OT: Pittsburgh Media Thread - Still the Worst | Now with Drunken Rants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
~8am, the fan takes a call from (what I presume) was an older lady. They mock her while she asks questions. In their defense, she did say she thinks the Steelers won't win another game this year. o-O

But it sums up the station. Arrogant beyond all belief and that doesn't lend itself to a real discussion but rather my way or the highway conversations that always ends in the same fashion. Bad radio is bad...

Dunlap.... i turned it off during that.

Starkey and muller were good together, unfortunately muller will now be worse since he's with filliponi; his style is already more condescending and angry in only a few weeks.

Reactions: AverageJoeFan

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I disagree with that. I find him to be probably the most likable and interesting guy on the team. His pre/post game stuff is dull, just like pretty much every other guy. Outside of that setting he's very interesting. His recent podcast, for example.

Of course, maybe I'm boring also. :laugh:

Link to this podcast of sid, please?

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Thanks! I have 12 hour night shifts, audio is great stuff to break the time up with.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
~8am, the fan takes a call from (what I presume) was an older lady. They mock her while she asks questions. In their defense, she did say she thinks the Steelers won't win another game this year. o-O

But it sums up the station. Arrogant beyond all belief and that doesn't lend itself to a real discussion but rather my way or the highway conversations that always ends in the same fashion. Bad radio is bad...
Dunlap.... i turned it off during that.

Starkey and muller were good together, unfortunately muller will now be worse since he's with filliponi; his style is already more condescending and angry in only a few weeks.
That was hard to listen to. Starkey and Mueller was the only good thing going for that station.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Why has the media in Pittsburgh coddled and made excuses for Tomlin all these years but somehow tries to tear Sullivan down at every turn???

Tomlin’s running a freaking circus over there and nobody ever seems to really press him on the issues that are plaguing his locker room...

My theory is the media do not like Sully because he is the one who chose Murray over MAF in 16.

The media LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED Fleury. Always good for a good quote and a smile. Murray is more boring than Sid and he has no tact with reporters. So, yeah, bashing Sully is natural to the media since he took away their best friend.

P.S.: I love Fleury more than most if not ALL. Just keepin' it real.

Reactions: ncm7772

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Wasnt there a recent story, and I could be making this whole thing up, about the Steelers controlling what media gets in/out thus they can't go in guns blazing because they'll literally lose their credentials? I know it happened recently in UFC, which is disgusting, but I thought someone recently lost theirs for the Steelers, too?

turd

Feb 1, 2013

93-7 is so bad because the majority of the hosts no zilch about the sports they cover, and that’s especially true for Dunlap. It’s always some hot take discussion or something completely unimportant. Because they can’t add any value because they don’t know what they’re talking about. And that applies 100x over to their hockey “coverage.”

Madden takes a lot of crap, and rightfully so in some cases. But he does at least understand what’s going on (in hockey at least), so it’s at least a good discussion on his show, even if he puts his own annoying spin on things sometimes.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
So did Rob Rossi get hired by the Athletic? I noticed he wrote an article recently about Fleury. Surprised that guy was able to land a gig anywhere reputable. He's not actually a bad writer but he's just such a slimeball.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
So did Rob Rossi get hired by the Athletic? I noticed he wrote an article recently about Fleury. Surprised that guy was able to land a gig anywhere reputable. He's not actually a bad writer but he's just such a slimeball.

He's got a full time job with Pittsburgh City Paper, which seems to be more in line with what he wanted to do with his career. I'm sure the Athletic piece was just extra work -- nothing full time with them.

letter_polaroid2.jpg

:laugh:

News, Dining, Music, Best Of, Arts, Film | Pittsburgh City Paper

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
My theory is the media do not like Sully because he is the one who chose Murray over MAF in 16.

The media LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED Fleury. Always good for a good quote and a smile. Murray is more boring than Sid and he has no tact with reporters. So, yeah, bashing Sully is natural to the media since he took away their best friend.

P.S.: I love Fleury more than most if not ALL. Just keepin' it real.

Sully's pretty close mouthed with the media himself and likes to keep the ship that way too. Remember part of the alleged clash with Cole is that he was too open. Wouldn't be surprised if there was something to this.

Although I do sometimes wonder if there's someone in the Pens org who isn't too hot on Sully. I feel like pretty much every tiff Sully has makes its way out in a way I don't think would happen elsewhere. Could be wrong though.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
lol that guy. I wonder how many of his colleagues have loathed him over the years.
#tweetlikeRossi
Guy blocked me couple years ago on Twitter because...I am someone? No, because he was wrong...way too often and hated anyone pointing it out. lol
@ColePens Reporting, it seems, is just a function of the org for the Steelers. The guys who report and get access are only the guys who won't bash management and Tomlin for the most part.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007

He's got a full time job with Pittsburgh City Paper, which seems to be more in line with what he wanted to do with his career. I'm sure the Athletic piece was just extra work -- nothing full time with them.

At the end of the article it says: "Rob Rossi is a Senior Writer for The Athletic"

A sad day for The Athletic.

gtpeli2

Feb 5, 2014
The Athletic overall is great, but the Pittsburgh site is absolutely atrocious. Yohe is okay, and I really like Marshall, but the rest are crap.

Biertempfel is a whiny baby who's blocked half the city, Kaboly cannot spell or form correct sentences, and Rossi is the most despised Pens "writer" of all time. They've focused on hiring big names instead of good writers, and the site sucks for it.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I thought we finally slated the Rossi dragon, yet here we are again. I was planning on getting around to subscribing to the Athletic but this changes any ideas I had for that.

He acts like he’s a WWE heel, but he’s just a jackass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->