to the fact that the Drakkar f***ed them up until their arses turned into glue resulting into a 11-3 loss. Drozg creature needs to work on his D because he tends to cheat for O and his D makes him deliver giveaway puck pizzas. His shot is improving, slowly but surely though.

2nd- I't's now january the 5th, Drozg' team got destroyed by the Voligeurs powerhouse but the Drozged Beast did score a hat trick in that 8-5 humiliation!

3rd- 6th... Cataractes lose again... Drozg stacks more pts... Yey!

Now january 11th... Drozg is still stuck with Shawinigan's but hey, he now has 36pts in 34 gp. He's -21 like he was in 61gp last season... His coach still sucks ass, his garbage team is still devolving but i have to admit for his (mostly team) defense that since Samuel Girard was signed and played right away by the Colorado Avs, his team's D is simply pure shit.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
D'Orio 3rd straight game hes only given up 1 goal since being traded .
1.0 gaa 95.5% in the 3 games since the trade.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
D'Orio 3rd straight game hes only given up 1 goal since being traded .
1.0 gaa 95.5% in the 3 games since the trade.

We couldn’t ask for a better start! I think this is really going to help his development playing for a good team instead of a dumpster fire every night. I knew people said he was a decent prospect but it was hard to look past those terrible numbers. Obviously scouts liked him because not only did the Pens sign him after the tryout but he was just traded for a 1st round pick and player to be named later to get on his current team. Nice to see what he can do with a good team.

Reactions: Giskard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad