Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Only 21 goaltenders were taken that year and only 18 the year before - not that unusual I'm guessing for 27th best goaltender to go undrafted.
I think you misunderstand. I was referring to if he had been ranked 27th best player. As in a projected 1st rounder. Those would be some major warts.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I think you misunderstand. I was referring to if he had been ranked 27th best player. As in a projected 1st rounder. Those would be some major warts.

Oh my bad :laugh:

And yeah, they would be. Like, genital warts bad.

Genital warts that you get out in front of everyone while screaming you'll never love again.

Before shouting "Come back Rover! I forgive you!"

That sort of bad.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Oh my bad :laugh:

And yeah, they would be. Like, genital warts bad.

Genital warts that you get out in front of everyone while screaming you'll never love again.

Before shouting "Come back Rover! I forgive you!"

That sort of bad.
:biglaugh:

Even then, the Sharks would have traded up to take him.

Reactions: Peat

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Penguins Invite 38 Players to their 2018 Prospect Development Camp

Prospect camp

Jon Lizotte, Will MacKinnon, Carter Robertson, Sam Rossini, Peter Tischke, Mitchell Chaffee, Jack DeBoer, Casey Dornbach, Andrew Gaus, Renars Krastenbergs, Philippe Lapoint, Austin Lemieux, Jake Lucchini, Jeff Malott, Aidan McDonough, Connor Roberts, Brodi Stuart, Keenan Suthers, Lewis Zerter-Gossage, Tristan Cote-Cazenave, Ryan Ferland and Christian Propp the Invites.

Reactions: Peat

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
One of the two junior goalies might get a deal if they play well.. but aside from that it's mostly college guys that should be returning to school.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
A chance that one of these guys could have been our 7th rounder.

Philippe Lapointe at eliteprospects.com
The Draft Analyst | Recap: 2018 USHL Top Prospects Game
2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #241 by FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS

Lapointe is decent draft prospect having an average season with Lincoln. His overall puck skills, however, seem to be improving, as is his confidence and decisiveness once he crosses center. The Michigan-bound winger (and son of former Stanley Cup champion Martin Lapointe) He displayed soft hands and the ability to receive and control a pass in stride while skating with his head up. Lapointe’s overall speed is above aggregate and he’s strong enough on his skates to power through the shoves or checks of defenders. He’ll play for the University of Michigan in the fall.

Carter Robertson at eliteprospects.com
2018 NHL Draft: Kevin Bahl, Carter Robertson, Peter Stratis, Kody Clark and Ethan Manderville - HockeyProspect.com | 2018 NHL Draft Starts at the 7 minute mark.
2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #176 by HOCKEYPROSPECT.COM
2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #269 by FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS
2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #111 by ISS HOCKEY
2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #117 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #78 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Skaters

Brodi Stuart at eliteprospects.com
Brodi Stuart - NHL - DraftSite.com
2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #130 by FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS
2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #129 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Skaters

Smaller agile winger with a low center of gravity, good footwork, and the ability to separate. A strong possession player who, despite his smaller build, knocks opposing players off pucks. Anchors around the blue paint, and can fight past anyone trying to impede him. Very agile and a strong stick handler. Supports well, can find rebounds, and position himself well in the attacking areas. Injuries set him back this season.

Connor Roberts at eliteprospects.com
Connor Roberts - NHL - DraftSite.com
2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #129 by FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS
2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #127 by ISS HOCKEY
2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #146 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Skaters

Big wing who is a very terrific developmental project. Starting to show signs that there is a lot of skill and power emerging from this sleeper.

Jack DeBoer at eliteprospects.com
8/17/00 (17)
6'3" 187lbs

2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #230 by FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS
2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #185 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #166 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Skaters

Last edited:
Reactions: Peat and Rudy Russo

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
1 Pittsburgh
2 Pittsburgh
3 or 4 Buffalo (3rd if Sheary scores 20 goals or 40 points; 4th otherwise)
4 Minnesota or Pittsburgh (The higher of these picks goes to Dallas as a result of the Oleksiak trade)
5 Pittsburgh
6 Pittsburgh
7 Vegas
7 Pittsburgh

This should be the picks the Penguins have for the 2019 draft, at the moment. The pipeline is looking pretty bare, so hopefully a couple of these picks stay with Pittsburgh.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
1 Pittsburgh
2 Pittsburgh
3 or 4 Buffalo (3rd if Sheary scores 20 goals or 40 points; 4th otherwise)
4 Minnesota or Pittsburgh (The higher of these picks goes to Dallas as a result of the Oleksiak trade)
5 Pittsburgh
6 Pittsburgh
7 Vegas
7 Pittsburgh

This should be the picks the Penguins have for the 2019 draft, at the moment. The pipeline is looking pretty bare, so hopefully a couple of these picks stay with Pittsburgh.
Didn't we send our 6th rounder to Arizona in the Archibald deal?

Reactions: rmartin65

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Don't think we've had a Pens prospect to watch on Team Canada since Pouliot.

With 3 out of 40 this year, I like our odds.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Don't think we've had a Pens prospect to watch on Team Canada since Pouliot.

With 3 out of 40 this year, I like our odds.

I think the Lethbridge coach is an assistant? So maybe crank the odds on Addison and Bellerive up a little.

I wouldn't be surprised if they all missed it though. That's a pretty serious group and I'm not sure how many they're losing to the NHL. I guess Bellerive has the best chance of making it as a bottom sixer.

Reactions: 99664987

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think unless Bellerive is slowed or hampered by his injuries he’s on the team this year.. Addison has a shot next year.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
I think unless Bellerive is slowed or hampered by his injuries he’s on the team this year.. Addison has a shot next year.
Wasn't there a report saying the hand burn he had wouldn't affect his hockey future?
I think it was considered a minor injury.

You sound optimistic about him making the team next season, hope you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad