Pittsburgh Penguins presents new white Diagonal reverse retro 4th jersey

How do you rate the new jersey?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I think I’m the only one who finds these decent. The color and shadows on the lettering and font makes it stick out, which is cool
I also think they were decent. Many people bashing them are those that want us to dust off old jerseys, not understanding reverse retro.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
I also think they were decent. Many people bashing them are those that want us to dust off old jerseys, not understanding reverse retro.
Exactly there is a different. I think the reverse part mixes people up because if you invert the colours, it looks like old jerseys practically since they’re already retro jerseys.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
So, you can preorder them at Pensgear.com for $240 for the authentic ones.

You can choose from Letang, Malkin, Sid and Guentzel. I wish they had more players to choose from.

Are they only wearing these for this season?

Edit: whatever, I just ordered one

Last edited:

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
$240?

And blank sweaters are better than player names

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Bingo. I also want the Robo Penguins to return :yo:, despite what everyone says here, Crosby, Malkin, and Letang jerseys in the Robo Penguins style would sell a lot.

10062001program_1_orig.jpg

This is my favourite penguins jersey all time. Nostalgia, it's the jersey I grew up with mostly. I like the robopigeon, specially because everybody else hates it. :)

Reactions: Lesky and theicebox

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
$240?

And blank sweaters are better than player names

On the real talk, I really appreciate people who rock weird old jerseys with the name of some nobody on the back. Those are great. I saw a Kent Manderville jersey at the new arena a few years ago and it blew my mind. :laugh:

Like everyone wants a Lemieux or Crosby jersey, but I want to have a drink with the person who is a passionate fan of Ville Nieminen.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
That was my misunderstanding at first. Now I see the idea of what they are doing. And to be fair... fine. It sells. It makes revenue for NHL.

And if you are a fan of hockey, revenue is a big thing to keep the cap going. So you SHOULD celebrate it.

As I know you know, in 90's the black ones were the road Jerseys so in another context it's not being used differently because I imagine these will be the alternate road Jersey

I do miss the days of home white; and would like to see the NHL alternate road dark and home to white (switch vise versa) every few years just to keep it different.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
As I know you know, in 90's the black ones were the road Jerseys so in another context it's not being used differently because I imagine these will be the alternate road Jersey

I do miss the days of home white; and would like to see the NHL alternate road dark and home to white (switch vise versa) every few years just to keep it different.

Whites are nice, but you are one mistake away from never wearing it again. One idiot spilling beer, nacho cheese or whatever. Learn this lesson a couple of times. Kind of an expensive do it yourself around the house work shirt.

Reactions: EightyOne

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Whites are nice, but you are one mistake away from never wearing it again. One idiot spilling beer, nacho cheese or whatever. Learn this lesson a couple of times. Kind of an expensive do it yourself around the house work shirt.

You tried Shout and it still didn't work?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I personally don't like the fourth jersey.

I was more of a sixth jersey fan...

Also really liked the eighth jersey...

But my all-time fayv was the twelfth jersey .. yes sir... the twelfth... memory lane...

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
Is this the one where if he or she makes a shot from the defending blueline, they pay 30% of his or her back alimony, plus a free handle of Evan Williams?

But if they miss, that month's alimony payment will instead be spent on Black Rifle Coffee coupons.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
I think they'll look nice on the ice. As it looks is in the picture, it reminds me of something one of the local clothing companies would have came up with. I do like that it recalls vintage with a modern day spin. At least it's somewhat new.

I feel like "retro" has been in for so long in sports that eventually people are going to want something fresh and new. Then again, people yearn for nostalgia beyond what any psychiatrist would probably recommend.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Kind of wanted to make a Kasparaitis. Old with the new. But then I remembered he gifted Ovi something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad