OT: Pittsburgh Media Thread - Still the Worst | Now with Drunken Rants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I'm not a Madden fan but it's hilarious seeing Mike Mitchell talk shit. How is your season going Mitchell? Oh wait you are so damn awful no one wanted to sign you.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
It’s a shame how the media in this town works... That’s not meant to be a blanket statement - as there are a few honest and genuine media guys/girls out there.

The rest, it’s like they need some kind of constant melodrama going on to do their job. Can’t be any kind of of original, honest, informative story... it has to be the desperate housewives of Pittsburgh.

Very, very sick of the media not liking a sports personality in this town and trying to sway public opinion. I really wish the majority of people would catch on to this bull**** behavior from the media and stop validating it.

They turn our sports teams into their own personal circus, mostly for ratings or clickbait dollars... it’s like they’re constantly looking for negative, drama fueled scenarios to report on and if they don’t find one they create it.

EVEN if it some of it is true? Do they need to amplify it to the masses? Then take something small and turn it into a tire fire? Maybe we as fans don’t really need to know if Kessel and Sullivan have it out from time to time - maybe it’s none of our business. Maybe not reporting on that stuff, helps the team in the long run....

Maybe the media is the problem. Maybe the media has a bad attitude and a lazy work ethic. Maybe we could trade some of the media out of town?

Why has the media in Pittsburgh coddled and made excuses for Tomlin all these years but somehow tries to tear Sullivan down at every turn???

Tomlin’s running a freaking circus over there and nobody ever seems to really press him on the issues that are plaguing his locker room...

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Boy, I’m a life long, diehard Steelers fan but this team gets more and more unlikable every year.

Many of these players have become loudmouth, internet tough guys, promising to beat the **** out of anyone who dares criticize them. And dumb*** Mitchell stood outside the Jags locker room before the playoff game last year screaming that by the end of the game they would “know his name”, then proceeded to get his ass handed to him all game long...

We’ve got Brown threatening reporters on the web, Bell posting videos of him riding jet skis and getting his rap game on in South Beach, former players going after the media with threats...

...and it all starts at the top, Mikey T. He refused to nip this shit in the bud years ago and now it’s biting him in the ass and the whole team is like a circus sideshow.

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
Boy, I’m a life long, diehard Steelers fan but this team gets more and more unlikable every year.

Many of these players have become loudmouth, internet tough guys, promising to beat the **** out of anyone who dares criticize them. And dumb*** Mitchell stood outside the Jags locker room before the playoff game last year screaming that by the end of the game they would “know his name”, then proceeded to get his ass handed to him all game long...

We’ve got Brown threatening reporters on the web, Bell posting videos of him riding jet skis and getting his rap game on in South Beach, former players going after the media with threats...

...and it all starts at the top, Mikey T. He refused to nip this **** in the bud years ago and now it’s biting him in the ass and the whole team is like a circus sideshow.

Not to mention the predator/drama queen at QB.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Not to mention the predator/drama queen at QB.
Sure can't wait to see where this team is when he's gone though.

Wow, it's really been a year since Yohe joined the Athletic for that 6 figure salary.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
As soon as Harrison threatened physical action, that was a door wide open for Madden to say "Anger/physicality isn't always the answer. I would have thought you learned your lesson after domestic abuse charges."

It was a slam dunk. I hope he took it. I don't follow that garbage but Harrison using anger/physicality to defend that comment is just awful. That is the reason for the comment in the first place.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Mike Mitchell's comment is even more embarrassing than Harrison's. We all know that James is too stupid to control his temper, but Mitchell is like an awkward nerd trying to insert himself into someone else's twitter feud so the cool kids will notice him.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Mike Mitchell's comment is even more embarrassing than Harrison's. We all know that James is too stupid to control his temper, but Mitchell is like an awkward nerd trying to insert himself into someone else's twitter feud so the cool kids will notice him.

Mitchell is a ******* clown.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
The Steelers have a long list of former and current loud mouth trash talkers who are never able to back it up.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

...and it all starts at the top, Mikey T. He refused to nip this **** in the bud years ago and now it’s biting him in the ass and the whole team is like a circus sideshow.

It was always like this, and not just in football. Bobby Bonilla, Barrasso, etc. The less said about Greg Lloyd or Justin Strzlzyk (however that's spelled), the better. What was that one kicker's name? Guy who used to be at the bars 7 nights a week. Whatever it was, he was an enormous, self-obsessed jerk. I can only imagine what Kordell Stewart was saying privately about the media after the whisper campaigns they started against him. I can't imagine it was more charitable than what Harrison said.

