OT: Pittsburgh Media Thread - Still the Worst | Now with Drunken Rants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
You'd think even Rob Rossi would know that you should probably include a quote from the person you're writing an article about.

Probably what happened, though, is he tried to get something from Murray that would fit his article and Murray wouldn't bite.

I did ask Rossi why there weren't any Murray quotes in his article, and, even though he found time to respond to everyone else's post, mine must have slipped under his radar. :rolleyes:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You'd think even Rob Rossi would know that you should probably include a quote from the person you're writing an article about.

Probably what happened, though, is he tried to get something from Murray that would fit his article and Murray wouldn't bite.

I did ask Rossi why there weren't any Murray quotes in his article, and, even though he found time to respond to everyone else's post, mine must have slipped under his radar. :rolleyes:

I'm sure it was an accidental oversight.

EDIT: No, really . . . :D

Reactions: Patric Hornqvist

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
Mackey is on the Fan with Paul “Uhhh” Zeise talking hockey. Mackey said how Sullivan is so competitive and Irish (what’s with bringing up his nationality all of a sudden?) that he’s like “We have to win this game. We need to win.”

Uh, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that the point of sports or.... ?

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
I sense some envy here. It's easy to look at other people's jobs and denigrate them-- "oh anyone could do that."

Imagine a lot of hf posters would give their firstborn to have a paying gig in sports writing/broadcasting.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I sense some envy here. It's easy to look at other people's jobs and denigrate them-- "oh anyone could do that."

Imagine a lot of hf posters would give their firstborn to have a paying gig in sports writing/broadcasting.

Yea, I would like to be paid to say “x coach wants to win because he’s Irish” as if it was meaningful information.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Yea, I would like to be paid to say “x coach wants to win because he’s Irish” as if it was meaningful information.
LOL, are you serious? Sports commentators don't traffic in meaningful information by definition. It's SPORTS, entertainment.

The metric here is the ability to draw and maintain an audience. Pretty competitive as there is no shortage of folks who would like that job.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
It's not envy, it's annoyance. Get information that's relevant, relay it, don't lie, know your subject matter. It shouldn't be hard to do these four things, but certain sports "journalists" find it impossible for some reason. It's no different from being irritated at a flag man who has no idea how to direct traffic through an area of street construction or an attorney who doesn't know the law.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Mackey is on the Fan with Paul “Uhhh” Zeise talking hockey. Mackey said how Sullivan is so competitive and Irish (what’s with bringing up his nationality all of a sudden?) that he’s like “We have to win this game. We need to win.”

Uh, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that the point of sports or.... ?
I'm going to guess that Mackey is also of Irish descent.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Was he the one who brought it up the first time like a week ago in an article? I honestly can’t remember. I thought it was someone else, so it was odd to me that “everyone” is bringing it up now.
He was. As far as I know, he's the only one to have done it. I'm just guessing it's because he's repping an Irish connection, no idea if it's actually true or not.

Reactions: FlightlessBird

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
How does Mackey take a shit with the Pens media teams arm so far up his ass?

Another maturbatory article by that ass hat.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
LOL, are you serious? Sports commentators don't traffic in meaningful information by definition. It's SPORTS, entertainment.

The metric here is the ability to draw and maintain an audience. Pretty competitive as there is no shortage of folks who would like that job.

Right.. so analyzing or relaying the facts regarding your subject matter, as meaningful as it is, is useless, and speculating on pseudo-psychology as it pertains to said game is on the same level. Ok, Maggie.

You’re basically saying that they get paid based on click bait, in order to generate ad revenue and clicks, which is why people under the age of 45 in the digital age hate journalists, sports or not. Irish Man Proud, the sports equivalent to Orange Man Bad.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Right.. so analyzing or relaying the facts regarding your subject matter, as meaningful as it is, is useless, and speculating on pseudo-psychology as it pertains to said game is on the same level. Ok, Maggie.

You’re basically saying that they get paid based on click bait, in order to generate ad revenue and clicks, which is why people under the age of 45 in the digital age hate journalists, sports or not. Irish Man Proud, the sports equivalent to Orange Man Bad.
I'm saying it's sports, ergo entertainment. And the ability to attract and maintain an audience is paramount. This is not unique to the internet as you surely must realize. Gotta pay the bills irrespective of the medium.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I'm saying it's sports, ergo entertainment. And the ability to attract and maintain an audience is paramount. This is not unique to the internet as you surely must realize. Gotta pay the bills irrespective of the medium.

Yes, and just like with AAA gaming, the public generally hates it and it’s dying because people are catching on to it’s anti-consumer nature with the spread of new media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad