Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Just caught a Friedman segment about NCAA'ers:

-Brickley is visiting DET, SJ and LA(with 2 other teams in the mix that he's not visiting). He mentioned DET could plug him in right away and potentially burn a year off his elc.

-Schuldt. Said many teams have been watching him all year. MTL most aggressive pursuing him. Said teams expect he'll go pro and a number of teams still in on him with MTL being the most aggressive.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Just caught a Friedman segment about NCAA'ers:

-Brickley is visiting DET, SJ and LA(with 2 other teams in the mix that he's not visiting). He mentioned DET could plug him in right away and potentially burn a year off his elc.

-Schuldt. Said many teams have been watching him all year. MTL most aggressive pursuing him. Said teams expect he'll go pro and a number of teams still in on him with MTL being the most aggressive.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Sturtz, Berger, Guentzel, Blueger.

I think I just insulted someone in German.

It sounds like a shady accounting firm.

Also, Friedman used to be someone I respected, but he's taken a giant shit on his own reputation with the things he's reported or said in the last few years with flaming fires that never needed to be flamed or ignited in the first place (Malkin stuff I remember from last year) and then other crap. So he can go f*** off for all I care.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Rempal would be a pretty decent get. Can play both wings...

I like Schuldt alot too(more than Brickley) and Sturtz/Berger.
I assume PIT will land 1 or 2 or these NCAA FA's.
Not necessarily the ones mentioned in this post either but i'd love a couple of 'em.

Last edited:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Rempal sounds like a fun gamble at getting another cheap high skill winger, but I'd be a little concerned at how light he is. Small and skinny is a difficult combination to work with at NHL level.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Rempal would be a really nice get, his college production is fantastic for a sophomore. His production through his first 2 years blows Sheary's production out of the water. I'm surprised I haven't heard more about him, to be honest. Oh wait, he's a "sophomore" but he's 22. He played 2 years in the BCHL when he was college eligible, that makes his production less impressive.

If the Penguins can get both Rempal and Angello (I'm scared he doesn't sign, to be honest), I'd be really happy.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Rempal visited LA yesterday.
Lets hope we can get him.

And we REALLY could use Schuldt. Montreal seems like front runners tho since he attended their camp. But we didnt get any of Sturz and Ferguson who both went to our camp...

Dont think theres much else out there in the FA drfensive prospects appartment?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Rempal visited LA yesterday.
Lets hope we can get him.

And we REALLY could use Schuldt. Montreal seems like front runners tho since he attended their camp. But we didnt get any of Sturz and Ferguson who both went to our camp...

Dont think theres much else out there in the FA drfensive prospects appartment?

Most of the articles out there tout a few other defensive guys other than Brickley and Schuldt.

10 NCAA Free Agents the Penguins Should Pursue

Top 2018 College Hockey Free Agents - Last Word on Hockey

Top 2018 College Hockey Free Agents, Part Two - Last Word on Hockey

Top 2018 College Hockey Free Agents Part Three - Last Word on Hockey

Brickley Leads Class of NCAA Undrafted Free Agents

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

That Holloran kid is interesting.
One of those smaller/high hockey iq kids.
And he's only turning 21 this year.
Only thing is he's RW where PIT is flush at atm...
Compared to a Rempal who's very comfortable on both wings.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Berger would be a nice add, IMO.

The thing with PSU players is they are mostly solid two-way players and not overly flashy. The only guy who is, Smirnov, was drafted last year. I really wanted us to draft him, but no dice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad