How do you rate the new jersey?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Pittsburgh Penguins presents white reverse retro 4th jersey

bQHWaXb.jpg

I think this is the first Penguins jersey I wont buy at all. There is nothing with it I like. When you know we could have had the black diagonal or the robopen gradient this feels like a slap in the face! A missed oppurtunity!

Your thoughts? I made a poll as well.

Last edited:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Those are f***ing disgusting.

I hate to be too hard on the young intern that likely designed them but this shouldn't have been approved by any decision-making executive on the team.

This is the Tanner Glass of Pens jerseys. Even those shitty baby blues were better.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
How stupid is it that the Pens have tried to re-invent jerseys until they just went back to the GOAT jerseys and everyone loved it.

NEW PIGEON! Nope.
VEGAS GOLD! Nope.
HOW ABOUT OLD PENGUIN WITH VEGAS GOLD! Nope.
f***! Go back to the old ones.... YUP!

Out of all the jerseys, the diagnol jersey is iconic for many reasons and 90s nostalgia is in. 3rd jersey this year simply should have just been the f***ing black/gold one. Then keep the traditional jerseys.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I f***ing hate it. If you go retro - just go retro. It's an iconic jersey. Why do you need to re-invent it?

I'll say this line all the time, but this is entirely Adidas's doing with the entire league going all fake throwback. Considering how safe the team went here, I'd be shocked if we use them much more than the minimum.

This may be the most indifferent I'll ever be about a Penguins jersey. There is nothing about this jersey that I like, yet it's hard to look at the jerseys every team in the league just got and not feel at least slightly relieved that indifference is better than outright putrefaction.

The text jerseys are not ones I ever had any fondness of, be it the expansion originals or the 90s iteration that most of my young hockey memories involve. They looked clunky then, they look clunky now, and the entire aesthetic is easily identifiable as another team's in the league...I feel like us going with diagonal text jerseys would be like if the NY Giants decided to only use helmet decals on one side. Even if there was a footnote in their history to make it make sense, I still immediately think Rangers when I see this kind of jersey in a way I don't immediately think Red Wings when I see our normal jerseys.

I'm just happy the worst goddamned logo in human history is nowhere on that thing. Robopigeon immediately would make me riot. Burn it in pyre and forget that accident ever happened. Ugliest regular jersey in NHL history and exclusively tied to horrible and painful memories and failures.

Robopigeon was the Ian Moran of hockey jerseys.

Last edited:

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
I f***ing hate it. If you go retro - just go retro. It's an iconic jersey. Why do you need to re-invent it?
That's kinda the whole point though? Every team that has history has done retro to death. We've had two blue throwbacks, we've done back to our 80's/90's jerseys. All that's left is to sorta retcon some new-retro stuff.

Reactions: SirBrad

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
That's kinda the whole point though? Every team that has history has done retro to death. We've had two blue throwbacks, we've done back to our 80's/90's jerseys. All that's left is to sorta retcon some new-retro stuff.

Huh? What about the Robo Penguins home jersey, the road diagonal black and the gradient black alternate jerseys?

Robo Penguins jerseys and Art Ross trophys, the Robo Penguins were the Penguins jerseys for almost 10 years when Jagr & Lemieux were the face of scoring in the entire league, not just the Penguins. Lots of people including me grew up and became fans during that time. I am not demanding they go back to that logo full time, but give it a special game run or a year or two as alternate. Look at the immense popularity of the other 1990s jerseys as the Egg Plant and Kachina. The Robo Penguins are iconic even among non-Pens fans! And yet none of these jerseys have been done in 20 years.

Art Rosses:
2001: Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh Penguins
2000: Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh Penguins
1999: Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh Penguins
1998: Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh Penguins
1997: Mario Lemieux, Pittsburgh Penguins
1996: Mario Lemieux, Pittsburgh Penguins
1995: Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh Penguins
1993: Mario Lemieux, Pittsburgh Penguins

Reactions: theicebox

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Better than some of the other team’s reverse retro jerseys. There’s some monstrosities out there.

Last edited:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
How stupid is it that the Pens have tried to re-invent jerseys until they just went back to the GOAT jerseys and everyone loved it.

NEW PIGEON! Nope.
VEGAS GOLD! Nope.
HOW ABOUT OLD PENGUIN WITH VEGAS GOLD! Nope.
f***! Go back to the old ones.... YUP!

Out of all the jerseys, the diagnol jersey is iconic for many reasons and 90s nostalgia is in. 3rd jersey this year simply should have just been the f***ing black/gold one. Then keep the traditional jerseys.

I'm sure there will be a black mock up one for home and away.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'll say this line all the time, but this is entirely Adidas's doing with the entire league going all fake throwback. Considering how safe the team went here, I'd be shocked if we use them much more than the minimum.

This may be the most indifferent I'll ever be about a Penguins jersey. There is nothing about this jersey that I like, yet it's hard to look at the jerseys every team in the league just got and not feel at least slightly relieved that indifference is better than outright putrefaction.

The text jerseys are not ones I ever had any fondness of, be it the expansion originals or the 90s iteration that most of my young hockey memories involve. They looked clunky then, they look clunky now, and the entire aesthetic is easily identifiable as another team's in the league...I feel like us going with diagonal text jerseys would be like if the NY Giants decided to only use helmet decals on one side. Even if there was a footnote in their history to make it make sense, I still immediately think Rangers when I see this kind of jersey in a way I don't immediately think Red Wings when I see our normal jerseys.

I'm just happy the worst goddamned logo in human history is nowhere on that thing. Robopigeon immediately would make me riot. Burn it in pyre and forget that accident ever happened. Ugliest regular jersey in NHL history and exclusively tied to horrible and painful memories and failures.

Robopigeon was the Ian Moran of hockey jerseys.

Just because it is Adidas I won't be buying any anyways..

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I guess this proves once and for all how much Mario hates the pigeon if they decided to use the dumb traingle-less penguin for the patches.

I will say this about the league-wide program: If you don't like the Arizona/Anaheim jerseys then you're no fun

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Well, I like it better on a person than those leaked eBay images we saw. It's okay.
Yea I’m glad that “Pittsburgh” is actual the right size.

Reverse retro isn’t the Pens’ doing. This is just what we wound up with. I’m fine with it.

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
Huh? What about the Robo Penguins home jersey, the road diagonal black and the gradient black alternate jerseys?

Robo Penguins jerseys and Art Ross trophys, the Robo Penguins were the Penguins jerseys for almost 10 years when Jagr & Lemieux were the face of scoring in the entire league, not just the Penguins. Lots of people including me grew up and became fans during that time. I am not demanding they go back to that logo full time, but give it a special game run or a year or two as alternate. Look at the immense popularity of the other 1990s jerseys as the Egg Plant and Kachina. The Robo Penguins are iconic even among non-Pens fans! And yet none of these jerseys have been done in 20 years.

Art Rosses:
2001: Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh Penguins
2000: Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh Penguins
1999: Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh Penguins
1998: Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh Penguins
1997: Mario Lemieux, Pittsburgh Penguins
1996: Mario Lemieux, Pittsburgh Penguins
1995: Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh Penguins
1993: Mario Lemieux, Pittsburgh Penguins

Bingo. I also want the Robo Penguins to return :yo:, despite what everyone says here, Crosby, Malkin, and Letang jerseys in the Robo Penguins style would sell a lot.

10062001program_1_orig.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->