It's just that social media is a thing, now, so confrontations like this are widely visible, instead of being controversies involving 11 people who know about them.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The Steelers have a long list of former and current loud mouth trash talkers who are never able to back it up.

You notice the one guy you never hear from anymore? Troy. He knew what a **** show the Steelers organization had become under Tomlin.

cc: @ColePens

It was always like this, and not just in football. Bobby Bonilla, Barrasso, etc. The less said about Greg Lloyd or Justin Strzlzyk (however that's spelled), the better. What was that one kicker's name? Guy who used to be at the bars 7 nights a week. Whatever it was, he was an enormous, self-obsessed jerk. I can only imagine what Kordell Stewart was saying privately about the media after the whisper campaigns they started against him. I can't imagine it was more charitable than what Harrison said.

It's just that social media is a thing, now, so confrontations like this are widely visible, instead of being controversies involving 11 people who know about them.

Pittsburgh sports media is like Gossip Girls for yinzers.

Reactions: Bingo71

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I firmly believe Polamalu, and you know how much I respect that guy, knew what was going on and got out when he felt he had respect and part of his body still left.

And man do I respect him. Family man who gave back to the city and its people. He was so quiet about it. Even though he was about as terrible as it gets in that GB Superbowl, I can respect the man with everything I got.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I firmly believe Polamalu, and you know how much I respect that guy, knew what was going on and got out when he felt he had respect and part of his body still left.

And man do I respect him. Family man who gave back to the city and its people. He was so quiet about it. Even though he was about as terrible as it gets in that GB Superbowl, I can respect the man with everything I got.

Polamalu's a great guy and he'll always be one of my favorite players in any sport, but he was never going to last into his mid/late 30s playing with such reckless abandon. I'm honestly surprised that he maintained such a high level of play for as long as he did, usually players like that flame out sooner.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
This is why I think guys like Sid are so special.

He keeps his mouth shut and just works. He lets his play do the talking. He does special things behind the scenes that go unnoticed and isn’t looking for media attention. Sure, today’s media and the younger generation love the loudmouths and the guys who are always yelling “look at me”. Thy think Sid is “boring” and “vanilla” because he doesn’t make a spectacle on or off the ice.

Contrast that with guys Mitchell, Bell, AB, etc, always wanting the attention on them, always running at the mouth..

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
This is why I think guys like Sid are so special.

He keeps his mouth shut and just works. He lets his play do the talking. He does special things behind the scenes that go unnoticed and isn’t looking for media attention. Sure, today’s media and the younger generation love the loudmouths and the guys who are always yelling “look at me”. Thy think Sid is “boring” and “vanilla” because he doesn’t make a spectacle on or off the ice.

Contrast that with guys Mitchell, Bell, AB, etc, always wanting the attention on them, always running at the mouth..

Sid is boring, though. He seems like a great guy and he's a model professional, both of which are great qualities, but he's also boring. He's lacking in charisma. It's not mutually exclusive. You can be a good guy, a good teammate and still have an engaging personality. Sid only has 2 of the 3.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Sid is boring, though. He seems like a great guy and he's a model professional, both of which are great qualities, but he's also boring. He's lacking in charisma. It's not mutually exclusive. You can be a good guy, a good teammate and still have an engaging personality. Sid only has 2 of the 3.
I disagree with that. I find him to be probably the most likable and interesting guy on the team. His pre/post game stuff is dull, just like pretty much every other guy. Outside of that setting he's very interesting. His recent podcast, for example.

Of course, maybe I'm boring also. :laugh:

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I disagree with that. I find him to be probably the most likable and interesting guy on the team. His pre/post game stuff is dull, just like pretty much every other guy. Outside of that setting he's very interesting. His recent podcast, for example.

Of course, maybe I'm boring also. :laugh:

Or maybe we just evaluate charisma differently. Your opinion is as valid as mine. I don't listen to podcasts, so I can't say anything one way or the other about that.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
~8am, the fan takes a call from (what I presume) was an older lady. They mock her while she asks questions. In their defense, she did say she thinks the Steelers won't win another game this year. o-O

But it sums up the station. Arrogant beyond all belief and that doesn't lend itself to a real discussion but rather my way or the highway conversations that always ends in the same fashion. Bad radio is bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad